Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tesla

KentColin

33 minutes ago, KentColin said:

Tesla drastically cutting the price of two models indicates to me that they don't really care about their customers. 

Also Tesla related I saw one being loaded onto a recovery truck two days ago.  

Do you remember what year that Tesla was? Cheers

Very much so Colin. I read a similar article and current owners are well miffed as they've lost thousands in their cars. Seems to me he's more into crypto currency than cars.

Tesla has a direct sales model and uses pricing to manage demand. It was obvious that the price rises during the last 12 months would be reversed at some point and the prices are now nearing their norm. 

No large corporate care much that much about their customers. The priority is themselves, shareholders, dealers/partners and then customers. There have been a few people here that aren't impressed with Lexus and their lead times, price rises and finance packages being withdrawn. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, KentColin said:

Tesla drastically cutting the price of two models indicates to me that they don't really care about their customers. 

I think Colin it's a little more intriguing or should I say forward planning? In the USA owners owe $1.5 trillion on cars, that's right 1.5 TRILLION 🤯🤯🤯. Now, on YouTube watch "A warning from an auto finance insider (banks are scared) to get a view on the coming year and you can see why banks and manufacturers are hedging their bets. 

Whereas I can't see how reducing prices is "not caring for customers" I think there was something particularly nasty in case of Tesla, especially in China. I haven't spent too much time trying to research it as generally speaking Tesla is not something that interest me, but apparently they put pressure on customers to put down deposits and order just before cutting the prices. Not sure about laws in China, but in UK/EU that would likely be illegal under TRF (or EU equivalent) e.g. companies are not allowed to cause "foreseeable harm" and putting pressure to buy product at full price knowing it will drop in few days is clearly foreseeable and clearly harm. Again - I have not put much effort researching this topic so what I am saying is mostly generic, but I am sure owners should be able to cancel the orders in such circumstances without losing deposit.

All in all, seems like just massive PR blunder, certainly unusual thing to cut price like that... and where Tesla few years ago could have get away with it, not so much today... it seems they going from favourite brand of everyone to most hated brand.

As for their cars reliability... everyone knows they are trash... we even had resident Tesla owner here who would come to defend it everywhere and he did not see issue having had something like 22 faults in 2 years on Model X.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Can you put up a link to that Phil?

Not quite sure how to do that Vlad. But just type " a warning from an auto finance insider" into YouTube and you will see an episode called "he is shocked" 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I think Colin it's a little more intriguing or should I say forward planning? In the USA owners owe $1.5 trillion on cars, that's right 1.5 TRILLION 🤯🤯🤯. Now, on YouTube watch "A warning from an auto finance insider (banks are scared) to get a view on the coming year and you can see why banks and manufacturers are hedging their bets. 

What are banks scared of, being bailed out by taxpayers again?

I guess they're just gearing up for the regular crash of the finance system, to wipe out people's savings and pensions again, now that they've recovered a bit from rising interest rates and the last crash 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, KentColin said:

That could not have been the one in Sacramento last week that spontaneously caught on fire and the local fire department used SIX THOUSAND gallons of water to extinguish it 🤯🤯🤯.,could it? 🤠

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links