Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake pads. What are the options?

Flytvr

Looks like I need new front pads.

On previous Lexus cars, I’d buy Brembos and get Lexus to fit them.

What are the options for the LC? Is it a case of only Lexus can supply pads?

You'll probably find that only Lexus can actually provide them and the price will be eye watering. This is what I found with my GSF (might be better now). There are so few of the cars on the road, it is not worth any other suppliers stocking them so Lexus get to charge you what they like. I didn't like the idea of being charged £350+ for four pieces of steel plate with some friction material glued on but that was the only thing on offer.

Ferodo DS2500 were always the go to for upgraded pads, or EBC yellow or red stuff, don’t know if they make them for the LC though. US forum may be more useful as they mess with their cars more than we do.

I HAVE A FAULT!!! Mine is going into Lexus shortly for new pads all round at 5,000 miles under warranty as it squeaks when stopping below walking pace - that last little period of stopping when in traffic, at lights etc. I requested cleaning and greasing but they said full replacement was the best option as it’s a known problem, at least on 2021 cars. I do wonder whether the replacements will be softer and wear faster. It does suggest a harder aftermarket pad might squeak too.

• Confused 1

Thanks all.

For discs and pads, Lexus are quoting £1284.14. If it’s the only option, fair enough, but I’ll definitely try EBC. I’ll update the post with my findings

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian R said:

Try this link: EBC 

They have a part number so presumably they have something to offer?

Spoke to EBC. They plan to eventually make them, but that is months away 😢 

Ah, that's a shame. I did also look elsewhere and "Part Souq" can and sometimes do offer at a good price, but it would seem not so on this occasion unless they might be inclined/persuaded to offer a discount.

Details as follows: Part Souq

Will carry on looking because I feel sure I came across a would be supplier who offered genuine parts and for comparatively reasonable money. The hunt continues......

I bought some front pads on eBay for £150ish and took the car to my local garage to fit them as I’d done with the isf .  Left em in the boot.  This time garage fitter didn’t ask where they were, and on his own volition went to Lexus Hatfield who charged, from memory, about £480 as well as brake pad wear sensors.

Luckily I saw the funny side but I think if he’d bought discs as well I’d probably have had a bit of a sense of humour failure.

The Lexus pads are squeaking like fook, as 8k has described the other ones might not have if they’d fitted them.

• Haha 1

If you can find part numbers and if they are indeed brembo, autodoc or buycarparts are pretty good, they come from Germany despite UK website and they usually phone after you order to double check everything with you, which is decent, delivery takes about a week usually. I bought all 4 discs for my GS F from there and fitted myself to save all the monies.

Shame EBC don't do the pads as they are good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eightk said:

It is a shame EBC list pads but have never made any!

Too low volume I would imagine. They are only used on the LS and LC which are both extremely low volume vehicles and I imagine the majority of owners would just use genuine Lexus parts.

EBC do always seem to list parts before they are available - I guess it's their way of testing the market.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eightk said:

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-lc-front-brake-pads/

UK website - genuine pads for £121 above.

https://racingbrake.com/lc500/

Also found the above US site with performance pads listed but no idea if they’re any good.

It is a shame EBC list pads but have never made any!

Good call Andy and at that price more reasonable than I would have thought. Mind you I suspect the discs are a different matter......

Just found them on the same Lexus web site and £718 for the front including pads, £596 without.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:01 AM, eightk said:

To be honest for a low volume high performance car £700-odd for a front set of discs and pads isn't bad

especially as the LC uses two piece rotors which are more expensive than single piece cast ones.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links