Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

On 1/10/2024 at 8:56 AM, Alan Thompson said:

48.2/42 last night. ICE kicked in at 28 miles yesterday with a range of 3 remaining.

Up 0.1 across both figures today 48.3/42.1

ICE kicked in at 28.3 miles, with 2 miles EV range showing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Latest overnight charge and the "with aircon" prediction has slipped below 40 for the first time this winter with an indicated 47.1/39.6.

• Thanks 2

The EV range is the same as last couple of chargers at 47.5, but with A/C the range is dropping off a bit and down to 41.3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another reduction to report but not surprising as overnight temperatures plunged to around minus 6. Prediction of 46.7/38.8. Actual yesterday was 27.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Last nights 45.2/40.2 with yesterday’s actual a miserly 28, although 90% of that would have been on dual carriageway sat at around 60mph with a few roundabouts to negotiate 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Signs that the prediction may be levelling off with an overnight indication of 46.2/38.4. Actual remains c27.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Figures improved after overnight charge with a predicted 46.6/39.1.

Actual yesterday was 36 against the predicted 38.4 probably thanks to milder temperatures of c8 degrees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47.8/43.1

Decrease marginal. What’s the best way to measure actual? Just set one of the trips? Even in EV mode the ICE cuts in early on for a bit sometimes, I’m guessing until things warm up. Is there a more accurate way to measure actual?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Junior said:

47.8/43.1

Decrease marginal. What’s the best way to measure actual? Just set one of the trips? Even in EV mode the ICE cuts in early on for a bit sometimes, I’m guessing until things warm up. Is there a more accurate way to measure actual?

John....I believe m/kwh is the best way of measuring efficiency. Whilst it doesn't directly give you actual miles, we know that a full traction Battery has roughly 13kwh of usable power. So multiplying trip m/kWh by 13 gives a good indication of actual miles.

The range of the NX from Lexus is in excess of 40 miles, plus all the usual caveats of how it's driven, conditions etc. Various independent reviews have backed that up, some getting a lot more than that in favourable conditions. Before this current milder spell I was getting about 2.7 m/kWh though last night on a 10 mile return trip I saw 3.3 m/kWh which shows how variable it is depending on conditions. 2.7 m/kWh is roughly 35 miles and 3.3 about 43 miles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

John....I believe m/kwh is the best way of measuring efficiency. Whilst it doesn't directly give you actual miles, we know that a full traction battery has roughly 13kwh of usable power. So multiplying trip m/kWh by 13 gives a good indication of actual miles.

Totally agree ; cannot see any reason in taking notice of milage figures quoted on app or car after charging, be it winter or summer.

As you say it is the many caveats [and in particular the weather] that determine the actual milage. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hayzee said:

John....I believe m/kwh is the best way of measuring efficiency. Whilst it doesn't directly give you actual miles, we know that a full traction battery has roughly 13kwh of usable power. So multiplying trip m/kWh by 13 gives a good indication of actual miles.

The range of the NX from Lexus is in excess of 40 miles, plus all the usual caveats of how it's driven, conditions etc. Various independent reviews have backed that up, some getting a lot more than that in favourable conditions. Before this current milder spell I was getting about 2.7 m/kWh though last night on a 10 mile return trip I saw 3.3 m/kWh which shows how variable it is depending on conditions. 2.7 m/kWh is roughly 35 miles and 3.3 about 43 miles.

Thanks Colin, really useful. That makes total sense and I will include this actual in future reports. I noticed that my m/kWh figure doesn’t appear to move a great deal, though has moved from a maximum of 3.2 downwards. At new in June it built up gradually from 2.7 over the rest of summer to a 3.2 max before starting to decrease at autumn/winter onset. I’ll pay more attention to this going forward. Thanks again. John. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mobeam said:

Totally agree ; cannot see any reason in taking notice of milage figures quoted on app or car after charging, be it winter or summer.

As you say it is the many caveats [and in particular the weather] that determine the actual milage. 

The light has dawned! Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trend is definitely improving, albeit at 0.1 miles at a time! Latest for me is 45.9/42.0

Oddly, for the last 3 trips, the ICE has cut in even though the dash display and app are showing approx 2 miles of EV range remaining. That range would have got me safely home so it's annoying that the ICE has cut in because there hasn't been time for it to reach operating temperature before I park up. Anybody else experienced anything similar?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excuse me crossing over from the RX forum, but with the same engine I have experienced the same circumstances of there being sufficient EV mileage remaining but the ICE cutting in. I’ve assumed that this is due to the non-drive Battery requiring some charge via the alternator. I’ve seen in the manual that this may happen, so I think it’s okay 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

Trend is definitely improving, albeit at 0.1 miles at a time! Latest for me is 45.9/42.0

Oddly, for the last 3 trips, the ICE has cut in even though the dash display and app are showing approx 2 miles of EV range remaining. That range would have got me safely home so it's annoying that the ICE has cut in because there hasn't been time for it to reach operating temperature before I park up. Anybody else experienced anything similar?

Yes. I have noticed that the ICE kicks in with 3 miles of EV indicated. I put it down to the low temperatures of late. Charges still indicating c47 miles or 40 with aircon but actual is nearer 30. Roll on spring!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Yes. I have noticed that the ICE kicks in with 3 miles of EV indicated. I put it down to the low temperatures of late. Charges still indicating c47 miles or 40 with aircon but actual is nearer 30. Roll on spring!

Ken....I've been very pleased to see 40+ actual miles on a full charge in the last couple of weeks of milder weather. Achieved on shortish urban trips of 5-10 miles at speeds only up to 45MPH.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links