Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm not having this!

I know this never meant to be serious, but what this shows is just the brands that people are most jealous about. I know it sounds too cliche "oh you hate it because you jealous", but this is all it is. People are jealous about other people having the cars they can't afford and which are faster than theirs and they automatically have negative feelings about it. On the other hand when they see somebody in Ford or Vauxhall they almost feel sorry for them "ahhh poor chap... I let him be... has nothing much to lose", exactly same behaviour in BMW "... how dares he... he thinks that just because he has BMW rules don't apply". 

Just look at the list and it is obvious that all of those cars are "affordable" luxury brands, something that people want to buy, plan to buy, maybe not new, maybe 10 years old, but it is realistic to own any of those makes for most people. And this as well explains why for example Bentley won't be on the list for bad driving... it is way too expensive for most people to even want them, they are above their radar and they are rare, so even statistically it is unlikely that somebody got offended by Bentley driver... It almost literally becomes "he can do it because he has Bentley, Ferrari whatever"... but if it would be BMW... then "no no no ... this is so rude and inconsiderate". 

And I have noticed this quite a lot... when you driving BMW people just hate you... I can be cursing at 90MPH in outside lane in Lexus and nobody cares, if I do 80MPH in BMW... people literally beep when I go past... I do the same thing I drive the same, in general I believe that drivers of all makes are more or less the same, but people just gets offended seeing BMW overtaking them, because somehow that makes them feel inferior. Ford doesn't (too cheap), Bentley doesn't too expensive... but BMW or MB or Audi... just the right car where they want to see themselves sitting and somehow that triggers them.

Well at least that is my take on stereotypes when it comes to rude drivers based on makes...

• Like 1

There’s idiots out there driving all car brands these days, to be fair to BMW drivers. 

Suggesting Mini are the fourth politest is truly laughable though. Certainly around these parts.

A somewhat pointless ‘survey’ from an organisation I’ve never heard of and without any context (who was asked, how were they asked, how many were asked, were they asked or did they volunteer etc.)

The article was published in the Daily Mail…enough said! I’m just a bit surprised that they’re not claiming Meghan Markle drives a BMW and that’s why they’re so rude…

Andy Moody, founder and managing director of GoShorty, said: ‘Sadly, our powers cannot make the UK's rudest drivers more considerate on the road, but we can help save you money with more efficient insurance options.’

^^ Translation - “We are desperate for publicity and free advertising, so we made up a survey and paid the Daily Mail to publish it in order to try and grow our business.”

Cynical? Moi? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I know this never meant to be serious, but what this shows is just the brands that people are most jealous about. I know it sounds too cliche "oh you hate it because you jealous", but this is all it is. People are jealous about other people having the cars they can't afford and which are faster than theirs and they automatically have negative feelings about it. On the other hand when they see somebody in Ford or Vauxhall they almost feel sorry for them "ahhh poor chap... I let him be... has nothing much to lose", exactly same behaviour in BMW "... how dares he... he thinks that just because he has BMW rules don't apply". 

Just look at the list and it is obvious that all of those cars are "affordable" luxury brands, something that people want to buy, plan to buy, maybe not new, maybe 10 years old, but it is realistic to own any of those makes for most people. And this as well explains why for example Bentley won't be on the list for bad driving... it is way too expensive for most people to even want them, they are above their radar and they are rare, so even statistically it is unlikely that somebody got offended by Bentley driver... It almost literally becomes "he can do it because he has Bentley, Ferrari whatever"... but if it would be BMW... then "no no no ... this is so rude and inconsiderate". 

And I have noticed this quite a lot... when you driving BMW people just hate you... I can be cursing at 90MPH in outside lane in Lexus and nobody cares, if I do 80MPH in BMW... people literally beep when I go past... I do the same thing I drive the same, in general I believe that drivers of all makes are more or less the same, but people just gets offended seeing BMW overtaking them, because somehow that makes them feel inferior. Ford doesn't (too cheap), Bentley doesn't too expensive... but BMW or MB or Audi... just the right car where they want to see themselves sitting and somehow that triggers them.

Well at least that is my take on stereotypes when it comes to rude drivers based on makes...

Jealousy...I said similar on another forum - look at the brands in the red list - all luxury brands and seems to me that the voters have a little envy in their votes....

Give them the keys to a BMW or any car on the red list and they wont say no...they may however turn down the keys from the green list.

Whilst poor driving is prevalent in all makes of cars, I do think however that Audi A3/S3 are popular with the young crowd and they and VW Golf's are driven like absolute morons - although that of course is a stereotype, not all A3/S3 drivers drive like lunatics, but when I do see lunacy on the roads it is more commonly a youngster in an A3/S3/Golf lately.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links