Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got one, at last.

After a wait of a year and nine days ( Was told six months) and a battle to find insurance, I am now driving a delightful NX 450. Pick it up this morning. Not much driving yet but Monday we will be driving from London to Dorset so we try and give a review then. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

After a wait of a year and nine days ( Was told six months) and a battle to find insurance, I am now driving a delightful NX 450. Pick it up this morning. Not much driving yet but Monday we will be driving from London to Dorset so we try and give a review then. 

Congratulations! Collected my F sport earlier this last week after a 5 month wait (I was lucky). So much to learn but so far v impressed. My insurance doubled compared to my previous NX300h, and whilst I expected it to be higher, that was a surprise. Did you struggle getting insurance? I'm wondering if some of the recent thefts of RX and the odd NX have suddenly increased the risk profile of Lexus cars across the board...

• Like 2

On changing from my NX300h to my current NX450h in March 2022 the insurance premium was only marginally increased. It has risen again this year but not anything like double. I pay £348 fully comp for 2 drivers, 12000 miles per annum, protected NCD etc with Aviva.

• Thanks 1

Sadly a London postcode and two claims in five years ( one claim the insurer did not do something in time, paid me compensation but add it as my fault).c£600 for my nx350 to £1400 for the nx450.  Local council upped parking fee and of course the government will be wanting over £500 in road tax in a year for driving a more environmentally friendly car. 

3 hours ago, Ken R said:

On changing from my NX300h to my current NX450h in March 2022 the insurance premium was only marginally increased. It has risen again this year but not anything like double. I pay £348 fully comp for 2 drivers, 12000 miles per annum, protected NCD etc with Aviva.

I have a similar cover with Aviva (8000 miles pa) and when I switched from the NX300h to my nX450h in June 23 the premium went up to £465 pa

the 3 major factors on premium  (after NCD) are post code, age and occupation and retired is not one of the better occupations !

I noticed that after changing to retired last year it didn't help my premiums. You would think that doing less miles and not driving at peak times would drop the premium.

7 hours ago, HMT said:

I have a similar cover with Aviva (8000 miles pa) and when I switched from the NX300h to my nX450h in June 23 the premium went up to £465 pa

the 3 major factors on premium  (after NCD) are post code, age and occupation and retired is not one of the better occupations !

Yes I agree as also retired albeit early. Interestingly I returned to the world of work for 4 months in an Interim CEO role, informed Aviva that I would require business use cover etc and they updated the cover at no additional charge!

50 minutes ago, robby666 said:

I noticed that after changing to retired last year it didn't help my premiums. You would think that doing less miles and not driving at peak times would drop the premium.

Ah yes, but now you've moved into another category Robby as statistically the older you get the more likely you are to have an accident!

It's a lose-lose I'm afraid 🙄 . Sad but true 🤷‍♂️ .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Ah yes, but now you've moved into another category Robby as statistically the older you get the more likely you are to have an accident!

It's a lose-lose I'm afraid 🙄 . Sad but true 🤷‍♂️ .

Jeus I'm only 58. what happens to the premium when i'm in my 70's.

• Haha 2

Insurance works in mysterious ways - I increased my Voluntary Excess and the premium increased! Needless to say I then kept the VE at the previous level.

• Like 2

Whilst I haven't done any research recently, I did look into what the insurance premiums would roughly be at the start of this year. It was just to give me a 'ballpark' idea really. My current insurer said I’d be looking at about £100 per year more than what they insure me with the UX. A couple of others I tried were similar to that increased figure too - give or take £10 either way. This was before all the canbus theft business flared up though, so I suspect I’ll be looking at higher figures now. I'm quite happy to stick to my existing insurer if they’re close to others. 

My father retired six years ago (he’s 71 next month) and he's now paying about £60 more than he did shortly after retiring. He's now at the age where his premiums are rising again. To counter act that since he retired, he's reduced his annual mileage allowance twice and, of course, removed work-commuting from his cover. He could, in theory, drop his mileage allowance again by another 1000 miles but then that would be cutting it really fine. It would leave him with virtually no 'wiggle room'.

On 7/2/2023 at 6:48 PM, robby666 said:

Jeus I'm only 58. what happens to the premium when i'm in my 70's.

My 91 year old next door neighbour is a sprightly chap. He still plays golf, crown green bowling, and is still fit and physically active.

Purely because of his age, his premium went to £1,478 for a small Peugeot 107.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links