Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hydrogen fuel rollout.

DavidCM

Reading the latest issue of Motor Sport magazine,I noticed that a company called Element 2 is planning to open 30 hydrogen stations in the UK this year.Apparantley that will double the current number.

The company is aiming at the haulage industry but cold be seen as another shot at the "milk float " / Battery car industry.

I've just read (in the Telegraph?) that some are closing down. But we know the House of Lords has protested against giving hope to those of us who want hydrogen cars.

The only Battery powered car I might buy would be where you can swap the Battery as after several years, it loses the capacity to hold charge and you're left with an expensive brick. But that requires renting the Battery and you still have to queue to charge, you still have to warm the Battery when it's cold and cool it when it's hot. Most now, apparently, have heat pumps as a heater drains the Battery too much.

European provisional agreement for hydrogen stations infrastructure shows its faith in H2

By JAKE BANKS                                         https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/author/jake-2-2-2-2/

The Council and European Parliament have come to a political agreement to move forward in alternative fuels.

The agreement is shows that Europe strongly believes H2 will be a critical step forward in energy.

There's no way the grid can take all of us owning Battery powered cars.

After several years, your Battery pack won't accept charge any more and you've got a very expensive brick.

Large vehicles don't work with batteries. Elon Musk has a semi. But get this, it takes 1 MEGAWATT to charge it. There's just no getting round the huge amount of power to charge batteries.

Eventually the hydrogen filling stations will want to attract car owners rather than just truck drivers.

They're (apparently) rolling out plastic lined pipes for the hydrogen on the gas grid. Heat pumps don't work ESPECIALLLY if it gets cold.

1 hour ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

Toyota must know something we dont about future hydrogen fuel infrastructure. 

Those observant enough to understand a little about the Hydrogen Power availability in the UK will already know that the BP hydrogen production facility going on in the North of England will provide a sensible roll-out to the 1200 + BP fuel stations in the UK ........... as a minimum

If there's a BP filling station anywhere close by to you it will enable you to buy and run a good hydrogen power'd Toyota .......  what else would you want  🤩

Malc

reading today that there's a terrible fear that EVs won't be able to park in multi-storey car parks .  they weren't designed for the EV Battery weight issue .  they'll just collapse under the strain !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Hey Malc, your LS H(ydro) could be there after all!

my Ls700 you mean  🤣

I'd like it to be a proper 4 door car tho' not whatever is a " sedan  "  ..  summat I can put bags into to go on holiday sensibly

Malc

15 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

something like this?

NOOOOOOOO  .................... I want a sensible 4 door car with a speedo please ....  summat the King might drive his'self around Windsor Great Park on a Sunday afternoon with the grandkids or great nephews and nieces .......  out for a picnic in the sunshine ....... or up around Balmoral estate somewhere away from the paparazzi !    😇

You know, summat quite normal and unassuming ...........  there'll be a BP filling station close by I'm sure  🙃

Malc

2 hours ago, DavidCM said:

I'd rather take the bus.

maybe  cheaper to buy a Bus than this  " thing "

Malc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malc1 said:

NOOOOOOOO  .................... I want a sensible 4 door car with a speedo please ....  summat the King might drive his'self around Windsor Great Park on a Sunday afternoon with the grandkids or great nephews and nieces .......  out for a picnic in the sunshine ....... or up around Balmoral estate somewhere away from the paparazzi !    😇

You know, summat quite normal and unassuming ...........  there'll be a BP filling station close by I'm sure  🙃

Malc

Do not panic Malcolm, convert your trusty Lexus and you will have drinking water on your trips from the exhaust.

Toyota has shown it can be done. Old Corolla:

image.thumb.png.b6577a59972de9e7b5e75b158bbff0ae.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Those observant enough to understand a little about the Hydrogen Power availability in the UK will already know that the BP hydrogen production facility going on in the North of England will provide a sensible roll-out to the 1200 + BP fuel stations in the UK ........... as a minimum

If there's a BP filling station anywhere close by to you it will enable you to buy and run a good hydrogen power'd Toyota .......  what else would you want  🤩

Malc

reading today that there's a terrible fear that EVs won't be able to park in multi-storey car parks .  they weren't designed for the EV battery weight issue .  they'll just collapse under the strain !

I'm sure that Hydrogen plant is a Saltend in Hull. If it isnt i think one is planned. Pleased to see one of our Cllrs keeps shouting about future is Hydrogen as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Small HGVs are being banned from 2035 and large ones from 2040, ALLEGEDLY. But so far there's no infrastructure for hydrogen. Tesla's semi takes a MEGAWATT. Imagine the queues for that!!!!

Eventually, they'll have to roll-out hydrogen for industrial usage. Then the filling stations will want the extra income from fuelling cars too. It's just the government who want you to buy heat-pumps and Battery powered cars and then "all by yourself" figure you need solar panels and wind turbines, when you get a huge electricity bill.

It'd be nice to have your own electolyser and then power your house and car from the sun, wind and rain!!!

Apparently hydrogen fuel cell cars only need a few filters changed for servicing. Batteries lose their capacity to hold charge resulting in a huge bill to replace them. Battery swapping means you're a captive customer.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, flotsam said:

Eventually, they'll have to roll-out hydrogen for industrial usage. Then the filling stations will want the extra income from fuelling cars too. It's just the government who want you to buy heat-pumps and battery powered cars and then "all by yourself" figure you need solar panels and wind turbines, when you get a huge electricity bill.

It'd be nice to have your own electolyser and then power your house and car from the sun, wind and rain!!!

Apparently hydrogen fuel cell cars only need a few filters changed for servicing. Batteries lose their capacity to hold charge resulting in a huge bill to replace them. Battery swapping means you're a captive customer.

You are right. Said something like this more than a year ago; and all the EV fans thought they could make me believe I was stupid then.

Solar cells do not last forever but probably long time enough to fill an EV car as their batteries also are rather short lived. Wind mills also do not last forever and especially the wings are hard to decompose.

Only power source on the planet that is steady (sun does not shine always, wind does not blow always) is magnetism. As long as the moon is circling the planet the sea will have high and low tide, which is enormous power, and all that need to be done to turn that into electricity enough to make hydrogen, that is a power source that is recycling itself going back to water to be reused, is a bit of hardware.

37 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Wind mills also do not last forever

especially the ones in the sea now we know the Ruskies are going to try to delete them from our grid ............ with their not so covert Spy Ships it seems

Malc

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 8:10 AM, Las Palmas said:

As long as the moon is circling the planet the sea will have high and low tide, which is enormous power, and all that need to be done to turn that into electricity enough to make hydrogen, that is a power source that is recycling itself going back to water to be reused, is a bit of hardware.

Actually, the Moon is slowly drifiting away.

1 hour ago, flotsam said:

Actually, the Moon is slowly drifiting away.

So that tide will no longer be here in maybe 100 years? Besides I wrote that as long as and not after whatever kind of conspiracy theories whosoever is spreading.

Does that mean that it is waste of good energy to develop ways to use that power as long as it is still here say the next couple of thousand years?

The data centres are among the electricity consumers that easily can convert H2 to the power needed. They do not bump around on pothole roads.

Microsoft Azure Quantum is collaborating with Johnson Matthey to accelerate sustainable energy discoveries for a zero-carbon future through state-of-the-art cloud high-performance computing. The companies believe that hydrogen fuel cell technology and other clean energies can help overcome some of the biggest global challenges, such as reversing global warming and addressing food insecurity. With their combined effort and resources, they are confident they can accelerate chemistry and materials science research to impact 96% of products and every human on the planet. The goal is to develop a uniquely powerful machine that can help accelerate 250 years of chemistry discovery into the next 25 years.

quantum-chemistry-hydrogen-fuel-technology-1140x641.thumb.jpg.b0fb7fd4bb3a14a2204308b80ff3ce4e.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 6:37 PM, DavidCM said:

Reading the latest issue of Motor Sport magazine,I noticed that a company called Element 2 is planning to open 30 hydrogen stations in the UK this year.Apparantley that will double the current number.

The company is aiming at the haulage industry but cold be seen as another shot at the "milk float " / battery car industry.

30 stations in 12 months, that's 2.5 stations per month opening.

Coming up to end of April now, how many new hydrogen fuels stations are there?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links