Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

online configurator

i'm thinking of changing my UX for the new model FSPORT design but i have noticed something with the online configurator that i don't understand, and i know someone on here can explain it to me. so here goes.

the price for a standard UX FSPORT design is shown on there as being £36,950 which includes either red or black solid paint.

now i want azure blue which is shown as being an extra £920 which gives a total of £37,870.

my question is that in the original price with the original paint there must be a cost included in painting it that colour which is included in the price of £36.950 surely. as i have chosen a different colour there should be a reduction in the original price before the £920 is added on or are they saying the cost of painting it blue is more than £920 upto the price of painting it the standard price ? sort of upto £1.500 - £2,000.

hope i've explained that ok.

6 minutes ago, para999 said:

i'm thinking of changing my UX for the new model FSPORT design but i have noticed something with the online configurator that i don't understand, and i know someone on here can explain it to me. so here goes.

the price for a standard UX FSPORT design is shown on there as being £36,950 which includes either red or black solid paint.

now i want azure blue which is shown as being an extra £920 which gives a total of £37,870.

my question is that in the original price with the original paint there must be a cost included in painting it that colour which is included in the price of £36.950 surely. as i have chosen a different colour there should be a reduction in the original price before the £920 is added on or are they saying the cost of painting it blue is more than £920 upto the price of painting it the standard price ? sort of upto £1.500 - £2,000.

hope i've explained that ok.

The price of choosing Azure Blue as a colour is £920 extra. You do not have to make this choice.

All car makers do this. 

15 minutes ago, Moleman said:

The price of choosing Azure Blue as a colour is £920 extra. You do not have to make this choice.

All car makers do this. 

that is not my point.

the price is originally including either of the 2 solid colours i am paying extra for the colour i want i dont want the colour already paid for in the price so in effect i'm paying for a paint finish i dont want.

20 minutes ago, para999 said:

that is not my point.

the price is originally including either of the 2 solid colours i am paying extra for the colour i want i dont want the colour already paid for in the price so in effect i'm paying for a paint finish i dont want.

That is the point.

That is their pricing structure. The basic price includes the two colours stated, they offer options to these at an extra cost, in your case they price the extra option of painting in Azure Blue as £920.

You are free to go elsewhere, and find the same issue.

Are you being serious? 

5 minutes ago, scudney said:

Basically it's £920 on top of whatever the price is(not a subtraction then an addition)

This is surely the point!

Like most car makers running a production line, it is set up to cater for the most popular colours and combinations.

If you choose an option outside of that, then it requires a modification to that process that takes it out of the standard setup and therefor incurs additional time and labour.

There’s also the consideration that some special finishes may require additional treatments.

A good dealer would give you the paint for free under normal circumstances as a discount. Under the circumstances today however with long wait times for delivery that discount won't likely apply. 

Just make sure that when you visit the dealer, he or she knows that you're then going off to look at the BMW and Audi range of cars and will call back later 

this can work for a small discount if the dealer knows you are serious about the car 

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

That is the point.

That is their pricing structure. The basic price includes the two colours stated, they offer options to these at an extra cost, in your case they price the extra option of painting in Azure Blue as £920.

Are you being serious? 

you have got my point about the price including the solid colour and also the fact you have to pay extra for the paint i want but for some reason you seem to be missing my last point. so what you are saying its fine to pay for something you havn't got ?i.e the solid colour which is included in the original price. if there was some discount off the original price to allow for the fact you aren't getting something you paid for then fine. you are paying for a paint finish you don't want on top of the extra for the paint you do want. would you pay for someone to respray your car in a colour you don't want and then pay again to have it painted in a colour you do want.

i have an appointment with the dealership later today i will be asking the same question to them.

i had a situation with another brand of high end car and complained about it and things were put right which included reverting back to pre recall. people had the same attitude as you but it ended up with a recall by the manufacturer to other people who owned the same vehicle to reverse the recall. so the motto is if you dont ask you dont get.

i am being perfectly serious and i didnt ask for your sarcasm !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, para999 said:

or are they saying the cost of painting it blue is more than £920 upto the price of painting it the standard price ? sort of upto £1.500 - £2,000.

Yes. Azure Blue is a 5 stage sonic colour that costs a lot more in paint and time compared to a solid colour. If you make the assumption that a solid colour is costing £580 then Azure Blue is £1,500.

£920 is the additional price for an optional paint finish, the actual extra cost of this is only known by Lexus.

But pretty much all manufacturer's adopt this model and virtually all reviews say metallic paint is the one option to go for as a future selling point.

Im on the process of getting either the base unit with the premium plus pack or the f sport design with both with solid paint black just to save a bit. So if its solid paint resell value is lower than the metallic paint?thats whats the GFV is for isnt it?

but what actually is the difference with the f sport design and the base unit with premium plus pack? 

Then another issue is the long waiting delivery time. In which every manufacturer have issue at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, nivlem said:

but what actually is the difference with the f sport design and the base unit with premium plus pack?

F Sport Design has external styling differences, but the base model with premium plus would have a better audio system, keyless entry, wireless charge pad, a more adjustable driver's seat and entry illumination.

F sport are just external styling and doesnt include the variable driving suspension isnt it?

not much difference then but would probably go for the base model with premium pack. 

5 hours ago, Moleman said:

That is the point.

Are you being serious? 

you talked about " my world" well i've just been to the dealership and got well over £3,000 off a factory order, not on pcp either, so is "my world" that bad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, para999 said:

you talked about " my world" well i've just been to the dealership and got well over £3,000 off a factory order, not on pcp either, so is "my world" that bad.

Good for you!

Does that make you feel better?

58 minutes ago, nivlem said:

F sport are just external styling and doesnt include the variable driving suspension isnt it?

not much difference then but would probably go for the base model with premium pack. 

my choice was the same as yours but after visiting the dealership i've decided the FSPORT Design is the best option for me. might i suggest you try and have another think about the solid paint as i was shown a car that was only 2 years old in that finish and it was not in a good condition.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links