Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnavishop details

I've ordered an updated card for my is300h Premium from Satnavishop. Had a text message from   h t t p s://postageuk.com  saying they had tried to deliver but no-one home. There was no card left and that site (without the spaces) doesn't appear to be a 'proper' site so i can't rearrange delivery. Order says delivery by Royal Mail 1st class post. I've emailed Satnavishop but so far no reply. Does anyone have a contact telephone number for them please?

Thanks

ian

25 minutes ago, lex3 said:

I've ordered an updated card for my is300h Premium from Satnavishop. Had a text message from   h t t p s://postageuk.com  saying they had tried to deliver but no-one home. There was no card left and that site (without the spaces) doesn't appear to be a 'proper' site so i can't rearrange delivery. Order says delivery by Royal Mail 1st class post. I've emailed Satnavishop but so far no reply. Does anyone have a contact telephone number for them please?

Thanks

ian

Dude looks like a scam to me. Why is it called postage uk. Com when its showing royal mail interface. Also if i put in my postcode it says they have my parcel. But i didn't order anything. Also they didn't even ask for my house number so how did they figure I ordered something from my postcode? Im not sure about the site you ordered from but you certainly havent missed delivery that whole postage. Com message is a scam. 

• Like 3

I recently ordered the 2022/2023 navi update for my IS300h from Satnavishop. I chose the download and extracted the download to my own USB stick. I had no problems with the download and the update was successful. Since I had some questions, I emailed the guy and he usually replied within hours.

Did you order from the right site (it is: https://www.satnavishop.co.uk)? And did he ask you to email a photo of your navigation settings screen when you placed the order (because they need to know your map ID)?

5 hours ago, Notamech said:

Dude looks like a scam to me. Why is it called postage uk. Com when its showing royal mail interface. Also if i put in my postcode it says they have my parcel. But i didn't order anything. Also they didn't even ask for my house number so how did they figure I ordered something from my postcode? Im not sure about the site you ordered from but you certainly havent missed delivery that whole postage. Com message is a scam. 

Sounds like this. That website is totally fake, it still has a Christmas page and most buttons do not work. There have been websites mimicking Royal Mail to fish for details by mass texting. This one starts by asking for your post code, then tries to get you to pay for a redelivery fee which Royal Mail never ask for. Obviously get you to put in your card details and you can guess what happens next..

I do not believe Royal Mail send texts for deliveries? They do leave the cards.

Seems like this isn't related to the order you recently placed.

59 minutes ago, John Nooij said:

Like I told you, it's not a scam.  I ordered my map update some weeks ago and received the new map (as a download in my case), and - as I wrote - the support I requested. 

It's the postageuk site that's a scam, not satnavishop. Like you, I have also received excellent service from satnavishop.

13 hours ago, John Nooij said:

I recently ordered the 2022/2023 navi update for my IS300h from Satnavishop. I chose the download and extracted the download to my own USB stick. I had no problems with the download and the update was successful. Since I had some questions, I emailed the guy and he usually replied within hours.

Did you order from the right site (it is: https://www.satnavishop.co.uk)? And did he ask you to email a photo of your navigation settings screen when you placed the order (because they need to know your map ID)?

Like I told you, it's not a scam.  I ordered my map update some weeks ago and received the new map (as a download in my case), and - as I wrote - the support I requested. 

Just received a mail from David - SatNaviShop: info@satnavishop.co.uk

Hi,

We only ship the update on SD card

Regards

David

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Just received a mail from David - SatNaviShop: info@satnavishop.co.uk

Hi,

We only ship the update on SD card

Regards

David

Yes, that is for the Premium Navi.  I have the non-Premium Navi. That one is shipped on usb stick, or you can choose to download it from the provided link and create your own usb stick (which I did).

23 hours ago, lex3 said:

Thanks

ian

Thanks for all the messages. Please be aware of txt about unable to deliver from  h t t p s ://postageuk.co.uk - it is a scam. My concern was NOT with Satnavishop. I have now received my order from them by RoyalMail 1st Class Post, inserted the new card, sat and waited for system upload, new maps all set-up! First Class service from Satnavishop!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, glad you have received your order and did not get your details stolen because of that text. I know people who have had an identical text message last year and had to cancel their cards as they thought it was genuine Royal Mail and entered their details.

It is very straightforward, unless there are Royal Mail delays, but no funky business with unable to deliver messages, that's what I meant above, sorry to sound misleading.

Is it worth updating every year? how often do you guys update ?

Mine still had a map version from 2018, so it was about time for an update. I've been waiting for the 2023 version, which was released a few weeks ago. I first inquired at the dealer whether this was a free update (since my car is not yet three years old), but it was not. They needed the car on location (one hour drive for me) and they would charge me 190 euros. So I took the plunge and tried Satnavshop, for less than a third of that amount. And as one wrote: the update succeeded.

I still wonder how Satnavshop can sell this update for such a lower price than the Lexus dealer.

2 hours ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

It is very straightforward, unless there are Royal Mail delays, but no funky business with unable to deliver messages, that's what I meant above, sorry to sound misleading.

Is it worth updating every year? how often do you guys update ?

Mine's still the original Lexus maps (car is 2014 model). TBH I use my phone with Google Maps most of the time now (I have a phone holder that goes into the CD slot in the dash) and only occasionally use the Lexus Sat Nav if for example there is no/poor phone signal when I try and put a route into Google Maps so I can get in my way until I get a better phone signal. I could download the Google Maps to the phone for offline use but that takes some pre-planning and the Lexus nav, even if a bit outdated, gets me on my way in those circumstances so don't see much incentive to upgrade. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Nooij said:

Mine still had a map version from 2018, so it was about time for an update. I've been waiting for the 2023 version, which was released a few weeks ago. I first inquired at the dealer whether this was a free update (since my car is not yet three years old), but it was not. They needed the car on location (one hour drive for me) and they would charge me 190 euros. So I took the plunge and tried Satnavshop, for less than a third of that amount. And as one wrote: the update succeeded.

I still wonder how Satnavshop can sell this update for such a lower price than the Lexus dealer.

That is the price since the last several years:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/266098883240?hash=item3df4babaa8:g:glUAAOSwi-5jzy4y&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8CyCEbEZ2OqcHwSUQk7v%2FGq1UdQjLFgzMRouB52Q3AWzhN6GtoaT%2B%2BGfp712P8YyMUJ%2FtyGz7SkSnUuP54JY%2BZJ3m6CTiPXq4p2j0BNzG81q0nT67yp3%2Fl3p%2BX0A4fNba5g%2F1%2FGzM9Li1dPiY2Ct8WlMDzllr1QOpORvo1Iow9NAfeTfr7KDTu2vOqY3IM6gI4QUfDFl%2Bgf4H0XFXIUM4xMYFWM9C3vtsWTKr0YqE9HEjsOtDMJnve0ivvm%2FF%2F7UUobMfuEyKn3uxejkO2cecaf7ZWSbwwaNIrKaSskK1joyoVVstlMlxMKcYfPrIMRreQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABFBM_puP7tZh

Only Lexus have a nice good looking garage and hopefully well paid personnel that they need to get working.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/364156424815?hash=item54c96a126f:g:kXUAAOSwdH1jz3ar&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8IvaJLHIoG993iFomtUMJ%2FGDQanMDw5gwTt52l7MPSQ0tazpfX0RVgZw2hZjn8MIpOiBXLiNRg6%2B%2FNH9lbrwLG7aVWofSJTaz1k%2Fh6ngksNsP2aM3D64ugxiJ3gvGbHzKU2lAwHZY2kWs5SCsTqLMw4yX2VUzZuEMr0DprHbeWaqyp6fQ770e4kK8RQ8KkGCFBsQXaait3u45CEtKZmPL1%2B1cZ67bU44rvFrqSZcD08VP%2Bq%2Bs8DL0xrzr5omb%2FvENjTPNMI1CUz9yy7Z3ZU9ALvx%2B2l%2BEGHCk2clcfiCR0L5dR0BAnJogEKZszEhk%2FEtXg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8Sbpu7WYQ

I still find it strange that you have to pay for the map update of a built-in navigation. Before I had my Lexus I had several Volvo's with built-in navigation, for which I could download a FREE map update every year.

2 hours ago, John Nooij said:

I still find it strange that you have to pay for the map update of a built-in navigation. Before I had my Lexus I had several Volvo's with built-in navigation, for which I could download a FREE map update every year.

I guess those "free" espressos and cookies at the Lexus dealerships work out very expensive in the end....

Has anyone that has had theirs updated noticed a difference in the actual look of the maps? Do they look more modern? Or exactly the same but with new roads on lol. I think my 2014 car has never been updated. It is the premium nav with the mouse pad. 

In my case it's a map update and a minor software update.  Don't know what exactly is updated in the software.

The map looks the same to me, so I guess it's mainly an update with new roads.

• 7 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 2:43 AM, John Nooij said:

Did you order from the right site (it is mapquest: https://www.satnavishop.co.uk)? And did he ask you to email a photo of your navigation settings screen when you placed the order (because they need to know your map ID)?

I have no problem with the price but when I go onto the customer portal it asks me for my country , well the problem is I live in the uae and there isn't an option for that and when I press a random country and when I enter my Lexus number it dosent work

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 1:13 AM, John Nooij said:

Did you order from the right site (it is: https://ehallpass.pro/)? And did he ask you to email a photo of your navigation settings screen when you placed the order (because they need to know your map ID)?

That's great to hear about your positive experience with Satnavishop for the 2022/2023 Navi update on your IS300h! It's always reassuring when a purchase and update process go smoothly.

I haven't ordered from there yet, but your feedback is encouraging. Thanks for sharing the link EHallPass – it's good to know the right site for the updates. And the proactive step of asking for a photo of the navigation settings screen seems like a thorough way to ensure accurate map ID information.

I might consider them for my own update. Appreciate you sharing your experience! 🚗🗺️

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links