Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First feedback with NX450H+

21 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

Looks OK 😃

yes 550 liters (VDA standard) - with the boot cover stored under the trunk floor. 

Not as roomy as my Passat Estate but it is the only Premium PHEV in its size segments that does have similar boot capacity is the DS 7. All other including the German trio and Volvo have  between 100 l and 150 l less boot volume.

2 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

Except OEM is a whole lot more expensive, I note!

That is the way the game is played in the auto parts industry. I think in this case almost 3 times pricier (around 90 euros vs. 33 euros for the "adaptable" part)

55 minutes ago, NiCoRe said:

That is the way the game is played in the auto parts industry. I think in this case almost 3 times pricier (around 90 euros vs. 33 euros for the "adaptable" part)

Well I just ordered the non OEM. I mean it’s not as if the thing is used more than a minute or two each day at most. I probably won’t even notice it until October when days get shorter! Right? 😄

• Like 1

Tire pressure check this week-end after 1000 miles / circa 1 600 km 
No loss, still 2.6 bar (I do drive 60% on highways so I usually set the tire pressure a little higher and yes I know highway this is not the perfect playing field for a PHEV 😉  but I got 6.5 l / 100 km fuel usage with adaptative cruise control set at 85mph which is legal speed limit over here )

Run flats seem to hold pressure quite well (compare to my previous self sealing tires which required a .3 bar refill on the same interval) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Tire pressure check this week-end after 1000 miles / circa 1 600 km 
No loss, still 2.6 bar (I do drive 60% on highways so I usually set the tire pressure a little higher and yes I know highway this is not the perfect playing field for a PHEV 😉  but I got 6.5 l / 100 km fuel usage with adaptative cruise control set at 85mph which is legal speed limit over here )

Run flats seem to hold pressure quite well (compare to my previous self sealing tires which required a .3 bar refill on the same interval) 

Good to know! Got me curious. Maybe me haven’t change since new. Third week now. 

23 km (14 Mi) drive in Paris city and outskirts this Sunday
Took me 1H40 🤯 but less than 3,5 l per 100 km 

This car and its hybrid system are amazing

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Feedback post summer holidays.

Over 2500 km done (and one speeding ticket 😇 a few miles from home). Here are a few trivia facts :

- Car handled great on twisty and steep road of the Vosges mountain (Mode S was especially handy on the downhill parts)

- Mpg was very low in HEV mode on these B roads especially in the Rhine valley (5.0L / 100 km with 4 to 5 people on board)

- Managed to keep the MPG below 6l/100 km on the return trip avoiding highways (Toll that I did not pay will finance the fine 😉 )

- Tire swap done at 6 000 km (I managed to remember where the antitheft bolt adapter was stashed)

- Trunk space is good enough to carry a small lawmower without lowering the rear bench and definitely big enough for 4 to 5 adults (managing you do not travel with your groceries) 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

I see Lexus provided you with a handy little jack for rotating the tyres! I, myself, am still waiting for Lexus to fill the hole with a jack and wheel brace 😉 

Me too - and I am not at all hopeful

• Haha 1

Was lucky enough to get the lock bolt with the car (but not the second key).
Rotation done in a specialized shop as crossing RR to FL and RL to FR implies balancing the new front tires 

Resetting TPMS by myself worked as a charm (a mere 5 minutes following the manual instruction)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Did you own a NX300h? How does the boot space compare?

NX450+ boot is 521 litres and the NX300h boot is 475 litres. Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Definitely a more usable space in the 450h compared with my previous 300h. That said I much preferred the parcel shelf in the old car rather than the flimsy folding frame you get now!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

No I did not. I drove a VW Passat estate for 4 and a half years. Bootspace was over 600l 🙃

11 minutes ago, NiCoRe said:

No I did not. I drove a VW Passat estate for 4 and a half years. Bootspace was over 600l 🙃

Stop showing off 😀😅

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

NX450+ boot is 521 litres and the NX300h boot is 475 litres. Hope that helps. 

Thanks Kevin.

I find the boot capacity in litres, not particularly helpful. I compared the boot liner of an RX400h with an NX 300h. The NX was slightly smaller but in reality it is not as practical for certain items I carry. The seats have to be upright to allow enough space. I was quite surprised that it made so much difference. Doing the comparison with the load liners does not give the full picture. I can live with it but it is just an observation. We all have to compromise on something with the cars we choose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I did. It’s marginally bigger in the 450 in my experience but specs will show exactly. That’s got to be good. And I like the compartments under the floor too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Thanks Kevin.

I find the boot capacity in litres, not particularly helpful. I compared the boot liner of an RX400h with an NX 300h. The NX was slightly smaller but in reality it is not as practical for certain items I carry. The seats have to be upright to allow enough space. I was quite surprised that it made so much difference. Doing the comparison with the load liners does not give the full picture. I can live with it but it is just an observation. We all have to compromise on something with the cars we choose.

It is marginally bigger like the rest of the car and I do think the boot space  is a little higher. The parcel shelf is flimsy and as Ken said not as good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Technical question regarding the adaptive cruise; Does it work in heavy rain?

I reported my RX450h to Lexus as it kept going ‘unavailable’ in heavy rain, only to be told that’s how it was designed, so when you need it most, it didn’t work!

just wondered if their system has been changed to work in bad weather?

Cheers

Dave F

1 hour ago, 56Doc said:

Technical question regarding the adaptive cruise; Does it work in heavy rain?

I reported my RX450h to Lexus as it kept going ‘unavailable’ in heavy rain, only to be told that’s how it was designed, so when you need it most, it didn’t work!

It may disable itself depending on the severity of the weather (rain and snow) or anything obstructing the sensor behind the grille (snow and mud) as the radar needs to have clear line of sight to the vehicle ahead. Certainly radar cruise control shouldn't be used as a safety feature for when the conditions are too bad for the driver!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Terrane Kaki glittering under the autumn sun in Normandy...after a few heavy showers 🙂

I do confirm that the electronic helps (LTA, adaptative cruise control) do shut off themselves under very poor conditions ( very heavy rain at night with a lot of water on the highway). The car does warn you very clearly. I lost LTA first then adaptative cruise control and at one time even the proximity sensors shut themselves off.

IMG_3633.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links