Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts about another F owners gathering this year?

On 6/29/2023 at 6:47 PM, B1RMA said:

Just a thought, I must be a glutton for punishment but. Many years ago I lived in Newbury, there is a fantastic road between Newbury and Wantage.

So it got me thinking how about September time we arrange to meet at the Chievley Services just outside Newbury, I'm not sure if this is central enough for everyone who would like to come along. But I know this road would be great for a drive out plus I know  a very nice pub on the Newbury to Wantage road that may be car friendly to stop at for a bite of lunch.

There is a three hour time limit at the Services but that will give us time to meet-up and go for a drive. Again I find Sunday to be best for me.

What do you think?

Shall we/me/I get the ball rolling with a new thread for this idea? See how much interest it attracts and if it does, we should put an official advert in the events section?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BillNick said:

Shall we/me/I get the ball rolling with a new thread for this idea? See how much interest it attracts and if it does, we should put an official advert in the events section?

Sounds good why not, I'm up Newbury way shortly so I'll call into the pub I know on that road to see what they think. I'm guessing about 12 cars?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I was invited and accepted to display my car at Go Japan this year which is being hosted at Brands Hatch (Kent).

As such im afraid I won’t be stepping up to organise another meet in Sep any longer.

If anyone local (or not) fancies it, it’s Sunday 24th Sep and general entry tickets are cheaper if bought online in advance.

Ill be in the “individuals” area which if same as last year will be next to the main entrance.

6 hours ago, BillNick said:

Hi all, I was invited and accepted to display my car at Go Japan this year which is being hosted at Brands Hatch (Kent).

As such im afraid I won’t be stepping up to organise another meet in Sep any longer.

If anyone local (or not) fancies it, it’s Sunday 24th Sep and general entry tickets are cheaper if bought online in advance.

Ill be in the “individuals” area which if same as last year will be next to the main entrance.

That sounds a better plan to me.

I was in the individual display last year, not a bad show, I did find the hype out sold what was actually there though. Thankfully I met up with some people I know so it was not all bad and did see two other Lexus and my first sighting of a Toyota Century. There's a post in the show and events thread with some photos.

I'll not be there this year as unfortunately I'm working that weekend.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2023 at 2:06 PM, Flytvr said:

Sounds amazing and better than meeting in some car park down South, staring at each other's cars and asking "Ooooooo - what exhaust have you got fitted? 😁 

I've done Scotland twice in the last few months. Epic place! Never taken a Lexus up there  however........

I was planning to take my Lexus to scotland. Good roads, not too many cameras I hear.

Sound like a great idea to me.

11 minutes ago, Scott Rogers said:

Do you need to be invited to take your car to go Japan?

If so we should still arrange a meet in Newbury or Oxford in the new t couple of weeks. Any interests?

For Go Japan, no invite. I emailed the organizers and requested a pass for the individual exhibit (which was free) and then you and your passengers pay the general entry fee.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scott Rogers said:

I was planning to take my Lexus to scotland. Good roads, not too many cameras I hear.

Sound like a great idea to me.

Where in Scotland…. A9 north of Perth is average speed cameras all the way up towards Inverness…. A90 north of Dundee is again covered in average speed cameras up to Stonehaven up by Aberdeen… most of other roads further north are just the mobile camera vans

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

Where in Scotland…. A9 north of Perth is average speed cameras all the way up towards Inverness…. A90 north of Dundee is again covered in average speed cameras up to Stonehaven up by Aberdeen… most of other roads further north are just the mobile camera vans

Some pretty good stuff in the cairngorms or over to the west.  Even just north of Glasgow it gets a bit quieter…. Down here in the borders it’s terrific too!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:34 PM, Jgtcracer said:

Some pretty good stuff in the cairngorms or over to the west.  Even just north of Glasgow it gets a bit quieter…. Down here in the borders it’s terrific too!

The Old Military Road in the cairgorms is a blast. We did that in September on a dry day and it was pretty amazing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 12:02 AM, RichGS11 said:

The Old Military Road in the cairgorms is a blast. We did that in September on a dry day and it was pretty amazing!

Whenever I drive it there seems to be loads of traffic.  Suppose it’s the main tourist road through the Cairngorms.  Admittedly I’m with the wife so can’t make best use of every overtaking opportunity!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Whenever I drive it there seems to be loads of traffic.  Suppose it’s the main tourist road through the Cairngorms.  Admittedly I’m with the wife so can’t make best use of every overtaking opportunity!

We got extremely lucky with traffic. A few other cars on there for the same reason. I can see how easily it can get snarled up.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links