Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel pressure

Spark plug

For the low pressure system the regulator is part of the fuel pump/filter assembly in the tank.

For the high pressure system there is a spill control valve which sits on top of the high pressure pump in the engine bay which controls the pressure for direct injection. There is also a relief valve on the end of the high pressure fuel rail which the injectors connect into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Ian. What made you ask where the pressure regulator is located? Is your car playing up?

Hi. The last time I was out the management light came on and when I got home I got code 172&175 which is both banks running rich. So I pulled a plug out and expected it to be black and it was normal tan colour. So I cleaned the air filter and air flow sensor. Now she's idling @1500 rpm and can't get it down. So wondering if the pressure regulator is sticking. Which used to be easier to find on less complicated engines lol. The lexus has so many valves and solaniods on the engine lol

Ahhhhhhh. Did you clean the throttle body too?

I did similar quite some time ago. Had the high idle revs. After some Internet searches I found a cure. I posted it but can't remember where. 

Basically nowt to do with a pressure regulator. The throttle needs re learning.

39 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Ahhhhhhh. Did you clean the throttle body too?

I did similar quite some time ago. Had the high idle revs. After some Internet searches I found a cure. I posted it but can't remember where. 

Basically nowt to do with a pressure regulator. The throttle needs re learning.

Yes cleaned the throttle body to with carb cleaner 

4 hours ago, Spark plug said:

Thanks everyone for your help. It's made her feel much better and got her umph back 

Worth cleaning the MAF sensor if you haven't already. 

The procedure here is for the GS430 but all Toyota/Lexus models with a MAF in the last 20 years are similar:

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Worth cleaning the MAF sensor if you haven't already. 

The procedure here is for the GS430 but all Toyota/Lexus models with a MAF in the last 20 years are similar:

I did clean the maf sensor . Thanks 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links