Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

Hi @Deb. Obviously I can't speak for your dealer and I'm sure you're aware of the saga with mine, but from what I know the ETA given by the actual dealer is the date that the car is due to be arriving on site at the dealer, rather than docking at Avonmouth (Bristol). That's been my understanding. Obviously it's not the date of collection - it's the date it should be rolling off the transporter to the dealer. 

It wouldn't surprise me if our cars were on the same ship to be honest - given we both have very similar ETA's! 😄 Sadly, I have no ship information to give otherwise I'd have very happily cross-referenced with you and try to figure out something a little more 'certain'. 

If you're referring to the shipping website stating 25th August and Lexus as being 5th September - then yes, I'd suspect it'll be in dock on the 25th and at the dealers a week and a half (or so) later. Logistically, that sounds 'about right'. In my head at least! I would be genuinely surprised if you had to wait until 29th September to collect, if the dealers get it on the 5th. It certainly doesn't take more than three weeks to PDI a new car. Unless you want to get it on a specific date further down the line (in which case just about any dealer, Lexus or not) will hold onto your new car for you, something will have gone very wrong if they plan to sit on it for that length of time.

I've already stated to my dealer that if it does indeed arrive this month, whatever they do, don't register it until the '73' plate next month. Waiting an additional few days, a week or whatever, on top of what will be a sixteen month wait will be neither here or there for me. Plus, as I've said before, I'd also feel incredibly 'cheated', especially after waiting this length of time, to collect a new car in late August... 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Deb said:

I went onto the link you provided and located our ship name. It says that its ETA is 25/08/23? Do you know if this is the date it’s due to dock at Bristol? We were told by Lexus it’s due 05/09/23??

Its the estimated time of arrival. The ship my car was on went from an eta of 6th August to the 12th August and then the 9th August, which turned out to be the actual time of arrival. My understanding is that the cars go from the port to Derby, which is the central Lexus / Toyota depot and from there to the Dealer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is there any point at looking at the app for progress?

Ordered my NX 350h in June 22, Dealer says it should arrive by mid September.

the app is not showing any progress - e.g. at first it showed a correct image of the car - now just an outline of a car. my understanding is that it will take 2 months from "build in progess" to shipment.

1 hour ago, szhrmp said:

the app is not showing any progress - e.g. at first it showed a correct image of the car - now just an outline of a car. my understanding is that it will take 2 months from "build in progess" to shipment.

I found that whenever there was a change in app progress, I got an email. So app not much use ….

3 hours ago, szhrmp said:

My app doesn't appear to work either.

It is quite a basic tracker anyway.

@Deb

If it helps as of 3.15pm BST, your ship has enterred the gulf of Aden,  and ETA Suez 8pm  local time on Tuesday.  800miles to reach Suez canel muster point.  Expect  some delays (~12hours) at Suez before Transit through the canal.

image.thumb.png.7d4710972636d079d38c11deae7d7188.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hillie said:

@Deb

If it helps as of 3.15pm BST, your ship has enterred the gulf of Aden,  and ETA Suez 8pm  local time on Tuesday.  800miles to reach Suez canel muster point.  Expect  some delays (~12hours) at Suez before Transit through the canal.

image.thumb.png.7d4710972636d079d38c11deae7d7188.png

Which tracking app have you used to obtain such detailed information please?

1 minute ago, Deb said:

Which tracking app have you used to obtain such detailed information please?

Oh the marine traffic app has updated now to show its newest location! 👍 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, szhrmp said:

Ignore the Lexus App. Mine showed 'Processing Order' for months and then the car disappeared!. Your Dealer has access to a seperate system and therefore should be able to give accurate information. Once you know what ship your vehicle is on you can track it on the marine traffic website:

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/

and the Bristol Ports website which will tell you when the ship is expected to dock

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

• Like 2

Things do now seem to be moving forwards quite well with regards to my order. There has been quite a fair amount of progress over the course of this week. I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this... It's been an incredibly long time coming. 👍

If you can bear with me until mid/end next week until I have all the relevant facts together, I should be able to share what's been going on (and for a change, it’s looking likely to be mostly positive. Not an "Oh no, what's he going to moan about now?!" grump!).

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

Just checked the website rather than the app and it is now saying that it has left the factory. 
even better news. 

How funny as mine has just done the same thing! Finally!!

• Like 4

I have been checking my app daily (with no progress 🙄)

However.... just checked it just now

Build in progress and left the factory both now ticked 

😀😀

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

😀😀

I checked the website too - which has never even shown my order.

It too has now been updated as above 😀

Lexus has been busy 😀

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

😀😀

Good news. 
Didn't you get any email for build started or build completed? I reached out to Lexus support last week and they were saying you will get email notification for each stage. Lexus app, communication everything seems strange and pathetic 

32 minutes ago, Waquar said:

Good news. 
Didn't you get any email for build started or build completed? I reached out to Lexus support last week and they were saying you will get email notification for each stage. Lexus app, communication everything seems strange and pathetic 

I got 2 emails today to say it is on it's way.

• Like 2

So glad reading this topic that things have started to move a lot quicker for those still waiting.

Just one comment - it is well worth the wait, it's a great car to drive.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, imgo said:

So glad reading this topic that things have started to move a lot quicker for those still waiting.

Just one comment - it is well worth the wait, it's a great car to drive.

I can't really remember what I ordered 😅

• Haha 4

Okay folks, an update as I promised. 

The reason why I didn’t want to explain more in my last post is that at the time of posting, the car was in the UK but hadn't *quite* made it’s way to the dealer (I basically didn't want to jinx anything). I can now confirm that it has now arrived and the finance on the new NX and trade-in value on my outgoing UX is now sorted. 

No. I still don't know what ship it was on which is mildly annoying as that's part of what appears to be the 'usual process' of being kept updated, or when it even arrived in the UK, but at the end of the day, it's now sitting at the dealer waiting. I've just had to accept my 'non-priority' customer/car status. I have always said I will give credit where credit is due and in this case, the dealer is beginning at least some attempt to turn that juggernaut of almost 16 months worth of negativity I've had with them around. It's still an incredibly long way back I have to say, but at least they’re beginning to see the points I’ve been making after sorting out the finance and having a good long chat with them face to face. 

I should have a collection date very shortly. I'm told that there are about 'ten others' ahead of me when it comes to September collections (which I admit was probably an unfortunate 'slip of the tongue' given my excessive wait - and only serves to add fuel to the 'non-priority' theory), but they'll try their best to make it as early as possible. It'll certainly be within the first three or four days. I've said this before but for those who can't remember - I honestly don't mind not collecting it on 1st September. I've "been there and done that" before when it comes to new plate day. I'm actually quite happy to wait a few days after, even a week into 'the new plate' if need be. It's more of a relaxing atmosphere. It'll be what it'll be at the end of the day. I'm actually off work on the 1st, 4th and 5th anyway, so it won't be a problem whatever I'm told.   

So, fingers crossed folks. In theory, pending any further changes (which given my luck throughout this whole sorry, silent saga wouldn't surprise me) I should have it in slightly under a fortnight's time.

On 8/21/2023 at 8:24 PM, Scotlex said:

I checked the website too - which has never even shown my order.

It too has now been updated as above 😀

Lexus has been busy 😀

Relatable. As I’ve said before, the app and the website has never shown my order and to this day, it seemingly doesn’t exist. This is even though I know for a fact my new NX is now physically sitting at the dealers somewhere...

On 8/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, Scotlex said:

I can't really remember what I ordered 😅

That's similar to me. I'm just about to 'click over' into the 16th month of waiting. I actually had to check my paperwork about a month ago as I genuinely couldn’t remember if I specified a sunroof or panoramic roof. Being a Takumi it's one or the other, but I opted for the latter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Okay folks, an update as I promised. 

The reason why I didn’t want to explain more in my last post is that at the time of posting, the car was in the UK but hadn't *quite* made it’s way to the dealer (I basically didn't want to jinx anything). I can now confirm that it has now arrived and the finance on the new NX and trade-in value on my outgoing UX is now sorted. 

No. I still don't know what ship it was on which is mildly annoying as that's part of what appears to be the 'usual process' of being kept updated, or when it even arrived in the UK, but at the end of the day, it's now sitting at the dealer waiting. I've just had to accept my 'non-priority' customer/car status. I have always said I will give credit where credit is due and in this case, the dealer is beginning at least some attempt to turn that juggernaut of almost 16 months worth of negativity I've had with them around. It's still an incredibly long way back I have to say, but at least they’re beginning to see the points I’ve been making after sorting out the finance and having a good long chat with them face to face. 

I should have a collection date very shortly. I'm told that there are about 'ten others' ahead of me when it comes to September collections (which I admit was probably an unfortunate 'slip of the tongue' given my excessive wait - and only serves to add fuel to the 'non-priority' theory), but they'll try their best to make it as early as possible. It'll certainly be within the first three or four days. I've said this before but for those who can't remember - I honestly don't mind not collecting it on 1st September. I've "been there and done that" before when it comes to new plate day. I'm actually quite happy to wait a few days after, even a week into 'the new plate' if need be. It's more of a relaxing atmosphere. It'll be what it'll be at the end of the day. I'm actually off work on the 1st, 4th and 5th anyway, so it won't be a problem whatever I'm told.   

So, fingers crossed folks. In theory, pending any further changes (which given my luck throughout this whole sorry, silent saga wouldn't surprise me) I should have it in slightly under a fortnight's time.

Relatable. As I’ve said before, the app and the website has never shown my order and to this day, it seemingly doesn’t exist. This is even though I know for a fact my new NX is now physically sitting at the dealers somewhere...

That's similar to me. I'm just about to 'click over' into the 16th month of waiting. I actually had to check my paperwork about a month ago as I genuinely couldn’t remember if I specified a sunroof or panoramic roof. Being a Takumi it's one or the other, but I opted for the latter.

Now that you have had all your finance and trade in sorted did you get the same trade in value that you was originally offered. 
Mine is due end of September and when I ordered in April we agreed a trade in value for my Honda but they said that they will need to re validate nearer the time of collection. 
I have been checking regular on my value of my Honda on various sites and it has came down quite a lot from what I was quoted back in April. 
There is nearly £5k difference in price from what is on my order for part ex. 
just wanting to know if Lexus is going to get close to what was originally offered. 
i dont mind £1k or £2k difference but there is no way I can pay an extra £5k 

many thanks

• Sad 1

The ship my 350h is on is due to dock at Portbury this Saturday at midday 🥳 🎉 

Fingers crossed we should be getting a call from our dealer in the next few weeks🤞 

That would be a 12 month wait.

Think I may actually miss watching the ships progress across the seas 😂 

• Like 2

I should have held-off just a day after yesterday's post! 😄

My collection day has now been confirmed as 1st September and I've also been given my '73' plate registration number. 

At least I now know for sure I've got beige glovebox lid in mine - which I'm still unsure about...

IMG_1748.thumb.jpg.5ae2f92cb06310647c59ebed158ff7c6.jpg

23 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Now that you have had all your finance and trade in sorted did you get the same trade in value that you was originally offered. 
Mine is due end of September and when I ordered in April we agreed a trade in value for my Honda but they said that they will need to re validate nearer the time of collection. 
I have been checking regular on my value of my Honda on various sites and it has came down quite a lot from what I was quoted back in April. 
There is nearly £5k difference in price from what is on my order for part ex. 
just wanting to know if Lexus is going to get close to what was originally offered. 
i dont mind £1k or £2k difference but there is no way I can pay an extra £5k

many thanks

I was never offered a trade-in value at the time of ordering. The reason given was because the dealer would only guarantee that price for three months. They said that right from the outset and wouldn’t even give me a rough idea of what they would offer me. I was told they would honour the price of the new NX as it was in May 2022 when I ordered it (which they have) and they worked out how much the finance would be if the car would be there after a few months. However, they said this particular part was to only give me a rough guide and wouldn't be guaranteed. They'd only honour the price of the car.  

Obviously I can’t speak for the few others who have had a similar ridiculously extended wait as I have, but I think because the dealer have on record two out of the three complaints I've made to Customer Services, they did also eventually agree to honouring the same finance/APR rate as I was quoted last May too. I will admit I was genuinely surprised by that given how much things have changed in that respect in the last near-16 months. I thought they'd try wriggle their way out of that one, but fair play... I think the only piece of positive news to come out of this whole saga with my order is that because I’ve been kept at the 'back of the queue' for so long, I'm paying upwards of £5000 less for the car than what it retails at now. They certainly won't be making all that much out of me on the finance either, after making some sums earlier. Not that I should care - the dealer and Lexus have only got themselves to blame for that. 

There's no way I'd be able to afford the car now, at current retail price. I was close to my limit as it was almost 16 months ago.

I really do wish you well with the trade-in value with your Honda. I got pretty much what I expected for my UX (give or take a few hundred pounds) and if I had to pay the current APR rates, it would have really started to sting for me. I only hope the company can get their act together on future NX orders. It would be nice if we all had similar lead times and were treated with the same priority, rather than having very long-waiting 'outliers' like myself and a few others - which it's long since become clear they don't care about. 

5 minutes ago, Deb said:

The ship my 350h is on is due to dock at Portbury this Saturday at midday 🥳 🎉 

Fingers crossed we should be getting a call from our dealer in the next few weeks🤞 

Great news, Deb! I thought ours would have been on the same boat given we had similar ETAs, but it looks like mine was about a week and a half (ish) ahead. Again, I've no idea what ship it came in on or when it arrived in the UK. I only got to find out it's whereabouts in the world when it actually arrived at the dealer. 🙄 

Indeed, fingers crossed you'll get 'the call' soon. I collect mine on 1st September - so just over a week to go. I genuinely can't wait for this to be all over and done with. It's been (or will be by next week) near enough 16 months of demoralising wait. 

• Like 7

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links