Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All older IS mk2 I have seen have similar problem. Heat cycling and regular cleaning just rips them off. I guess you can try gluing them back. Kind of depends on the taste, without maybe too much chrome in my opinion. Other people as well rip them off and paint the chrome black (aka chrome delete). 

P.S. seems like your car was painted as there is obvious orange peel/overspray on rear door. I assume front door painted as it seems too flat (over-polished). 

Blimey Phil I tried that after that plasticy trim peeled off 3/4 of the way.  Thing is tho I can't get the other 1/4 off as its stuck down like #hit to a blanket. 

I prefer the look without that trim. Just the right amount of chrome. 

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey Phil I tried that after that plasticy trim peeled off 3/4 of the way.  Thing is tho I can't get the other 1/4 off as its stuck down like #hit to a blanket. 

I prefer the look without that trim. Just the right amount of chrome. 

Was it plastidipped? 

Hi Linas. No. The lower window trims that Markey is on about are standard on my car. The front passenger side one got 'unglued' by whatever means and bugged me so I simply got a sharp blade and cut along near the glass and pulled it off but 1/4 of it wouldn't budge. Typical high quality Lexus stuff.

15 hours ago, Vintagesixtysix said:

Mine did exactly the same…

I got a new Stanley blade and a steel ruler and trimmed back all four.

They've not peeled back any further after four years plus.

trimmed back as in removed it all or just the loose bit?

I only trimmed back the loose piece along the whole length of each window. I didn’t attempt a full delete.

I guess mine might have been in a more advanced state…. I don’t remember having a major issue with it.

But as Mr V describes I didn’t go for the lot…. and as I mentioned in my previous post no more peeling since.

It was just to tidy up as looked poor and sick of it catching when being washed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links