Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Decat to avoid cat theft

wolverine5pl

3 minutes ago, wolverine5pl said:

I have read lots about cat theft for lexus ct200h . I known there are steps you can take to limit risk . But it is possible just to remove cat and put straight pipe? I think it's called decat?

Possible - Yes.

Legal - No.

• Like 2

Just wait until it's stolen, it will save you the removal cost😄

Or get a Lexus Catloc fitted, I have yet to hear of anyone losing a cat with the Lexus one fitted.

Also the new Lexus models no longer contain the valuable metals, so less prone to theft. It also appears that electric car charging cables are now a more attractive option for the thieves, a quick wrench of the boot or cut off while on charge. Less traceable with no smart water on them. I suppose we should admire how quickly thieves adapt to new opportunities. 😉

I never leave anything of value in my car but forgot to lock it on the drive one night. Next morning I found some one had been in there but chuffed that he had been outsmarted by me.

To weeks later we went for a drive down south and then found our travel mints had gone from the door pocket  😂

• Like 1

There was one single example on the Facebook group when someone cut through the catloc. They seem to have a weakspot compared to the regular eBay one. Can't remember where was it.

I don't want to ruin your hopes but a catloc is definitely a step ahead and it will deter 99% of the thieves.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:13 AM, mikedb said:

I think the Catloc is a deterrent not a saviour.  A thief is a thief unfortunately

What a catloc might do is perhaps make the thief look at the next car to yours

It's like the old joke about two men running from a bear.  One stops to put his trainers on while the other tells him they still won't help him outrun a bear. "I know"  he says, "but I only need to outrun you". 🙂

• Like 1

unfortunately yes.

connected to that is if you do get a catloc....whether you advertise the fact by putting the sticker on your window.......again a deterrent to (hopefully) convince a thief that it might be a longer job....and they will move on

NB - I have a catloc and window stickers.....will it help......maybe....maybe not

Also where possible I tend to park facing a wall/garage (or similar) as when mine was stolen the thieves cut the alarm cable through the front......so I try to make that area as inaccessible as I can....

again a deterrent not a saviour

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links