Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

How does everyone get on against just hybrid performance (zero traction available) over a reasonable distance? (Hybrid from start) 

8 hours ago, AkioT said:

Creeping towards 65, not sure if it’ll make it (before temps drop away) but it’ll be close.. 

IMG_0111.png

Amazing and well ahead of everyone reporting here. 

• Like 1

Ken, Pete....surely you both must live at he top of a large hill and get a lift back home on a flat bed trailer 😉

Are these figures exceptions rather than the norm ?

After approx 8000 miles this year since pick up, I am reading 3.3 mLs/Kw and average full charge is 53/55 of which I get 50 miles attained. Mostly rural and never exceed 70 mph ; use ACC and watch both braking and acceleration. Two people aboard, no dogs and constantly have Audi, BMW up my a*** !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

David, achieving 50 from a predicted 53 is pretty good! I'm also showing 3.3mls/kWh and have now covered just over 14000 from new.

My best on EV power was a round trip of 51 miles which included motorway and city driving.

Getting 50 from a 53 in rural is excellent..  and equally harder to achieve than tye types of journeys I do. 

for me it’s a bit more straight forward. 
I’m easy on the throttle for a start and take advantage of hills and breaking gently and aim to regen through coasting and dipping off whenever I can. I’ve had quite a few Toyota/Lexus hybrids so driving this to achieve decent economy isn’t really any different, pretty much the same approach and style when driving in EV. 

Best ever on EV only in this NX was from one of my regular Epsom-Midlands return journey (do this weekly, M25 Junc 9 - Junc 16) From set off I got all the way past Oxford services on the M40 before the EV dropped out, That was literally 62 miles.
For me, on motorways, adaptive cruise is the best option and set to 64 when on EV only, then to 68ish when on HV.
Yes I’m taking it easy but it’s just so much less hassle these days. Do this journey every week in peak traffic so tend to keep out of the way..  (nutter avoidance tactics and dozens of cameras) These EV journeys are full To empty though and more to the point over a very steady pace. 
I’m in at 8.2k now, 3.8miles/kWh. 97mpg to date and indicating that over 61% of the miles have been in EV. Reckon that’s about right. EV’s can be taught, and a PHEV is no exception.

But…. Reality? There’s an always an Audi/BMW swaying from side to side behind me and invariably a Tesla filling my rear view mirror… 

Don’t really care any more though tbh, 150+ miles equals 3 to 3.5hrs regardless of when I set off or how I drive, or how fast.. so steady and chilled for me 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Todays figures are 47.0 and 46.1 

the “normal” incremental increase on normal drive, but 1st time the ac range has not moved at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today's guess is the highest non a/c figure yet and the a/c has moved back up. It's 58.8/57.7

I think this is because over the weekend and today I've done more journeys where the speed has been constant for longer?

Anyway, my last actual was 52 miles achieved so I'm please with that.

I'll see what the next few days brings with short stop/start journeys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ken R said:

Today's charge and yet another new predicted high of 55.7/54. With temperatures decreasing I expect that this may be the best for this year.

Mine's pushing a bit higher too, Ken.

58.9/57.7 and I achieved 53 on the last charge.

Things are looking up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 7:34 PM, Alan Thompson said:

Mine's pushing a bit higher too, Ken.

58.9/57.7 and I achieved 53 on the last charge.

Things are looking up!

And from this I achieved around 42 although this is an estimate because Lexus Link hasn't recorded any trips since yesterday lunchtime!!

Tonight's guess is 58.8/57.7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This may be their migration to LexusLink+ the new version of the App? I moved over as part of a general update and it’s not capturing all trips and also now only reports the rolling month rather than all data (trips etc, performance) a bit annoying tbh. I guess it’ll improve though hopefully 

• Like 2

Lexus Energy Consumption 

I’m confused - I have an April ‘22 NX 450h+ Takumi and yesterday I went for a trip of just over 100 miles and when I got back the EV range was 0 i.e. the Battery was down to its minimum. I charged it up fully with my EV Hive charger, as supplied as part of the car purchase. The EV range indicated on my Lexus app. was 51.7 miles or 50.1 miles with A/C. The charge value, as indicated by the Hive app., was 13.9 kWh. The predicted range of about 50 miles has been experienced many, many times over the past 18 months - at least 45 miles on a regular basis. 

The miles per kWh display on the dashboard  has been 2.6 for at least 6 months but when I divide 50 by 13.9 I get 3.6 miles/kWh! Even if I divide 45 by 13.9 I get 3.2 miles/kWh.  I can only get to 2.6 if I assume 18.1 kWh (the total battery capacity) for 47 miles. The Battery is never fully drained so I can only assume there is something that I’ve missed.

Can someone please help me find a flaw in my calculations. 

Many thanks

Brian Wiseman

3 hours ago, Brian Wiseman said:

Lexus Energy Consumption 

I’m confused - I have an April ‘22 NX 450h+ Takumi and yesterday I went for a trip of just over 100 miles and when I got back the EV range was 0 i.e. the battery was down to its minimum. I charged it up fully with my EV Hive charger, as supplied as part of the car purchase. The EV range indicated on my Lexus app. was 51.7 miles or 50.1 miles with A/C. The charge value, as indicated by the Hive app., was 13.9 kWh. The predicted range of about 50 miles has been experienced many, many times over the past 18 months - at least 45 miles on a regular basis. 

The miles per kWh display on the dashboard  has been 2.6 for at least 6 months but when I divide 50 by 13.9 I get 3.6 miles/kWh! Even if I divide 45 by 13.9 I get 3.2 miles/kWh.  I can only get to 2.6 if I assume 18.1 kWh (the total battery capacity) for 47 miles. The battery is never fully drained so I can only assume there is something that I’ve missed.

Can someone please help me find a flaw in my calculations. 

Many thanks

Brian Wiseman

You would need to reset the overall miles/khr on your dash or just observe the individual trip miles/kWh to see a current figure. 

• Like 1

And it just keeps getting better......, Tonight's charge showing a predicted 56/54.3. Mileage now at 14400 after 17 months of ownership. Only been to a petrol station 16 times!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well after the issue with the new app only giving an error message when trying to get the range figures for a few days, it has started working again and I finally got in and the figures were 

47.2 and 46.3.   Both slightly up again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links