Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Germany and Italy blocks ICEV bans for 2035

Linas.P

12 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Hydrogen cars are way way off.. converting existing combustion engine cars to hydrogen is a long shot, if the cars have vvt or such as many modern cars do forget about it the ECU and timing and everything else won't know what is happening with the new fuel.

1.thumb.png.df4d847f4c6137f29cfcbbd66c503a11.png

Some say impossible. Toyota has done it.

Most cars that can run on natural gas can use hydrogen as fuel. That is not just a few.

4 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

1.thumb.png.df4d847f4c6137f29cfcbbd66c503a11.png

Some say impossible. Toyota has done it.

Most cars that can run on natural gas can use hydrogen as fuel. That is not just a few.

Ok so let's hear your review on the hydrogen Toyota..

When are you buying it?

7 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Offshore-green-hydrogen-An-offshore-wind-farm-in-the-Netherlands.thumb.jpg.ed1aac0dac1fafc82e29c617b0504e9a.jpg

Massive 500 MW offshore green hydrogen project finds home in the Netherlands

Mar By ERIN KILGORE               https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/author/erin-2-2-2/

The Dutch government has chosen a site to build the world’s largest offshore wind-to-H2 project.

The area that has been chosen is Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden, which will become home to the largest offshore green hydrogen production and transport project powered by wind turbines.

Offshore-green-hydrogen-pipeline-ocean.thumb.jpg.967b2c711ca53946feeca9328c9b69fc.jpg

The area was already planned for renewable electricity production.

Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden (the North of the Wadden Islands) was previously identified as a suitable region for offshore wind development and the production of electricity was already planned. It is one of the areas that the government of the Netherlands identified in 2022 for new offshore wind farms that could bring as much as 13.4 GW of combined capacity across nine sites.

Recently, the Dutch government announced that the area was ideal for large-scale offshore green hydrogen production, to provide 500 MW of electrolysis capacity and to transport hydrogen to land. The area’s suitability is not only due to its offshore wind farm, but an existing natural gas pipeline close to the site could be reused for green H2 transport to land, with the potential to properly connect to the onshore hydrogen network

The Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden wind farm is located 56 km (34.7 miles) off the coast of the Netherlands, to the north of Groningen.

Operational from 2031 and producing green hydro for the industry and heavy transport not for cars.

BTW the Spanish and Portuguese plants together are a mere drop in the ocean for energy demand. Hydro for sure is not the new oil.

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Just buy a Maybach and a V8 is for children. V12 is the right way.

For normal people who just need to get from one place to another a V8 is just as not really needed.

Its not whats needed its what you want. Normal people can all buy a Lada brings you from A to B ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Its not whats needed its what you want. Normal people can all buy a Lada brings you from A to B ?

Or a vauxhall corsa, mucho less expensive than a electric car costing 50k and greener for the planet to boot

A Maserati 4200 Spyder is a great way to be ULEZ compliant mind - its 430g/km of net zero obileration is a good middle finger gesture to the powers that be

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Ok so let's hear your review on the hydrogen Toyota..

When are you buying it?

Stupid question. Well, what is to expect?

Very important: wife like driving the CT, we have only room for one car in the garage. What makes the question really stupid is that we all know filling stations are not yet here. When they come, I might be able to persuade my wife to change to a hydrogen car.

16 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Stupid question. Well, what is to expect?

Very important: wife like driving the CT, we have only room for one car in the garage. What makes the question really stupid is that we all know filling stations are not yet here. When they come, I might be able to persuade my wife to change to a hydrogen car.

Its not a stupid question - you said they are here , as an Engineer myself I have seen all these reports countless of times - I wont be holding my breath  - the best thing is forget about them because they arent happening anytime soon and talking about them is futile

1 minute ago, toffee_pie said:

Its not a stupid question - you said they are here , as an Engineer myself I have seen all these reports countless of times - I wont be holding my breath for a hydrogen car anytime soon - the best thing is forget about them because they arent happening anytime soon and talking about them is futile

If you want or not want is of no interest to me. You can forget whatever you want to forget and continue your stupid conspiracy theories about everything.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

If you want or not want is of no interest to me. You can forget whatever you want to forget and continue your stupid conspiracy theories about everything.

Well everything is a conspiracy isnt it - You and LenT - anything that goes against the narrative is by default a conspiracy and this is aligning perfectly with the censorship we are seeing - I said it last year, you lot will never have a second opinion on anything and listen to everything you are told so lets stop wasting each others time on the matter? resistance... is futile

Government pre-approval of all information shared online, via social media, and on TV. Dissenting views all eliminated.

You think Electric Cars are eco friendly - duh!

Hydrogen cars probably will happen but not any time soon so its a wast of time even talking about them right now

Germany and Italy blocks ICEV bans for 2035

This is simply the header for this Post 

It's done, normal service will resume ...........  we can all go buy our V8s petrol head cars in 2035 ✌️

No need to worry about hydrogen power, nor EV power either .  irrelevance or not ...  PETROL is here to stay ( albeit E- focussed petrol, whatever that might be by 2035 ! )

If I can't run my Ls400 at that time I shan't worry too much about it ......  there'll be some sooper duper V8 alternatives for me to invest in for my future .......... even tho' I'll just be 85 then !

BUT my Ls400 will be 40 years young and MOT and  ULEZ Exempt I believe 🤩

Malc

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

what milage on it?

just nigh 245k miles now but will be possibly 365k by 2035 ..........   next cambelt and waterump change due about 305 k miles 😉

Malc

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

just nigh 245k miles now but will be possibly 365k by 2035 ..........   next cambelt and waterump change due about 305 k miles 😉

Malc

I take it you do all the service on this yourself? these engines in Japan are precison things and rarely go wrong - unlike modern ones - you can tell they were designed by Engineers and not bean counters

never have done .  when i bought her in 2011 she had Full Lexus Service History and ne'er seen a Main Dealer since

My indy looked after her well and now he's " retired " I've found an alternative that's just learning the ropes with the Ls400 ...  mine  ... so let's hope and pray we get to old age together eh !

Malc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

The problem is this conspiracy nonsense - you cant say anything but agree to everything - right lenT and Las Palmas

You can say whatever you like when you like it as you have freedom of speech and live in a democratic country. Just dont expect everybody to agree with you.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

You can say whatever you like when you like it as you have freedom of speech and live in a democratic country. Just dont expect everybody to agree with you.

Democratic 😂

The irony is killing me - give me a few moments while I get a strong beer

4 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Its not a stupid question - you said they are here , as an Engineer myself I have seen all these reports countless of times - I wont be holding my breath  - the best thing is forget about them because they arent happening anytime soon and talking about them is futile

I guess we should forget about ULEZ and congestion charging, EVs, lithium batteries, 20mph speed limits, net zero, and Covid vaccinations then, as they aren't going away anytime soon, and so talking about them is futile 😉

We cant can we - when this is happening - and if you remove goggles you will see this conspiracy stuff is actually just what the UN set out in that Rio Summit - but blinkered people just use that old chestnut conspiracy

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11885237/Forget-LTNs-London-council-installs-anti-car-measure-wavy-kerbs-hard-cars-pass.html

3 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

I guess we should forget about ULEZ and congestion charging, EVs, lithium batteries, 20mph speed limits, net zero, and Covid vaccinations then, as they aren't going away anytime soon, and so talking about them is futile 😉

Until there are riots I guess...😐 

you look like another 'bot'

15 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

We cant can we - when this is happening - and if you remove goggles you will see this conspiracy stuff is actually just what the UN set out in that Rio Summit - but blinkered people just use that old chestnut conspiracy

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11885237/Forget-LTNs-London-council-installs-anti-car-measure-wavy-kerbs-hard-cars-pass.html

I just read that article.  The upshot is that a residential street is being shut to traffic for an hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon.

For the record, it was originally planned to be shut 24/7, but was reduced to an hour and three quarters following consultation with residents and local businesses. Doesn't sound like the kind of Rio based Illuminati conspiracy to me, and just typical local government activity. Similar LTN trials were carried out on roads I've used in the past, some of which were removed after the trial period.

Given that thisismoney is owned by the Daily Mail, the alarmist outrage against Islington council is hardly surprising.

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

I just read that article.  The upshot is that a residential street is being shut to traffic for an hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon.

For the record, it was originally planned to be shut 24/7, but was reduced to an hour and three quarters following consultation with residents and local businesses. Doesn't sound like the kind of Rio based Illuminati conspiracy to me, and just typical local government activity. Similar LTN trials were carried out on roads I've used in the past, some of which were removed after the trial period.

Given that thisismoney is owned by the Daily Mail, the alarmist outrage against Islington council is hardly surprising.

Well you LenT and the rest will probably say regarding 15 minute commutes that

"well I walk 15 minutes to work anyway so..."

The thing is I doubt that is actually the case but its what your brain is telling you - just like its telling you all of this

FVvOYmc.png

That is why all these events are 'normal' 

You don't get it Eric, do you?

When it comes to things like climate change, electric vehicles, speed limits, congestion charges, and yes, even covid, there are some valid arguments on either side of these debates. Those arguments might be political, financial, social, scientific, or even simply opinion or preference based.

A valid argument might go against the available science, but have merit due to its social or financial benefits, or a scientific argument might have social or financial costs, but have health or environmental benefits. Either way, each side presents their case, supported by evidence and facts, and intelligent debate ensues.

What isn't valid, is to take a whole host of issues you don't agree with and, without presenting the merest shred of evidence, claim that it's all the doing of some secret cabal that are out to get you. That's just delusion and paranoia.

Some events aren't normal, nor are some policies ideal or welcome, no-one is claiming otherwise, only that there are logical explanations for them, backed up by evidence, that don't require elaborate conspiracies to explain them.

In any case, if the ICE ban is part of some global conspiracy to control the world, then why is that it's only the UK who appears to be wedded to it, while others are backing off?  Sounds more like incompetence than skullduggery to me.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links