Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hydrogen fuel rollout.

DavidCM

I would have no idea.If you want to know,try googling it.

I doubt if I will ever need one in my lifetime, although it would seem like a better alternative than driving a Tesla badged milk float.

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Coming up to end of April now, how many new hydrogen fuels stations are there?

Gang,     you're simply purposefully ignoring the BP production in the north of England to roll out availability of hydrogen to each of it's 1200+ estate as a minimum .... 

Malc

On 4/26/2023 at 12:36 PM, DavidCM said:

I would have no idea.If you want to know,try googling it.

I doubt if I will ever need one in my lifetime, although it would seem like a better alternative than driving a Tesla badged milk float.

So the answer is zero 🙂

On 4/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, Malc1 said:

Gang,     you're simply purposefully ignoring the BP production in the north of England to roll out availability of hydrogen to each of it's 1200+ estate as a minimum .... 

Malc

Do you have a linkt to any news on BP's hydrogen roll-out?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moleman said:

that link is some 9 months old BUT I read the daily online BP stockmarket highlights which from time to time mention their Hydrogen progress ✌️

Malc

11 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

that link is some 9 months old BUT I read the daily online BP stockmarket highlights which from time to time mention their Hydrogen progress ✌️

Malc

I know Malcolm, but it took less than 10 seconds to find those above.

Not sure why it appears hard for some to acknowledge that this information exists?

Perhaps a mixed future, enjoying the best of all fuels could be achieved?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Not sure why it appears hard for some to acknowledge that this information exists?

Well, Maurice,

You know it is all just a conspiracy, when we are trying to tell people not to believe in the tiny brained politicians telling us that there is enough material for batteries that can be dug out without destroying the planet so all transport can be made with Battery power. Cars, busses, trucks, container ships, airplanes, heating for houses in colder areas etc, and for me living where it is very warm = air-conditioning.

Spain is now in April going to have temperatures that earlier were only that high late July and August. Rain is falling so little that farmers are complaining (they always do that) and price of good quality olive oil is up so many are no longer able to use that. That is also a conspiracy.

We are part in the conspiracy. When we do not believe that batteries last forever and a day; we are just not well informed.

That is the fact.

We are stupid to not believe in, what we are told by the immensely wise politicians ruling.

We shall soon all drive in a Tesla. Thank you, Musketeer.

Toyota is on the wrong way when continuing to work with hydrogen, as are all other companies doing that.

Hyundai and all the other companies that still have not given up are also part in the conspiracy. This link proves it: https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/hydrogen-fuel-cars-10/8557113/

Cool down and listen to some good music:

1 hour ago, Moleman said:

as in the present and past methinks  ............... LPG was and still is an ideal for many ........ Hybrids and Petrol and Diesels and now just EVs and shortly to be Hydrogen powered cars and trucks and buses  ........  there is of course just most of the world's terrain where rugged vehicles will be the " norm " and diesel and petrol will remain to the fore .  whatever the Conspirators might be thinking and the Green Brigade might be wishing for .

............ the world unleashed on motor transport some aeons back and horse and mule conveyancing really is, in  most parts, a thing of the past  BUT  .  if you ever go to Delhi you will see, amongst the norm of utter chaos and traffic congestion, the occasional elephant, camel, horse and mule transport ......  let alone the runners physically moving people in their cycle people carriers and with whole family's aboard their motorbike whatever ..... that's the reality of transport today and tomorrow too I'll wager ...  it's called Life  🤩

And the majority of the world's  Peoples really don't care a monkey's about Conspirators and Green Brigade ..  they've got lives to live and get by with !

Malc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

as in the present and past methinks  ............... LPG was and still is an ideal for many ........ Hybrids and Petrol and Diesels and now just EVs and shortly to be Hydrogen powered cars and trucks and buses  ........  there is of course just most of the world's terrain where rugged vehicles will be the " norm " and diesel and petrol will remain to the fore .  whatever the Conspirators might be thinking and the Green Brigade might be wishing for .

............ the world unleashed on motor transport some aeons back and horse and mule conveyancing really is, in  most parts, a thing of the past  BUT  .  if you ever go to Delhi you will see, amongst the norm of utter chaos and traffic congestion, the occasional elephant, camel, horse and mule transport ......  let alone the runners physically moving people in their cycle people carriers and with whole family's aboard their motorbike whatever ..... that's the reality of transport today and tomorrow too I'll wager ...  it's called Life  🤩

And the majority of the world's  Peoples really don't care a monkey's about Conspirators and Green Brigade ..  they've got lives to live and get by with !

Malc

You are right, Malcolm,

Nobody care about anything more than to get the best out of their lives wherever they are.

Those having problems because for various things have problems and the rest do not care about it.

Disappearing lakes, dead crops and trucked-in water: Drought-stricken Spain is running dry

The Sau Reservoir in Spain dropped to 7% of its capacity in April.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/02/europe/spain-drought-catalonia-heat-wave-climate-intl/index.html

.  and the european river cruises these businesses are trying to sell .  with not much nor really enough water in the rivers to make a holiday trip sensible doing that sort of adventure ............. best to fly somewhere and eat up the air miles on one of the new fandangled aircraft they're developing that are going to be  " green "  powered .......... ( elsatic bands anyone 😅 )

........... at least the western world seems to be trying to ameliorate some of the excesses of " bad " fuel

It's jolly good dear old BP are making sensible huge profits to be able to develop all their ( and the world's ) green energy offerings AND to pay those huge taxes to keep the coffers of the UK solvent .........  that's one good thing, probably the only good thing that's come out of the Kremlin's dastardly war mongering .  it's pushed the price of oil thru the roof and given the likes of BP the power and the need and the Will to bestow the UK exchequer with copious quantities of ££££

Now then, what's the effect of the Russian war mongering on the Climate  . .............. any best guesses  ?

Malc

On 5/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, Moleman said:

It's not a case of it existing. It's whether or not it's the information that one is looking for.

As it turns out, it isn't. It looks like they're only catering to heavy duty trucks and not cars.

17 minutes ago, flotsam said:

It's not a case of it existing. It's whether or not it's the information that one is looking for.

As it turns out, it isn't. It looks like they're only catering to heavy duty trucks and not cars.

For now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flotsam said:

like they're only catering to heavy duty trucks and not cars.

not so with the long established Police fleets of Hydrogen Mirai around Heathrow at least 

Malc

but it's a left hooker and not a sedan style ...  beautiful tho' .  oh, and so's the car too  😇

Malc

• Haha 1

The Tellaro family SUV sounds interesting  .  not sure I'd be doing 200mph on our delightful roads tho'   🤩

Malc

The Hyperion's 1600km/1000mile range would make it easier to roll-out the hydrogen infrastructure. It would make it worthwhile to go on a long trip to fill up, which only takes 5 minutes. It only weighs as much as a small car because it's carbon-fibre and titanium.

The only problem is price.

Also the video, suspiciously, doesn't show it going around a track despite claiming a 0~60 time of only 2.2s and a hypercar top-speed. What gives? 

1 minute ago, flotsam said:

What gives? 

hahahahahhahahah   ............ Reality Gives methinks  !

great hype tho' for the hypertension methodology ..  reminding me of the Ruskie Hypersupersonic indestructible mach 10 ? missile that's invincible  .........  BUT one's just been shot down by Zelensky and co OK ..........  🖕

as I say  reality " Gives " .....  let's stick with Toyota's Mirai style relatively simple and straightforward and readily achievable sensible cars for the masses .............  well maybe me anyway if i live that long 🤣  .............  and I can rebadge the " sedan " to a Lexus Ls700

Malc

Are Li-Ion batteries fireproof ?

EnerVenue’s Metal-Hydrogen Batteries Achieve a Key Fire Safety Certification

By PRESS RELEASE                https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/author/guest-2-2-2-2-2/

FREMONT, Calif. – May 2, 2023 – EnerVenue, the first company to bring metal-hydrogen batteries capable of 30,000 cycles to the clean energy revolution, today announced the company has completed UL 9540A cell-, module-, and unit-level evaluation of thermal runaway fire propagation. Additionally, the company certified its Energy Storage Vessel™ to UL1973. Both achievements represent significant safety milestones for the rapidly growing company.

UL 9540A testing includes progressively larger-scale fire tests to evaluate the risk of thermal runaway and fire propagation in Battery energy storage systems. EnerVenue’s Energy Storage Vessels completed UL 9540A testing at the cell level with no flames observed during induced thermal runaway.

“Our UL 9540A test results confirm our proven Battery chemistry as the leading option for customers concerned with eliminating the possibility of fires or thermal hazards at their grid-scale installations,” said Majid Keshavarz, CTO, EnerVenue. “We’re proud to achieve this testing validation and to offer a safer Battery energy storage system.”

In contrast, lithium-ion batteries generate flames during the UL 9540A test at the cell level: a punctured li-ion Battery cell will catch fire. Li-ion Battery manufacturers must therefore add additional protection around cells to contain thermal runaway at the module level to meet testing criteria.

The UL 9540A test method is officially titled: Test Method for Evaluating Thermal Runaway Fire Propagation in Battery Energy Storage Systems and is the recognized standard for evaluating a Battery energy storage system’s thermal runaway fire propagation risk. This testing provides manufacturers with a means of demonstrating the regulatory compliance of their products. In most regions, Battery technology providers’ products must complete UL 9540A testing for them to be eligible for installation.

I belive sodium ion batteries are a lot safer too, close to lead acid,  although as yet without the same capacity as lithium ion.

Despite the interest in hydrogen, currently tens (if not hundreds) of billions is being invested worldwide in EVs and battery  technology. Condensed matter batteries are being developed for aircraft, and sodium ion batteries are being developed as an alternative to lithium. The problem with EVs is largely around the batteries, and my guesss is that with the money being thrown at it, along with the potential application of things like AI, that faster development of Battery technologies will emerge and resolve many of the issues.

Just a layman's guess though.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links