Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC F - Fuel Vent tube recall.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:38 PM, Rob RCF said:

They always seem to have extended wait times for courtesy cars, and even then it's something underwhelming like a UX 250h. I wish they would give me something nice (LC 500?

I had no problem with arranging courtesy car even more impressed I got an RX L 450h to have albeit for a short time.

15 hours ago, Duggie B said:

I had no problem with arranging courtesy car even more impressed I got an RX L 450h to have albeit for a short time.

Must be nice! I think I might need to start using a different dealer. My experiences with Lexus Guildford have been mixed.

25 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Must be nice! I think I might need to start using a different dealer. My experiences with Lexus Guildford have been mixed.

Might be worth checking out Hedge End if convenient. In the three or so years I've been using them I can not fault them, Julie immediately arranged a courtesy car when I booked mine in plus the guy who services my car seems to like the RCF.

• 2 weeks later...

55 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

In today for the recall.

Nice surprise a black LC500 Sport+ as a courtesy car, wasnt booked.

What a bit of kit..... interior is something else.

If only I'd driven one back in December.

I did wonder about this at times, when I had my Boxster the local Porcshe dealer would always give me a decent spec 911 as a courtesy car. I was convinced it was a marketing ploy to sow the seeds in your mind.

12 hours ago, Killysprint said:

In today for the recall.

Nice surprise a black LC500 Sport+ as a courtesy car, wasnt booked.

What a bit of kit..... interior is something else.

If only I'd driven one back in December.

Is it at the Newcastle dealership?  They did mention to me they were receiving an inspiration in Jan as a demo, wonder if that was it??

Yes Newcastle - the LC500 was an approved used car. black with black, on a 68 plate.

lovely thing, in very good condition too.

Little short on headroom was my only complaint. Felt a little quicker than the GSF, was extremely comfortable and drove much better than expected.

9FCAD91E-66BF-468E-9640-A803324E3162.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Killysprint said:

Yes Newcastle - the LC500 was an approved used car. black with black, on a 68 plate.

Little short on headroom was my only complaint. Felt a little quicker than the GSF, was extremely comfortable and drove much better than expected.

That’s interesting, I think saw this one in December and had a sit in it, lovely tan interior. Wouldn’t let me borrow it as it wasn’t taxed at the time.  

Interesting it seemed faster, think the noise and gearbox plays a part in this?

11 hours ago, Killysprint said:

Wow, you're lucky. I'd love to drive one, my local dealer pretty much laughs at the suggestion every time I bring it up. 🤷‍♂️

Must be the different transmission and shorter gearing which makes it feel quicker. The intake and exhaust are different though so there could be differences in the torque curve.

• 3 weeks later...

Had mine done yesterday at Hedge End, was asked to have less than a quarter of a tank of fuel when bringing it in, work done and they filled it to half a tank of petrol.

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Lexus Birmingham have cancelled me twice with less than 24hrs of the appointment (6-8wks booking gap). They blamed Lexus UK for a backlog of RCF specific parts (RC is ok)

It would appear that there is the odd hiccup as mine was cancelled initially. Would it be worth trying another dealership? once is unfortunate, twice is suspect, third time is taking the ****

I booked a late date ie 6th June so they had time to practise on other cars 😆 prior to mine going in plus gives them time to get the parts,,,,

although crapping myself as the new LEXUS service place up my way in Aberdeen is a flipping Honda dealership…. 

Lexus Aberdeen used to be a lexus dealership but shut down ohhh many years ago, think about 18-19yrs ago…. Arnold Clark Toyota then became the service dept for Lexus aberdeen but has now changed to a HONDA dealerships service dept….its either a hours drive down n over to Aberdeen or a 3 1/2hr drive to either Lexus Edinburgh or Glasgow….

Had the family GS 300h FSport service,mot, and recall work carried out today at Sidcup Lexus all without a problem same as when my GSF went into Maidstone Lexus ...seems some dealers are more with it than others !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been chasing Lexus Cardiff for last 4 months with this recall.

Latest update: they don’t know when as no parts in any stock. Estimate date - unavailable. Seems like a joke to me.

When I think about possible car damage or out of warranty repairs and getting parts from Lexus it’s kinda scary. 

Had mine done at Guildford today. Dropped it off first thing and it was ready for collection by 12. No problem getting a courtesy car, no mention of any charge, just handed me the keys.

Had a new RX350h as the loan car. It was decent enough but felt a bit cheap inside for some reason. It didn't feel as premium as I'd expect from a Lexus, wouldn't have been out of place at all if it had a Toyota badge on it.

Felt good to get back into the RCF though

Been waiting 2 months now for a call back as the part was OOS in March at Hatfield.

I always get my car serviced at my indie & the experience with the above won't temp me away from him any time soon.

9 hours ago, Initial P said:

Been waiting 2 months now for a call back as the part was OOS in March at Hatfield.

I always get my car serviced at my indie & the experience with the above won't temp me away from him any time soon.

I’m booked in next Tuesday, haven’t heard anything so far to suggest it’s cancelled.  Expecting them to ring however.

I had to ring and book, not had anyone from Lexus phone me about the recall work.

Mine's booked for Monday. Will be good to get it done, it's been well over 4 months by now.

Anyone know if they disconnect the battery/reset ECU during the work?

11 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I’m booked in next Tuesday, haven’t heard anything so far to suggest it’s cancelled.  Expecting them to ring however.

I had to ring and book, not had anyone from Lexus phone me about the recall work.

Did you not get a recall letter from Lexus ?

I received two separate letters for each of our cars.

12 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I did ring & was told the part was oos & they would call when it was back in.

I also had a letter in the post.

I guess the Takumi craftsman are all on holiday.

2 hours ago, Initial P said:

I did ring & was told the part was oos & they would call when it was back in.

I also had a letter in the post.

I guess the Takumi craftsman are all on holiday.

Yes, got a letter stating that my local dealer would be in touch.  Not a biggie as they mentioned it December during my service that the recall was coming.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links