Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Breakdown/Recovery Insurance

I understand that Lexus are no longer offering the extended warranty for my vehicle (2016 IS300H Advance) that also included breakdown recovery.

Having had a look at what is on offer, does anyone have any thoughts on who is the best provider?

Thanks

You can still purchase Lexus breakdown cover, although they now only cover the vehicle and not the owner (in other vehicles) so it isn't as good value as previously.

Personally I went with the AA (who Lexus actually use) who do provide policies that cover the member(s) in any vehicle. I've read too many recent stories of the RAC subbing out their breakdown attendances to local firms (which is then a lottery on how good a service you get) to consider them.

57 minutes ago, ikeja said:

I understand that Lexus are no longer offering the extended warranty for my vehicle (2016 IS300H Advance) that also included breakdown recovery.

Having had a look at what is on offer, does anyone have any thoughts on who is the best provider?

Thanks

If you rely on the Relax warranty granted with each Lexus service until the vehicle is 10 years old or 100k miles then that does not include the Lexus Roadside Assistance. However, if you have over 100k miles (or over 10 years old) on the car you can purchase what Lexus call 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty that covers the car for up to 15 years / 150k miles (whichever comes first) and this DOES include Lexus Roadside Assistance. This costs around £500 per annum. Some dealers are not particularly clued up on the  10 Year Plus Extended Warranty but it does exist - you may need to get Lexus customer service to talk to your dealer if they do to know about it. 

Quite a few insurance companies offer breakdown cover as an option which is what I do.

I used to be in the AA and had occasion to use them 3/4 times and always had good service, but fortunately not in this millennium.

Thanks for the comments. Out of interest, the cheapest quote including roadside assistance, uk recovery, home start and misfuel came to £60 from National Breakdown. Similar from AA was £110. Adrian Flux came in at £99.

Lexus cover, including Europe is £155.

I have some thinking to do.

Before I joined the marque I had cover on my e60 with Greenflag included in my insurance.  I only had occasion to use them once when I had a flat on my way to a hospital appointment. Totally useless, no response to my call for assistance, phone rang for ages....:sniper:

Subsequently, I switched to RAC by virtue of an offer on a price-comparison website - £50 for the complete package inc HomeStart. I've had to call on two occasions, one for a broken spring and the other a Battery which died suddenly [as they seem to now? :wallbash:]. Bein:thumbsup:g up near the moon we tend to get 'contracted garages' and not an RAC/AA van, but they arrived quickly and sorted things efficiently.  Renewal's just come in at £64+ shrapnel so done for another 12 months!  

8 hours ago, ikeja said:

Thanks for the comments. Out of interest, the cheapest quote including roadside assistance, uk recovery, home start and misfuel came to £60 from National Breakdown. Similar from AA was £110. Adrian Flux came in at £99.

Lexus cover, including Europe is £155.

I have some thinking to do.

Don't forget that Lexus cover two people (Lexus owner and partner) driving any car (doesn't have to be a Lexus) and so if you have a partner who has a car covers them as well. If you are single then unless you drive in Europe others will probably be cheaper. 

I'm with GEM Motoring Assist, Joint cover for myself and my wife on their recovery extra package for £129 a year.

Was with the AA after being hoodwinked in for a very low price ( I forget what it was initially) after the first year I ended up paying around £38 per month.

I havent had to call GEM for assistance yet so I can't comment on the service they give but its peace of mind for us. They cover cars of any age too so no problem there either.   

1 hour ago, Neilo said:

I'm with GEM Motoring Assist, Joint cover for myself and my wife on their recovery extra package for £129 a year.

Was with the AA after being hoodwinked in for a very low price ( I forget what it was initially) after the first year I ended up paying around £38 per month.

I havent had to call GEM for assistance yet so I can't comment on the service they give but its peace of mind for us. They cover cars of any age too so no problem there either.   

I used to be with GEM with a previous car but they didn't cover trailers and as I needed to tow a sailing dinghy had to change at the time. May have changed.kw but if you tow anything double check T&Cs

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links