Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H 4th Gen F Sport VS Premier

Hi All,

im considering a 2016 4th RX450H, never had any of the previous generations, so need some help to make an informed decision.

I’ve looked at NX300H,Q5,X3 but appeal is more on the spaciousness of an RX450H. 

SPEC

Can anyone advise if I should go for FSport or Premier?

FUEL/MAINTENANCE 

What is the mpg like? Is it costly to run with a fam of 4? We do around 8-12k miles a year a lot local town.

What’s maintenance like??

We currently have a 2014 plate Jazz 1.4 hybrid so I’m not comparing to that but it’s returning 44mpg, but it’s getting smaller as kids are growing?

ALTERNATIVES

honda civic I-dtec 2018 auto? Or any suggestions of a better performing suv

BUDGET

20-25k - cheaper always better 🙂

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Adz11 said:

Can anyone advise if I should go for FSport or Premier?

Premier was the top of the range so will have every option, FSport was available with a wide range of options so check the exact spec carefully.

Last week I did a 500 mile round trip (mainly motorway cruise set to 70) and averaged 43 mpg which I think is pretty impressive.

Maintenance is reasonable, 10,000 / 1-year service plus you get the Relax warranty thrown in, I have had zero issues with mine.

Be aware of the Can Bus theft issue, but there is a modification for this available from Lexus.

• Like 1

Ride is smoother on a premier but the F sport looks better IMO. 

The seats are different too. Worth having a test drive. Hasn't needed any repairs apart from a worn bearing. Mpg I get is around 30mpg short trips around town and about 35mpg on a run

@Spock6643mpg wow that’s impressive, what do you get on local?

Is it the keyless entry that is known for theft ie in premier spec?

@rayaans Is the ride noticeable on F-Sport vs Premier a lot or can the F-Sport adaptive suspension adjust so it’s comfy?

I like the F-Sport it definitely is a looker in my opinion. But if the ride is harsh I’d be open to premier and the extra goodies it comes with….

Most F-Sport I’ve seen come with 3 buttons on side without heated steering,HUD and one other option I think it’s the camera.

24 minutes ago, Adz11 said:

43mpg wow that’s impressive, what do you get on local?

Overall long-term average I get is around 35 mpg.

All the 4th Gen are keyless, you can either get a Faraday cage or can be disabled.  Can Bus theft is a different issue, plenty of posts on the forum.

15 hours ago, Adz11 said:

@Spock6643mpg wow that’s impressive, what do you get on local?

@rayaans Is the ride noticeable on F-Sport vs Premier a lot or can the F-Sport adaptive suspension adjust so it’s comfy?

I like the F-Sport it definitely is a looker in my opinion. But if the ride is harsh I’d be open to premier and the extra goodies it comes with….

Most F-Sport I’ve seen come with 3 buttons on side without heated steering,HUD and one other option I think it’s the camera.

It's harsher and noticeable but I don't think it's too bad. Drive them for sure before purchase

On 7/29/2023 at 1:55 PM, Spock66 said:

Premier was the top of the range so will have every option, FSport was available with a wide range of options so check the exact spec carefully.

Last week I did a 500 mile round trip (mainly motorway cruise set to 70) and averaged 43 mpg which I think is pretty impressive.

Maintenance is reasonable, 10,000 / 1-year service plus you get the Relax warranty thrown in, I have had zero issues with mine.

Be aware of the Can Bus theft issue, but there is a modification for this available from Lexus.

Unless you were going down a hill most of the time or you had strong wind from behind I highly doubt it can go as high as 43mpg especially at 70mph. Probably at around 55-60mph maybe. 

Btw the speedometer in Lexuses always shows less with about 3 to 6mph. So if you re on the speed lane with cruise control at 70mph and you have someone flashing you from behind, now you know why. 

To answer the question Premier vs F Sport, i d choose F Sport every day (but with the premium pack that includes Mark Levinson, 360 camera, HUD and heated steering wheel) 

Premier looks too….oldish. If you have the money for a facelift Takumi, that’s another story. 

A Honda Civic was mentioned as an alternative but even the NX is well above that.  An RX would be above Honda CRV yet alone a Civic.  A Mitsubishi Outlander could be an alternative, particularly if your Journeys are generally short, although people with a Lexus who have mentioned them on here don't seem very impressed and I understand Mitsubishi have either pulled out of the UK market or are in the process of doing so.  Really depends on how high  a bar you want to go for 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

A Honda Civic was mentioned as an alternative but even the NX is well above that.  An RX would be above Honda CRV yet alone a Civic.  A Mitsubishi Outlander could be an alternative, particularly if your Journeys are generally short, although people with a Lexus who have mentioned them on here don't seem very impressed and I understand Mitsubishi have either pulled out of the UK market or are in the process of doing so.  Really depends on how high  a bar you want to go for 

None of these models compares with an RX. In fact very few SUVs can compare with an RX Premier or F Sport. Yes it doesn’t drive as sharp as other and you might have some cheap plastics here and there but considering the value for money it’s a no brainer or it least it used to be before they started to steal them like crazy and the insurance premiums went to the sky. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, John Walker said:

None of these models compares with an RX. In fact very few SUVs can compare with an RX Premier or F Sport. Yes it doesn’t drive as sharp as other and you might have some cheap plastics here and there but considering the value for money it’s a no brainer or it least it used to be before they started to steal them like crazy and the insurance premiums went to the sky. 

The RX isn't for throwing in to corners or racing along country roads, it a calm drive, "wafting along" I some reviewers say.  Just amble along in your own time, in comfort, enjoy the ride.  Thats my thoughts anyway

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, Sybaris said:

The RX isn't for throwing in to corners or racing along country roads, it a calm drive, "wafting along" I some reviewers say.  Just amble along in your own time, in comfort, enjoy the ride.  Thats my thoughts anyway

However if you have an F Sport with some sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4s/ 5 tyres you can still have fun on a country road. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links