Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Second Key Fob NX 450H+

16 hours ago, PB1642 said:

My NX was handed over in early Feb 23 and i can pick my second key tomorrow.  I am told it will take at least an hour possibly two to programme, I have to wonder why?

I got my second key today. It took around 15 minutes to process.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My dealer booked me in for 2nd fob even though I have not had the letter as yet. Only picked up my NX350h 2 weeks ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imgo said:

My dealer booked me in for 2nd fob even though I have not had the letter as yet. Only picked up my NX350h 2 weeks ago.

That’s good going!! I emailed my dealer a week ago. Silence. Picked up my 450 two months ago. Where’s the logic in all of this? 

44 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

That’s good going!! I emailed my dealer a week ago. Silence. Picked up my 450 two months ago. Where’s the logic in all of this? 

John....just call your dealer's service department and say you want to book your vehicle in for campaign YHG14. That will force them to order your second key and book you in.

• Like 2

Received my second key today, and also had the ECU update for the forward recognition camera. It took about 2 hours...15 minutes for the key clone and the rest for the software update plus quick valet.

• Like 5

When I ordered my NX450h+ Takumi, the specification include a Card Key in addition to key fobs.
A credit card shaped key with no buttons.  This is being supplied in other countries in addition to the one key fob. Is it still being supplied in the U.K. ?

Pictured here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/994050-one-key-fob-5.html#post11494851 

1 hour ago, BillSt said:

When I ordered my NX450h+ Takumi, the specification include a Card Key in addition to key fobs.
A credit card shaped key with no buttons.  This is being supplied in other countries in addition to the one key fob. Is it still being supplied in the U.K. ?

Pictured here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-2nd-gen-2022-current/994050-one-key-fob-5.html#post11494851 

When I collected my Nx350h Takumi 3 weeks ago I also asked about the card key and was told that because it was a 2024 model with the UWB (ultra wide band) key security features, the card key is no longer compatible with the system and has been withdrawn. The brochure/ website has not been updated as yet. 

I also pointed out that my car had only the drivers side door mirror with the auto dimming function even though the brochure/ website states 'door mirrors' meaning both, was told that was a mistake as no new lexus has passenger door mirror auto dimming.

2 hours ago, imgo said:

When I collected my Nx350h Takumi 3 weeks ago I also asked about the card key and was told that because it was a 2024 model with the UWB (ultra wide band) key security features, the card key is no longer compatible with the system and has been withdrawn. The brochure/ website has not been updated as yet. 

I also pointed out that my car had only the drivers side door mirror with the auto dimming function even though the brochure/ website states 'door mirrors' meaning both, was told that was a mistake as no new lexus has passenger door mirror auto dimming.

Hopefully the "UWB (ultra wide band) key security features" is a good thing 😀

It sounds good and I am not too bothered about a card key anyway 😀

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 3:03 PM, Scotlex said:

Hopefully the "UWB (ultra wide band) key security features" is a good thing 😀

It sounds good and I am not too bothered about a card key anyway 😀

Food for thought. I also have the takumi and await card key, second fob and locking wheel nuts. Other than the key fob I am just about giving up. But did wonder if I would ever rely on just a card! 
cant help feeling this has not been the best way to take over a £62k car. Even though I love the hell out of it!!

• Like 3

Picked up my second fob on the 24th July - 6 months to the day after taking delivery of the car.

I got a letter from Lexus asking me to book an appointment with my local dealer (Birmingham) and the appointment itself took 10-15 minutes.

• Like 2

I see in another U.K. owners group, an NX was delivered last Tuesday with 2 fobs, and card key, yet another with just 1 fob and metal key. Both made in Japan at the same time.

It does make you wonder if it is priority customers or priority dealers.

• Confused 1

Well my NX350h was booked in for next week for the 2nd keyfob programming but just had an email from them stating that supply has now been pushed back to Q1 2024 !

They also said no news on locking wheel bolts or the printed manuals.

Come on Lexus, get a grip and sort it all out

43 minutes ago, imgo said:

Well my NX350h was booked in for next week for the 2nd keyfob programming but just had an email from them stating that supply has now been pushed back to Q1 2024 !

Extremely disappointing.... particularly as Lexus only started the 2nd key campaign a few weeks ago....Q1 24 is crazy.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, imgo said:

I did get the printed manual when I collected the car two days ago. No bolts, No 2nd fob, No card key. I did see another report that the manual was produced within 2 days after complaint.

• Thanks 1

Frankly after less than one week, I am now beginning to regret buying Lexus.

Ok they will fit bolts in around 2 weeks but absolutely no progress on keys. I expected at least 2 keys, would have been quite happy with one card key and one fob, but only one key is simply not good enough. We leave for 3 months in Spain in October and dealer hoped to persuade Lexus U.K. to release the second fob before we left.

My wife is simply afraid to take the key in case she loses it. A good friend was hijacked by someone she thought was police and had her handbag forcibly removed including passport and Keys. Passport easily replaced and her husband had spare keys - this was not a Lexus!

Lexus has just given a flat No and when I wrote complaining has so far made no reply.

So I may be forced to hire a car for 3 months.

Wish I had just told dealer to stuff it.

Lovely car but hopeless service. I have just learned that we Cannot Trust Lexus.

How can we believe Lexus stories about chip shortage when eBay is selling NX key fobs for under £50?
Card Keys are even less.

OK they do not have the latest versions for sale but I have been told they have programmed them and just awaiting a new NX to fully test them. Expected in a short time.

I suspect they are being sourced in Turkey but if they work - why not?

So what is the true purpose behind the Lexus “excuses”? Why are they p******g off their customers? Just see the current opinions in TrustPilot. One customer already talking to DailyMail and taking legal action.

After keeping us waiting a year or more for the car they continue to hold us over a barrel waiting for keys.

IMG_6401.jpeg

IMG_6402.jpeg

10 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It is ridiculous that Lexus cannot supply keys in a timely manner (although not as ridiculous as not being able to supply locking wheel nuts) but I suspect those keys on eBay aren't the latest sleeping or UWB keys.

The company selling the keys confirmed that they were not the latest but said they are working on that and just had testing to complete.
Available shortly, I suspect before we hear from Lexus.

It does seem to put the lie to chip shortage.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 10:51 AM, Hayzee said:

I'm confused, as are others, as to how the second key fob will get to me. When I picked up the car I was told that Lexus would contact me directly, but having followed this thread that seems it may not be the case. 

I will email the dealership and hope they can give me definitive answer.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, Hayzee said:

Hi to everyone

Just taken delivery of my 450H + and as I suspected just one key fob. Does anyone know how long the wait for the other key is likely to be please?

Thanks

I took delivery of mine at the beginning of August.  I hadn't been told of the missing key fob until I picked it up and I was appalled.  This is my 5th Lexus and I've always been really happy with the service and the cars.  Very unhappy about the fob missing and to find out it has run flat tyres, I would have changed the car if I'd known this before!  I'm now in dispute with Lexus but the latest - for your information - direct from Lexus UK is that they are "hopeful" to start sending out second key fobs to people who purchased within October - December 2022 in the next few months!  Good luck all.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links