Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wipers not clearing RHS

Ok, so went out in the heavy rain today and wipers were working hard. I noticed that when they swipe to the far right, they are about 3 inches (75 mm for the younger ones) short of the drivers pillar (as per video) which would create a wide no clearing zone if the windscreen was  very dirty / mud / snow / ice etc 

So is this normal on the new NX? Has anyone else noticed this? 

That's not normal but easy to fix. Normally the wiper should be parallel to the a pillar usually about an inch away.

Just needs the wiper arm removing from the splines and adjusting. 

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

That's not normal but easy to fix. Normally the wiper should be parallel to the a pillar usually about an inch away.

Just needs the wiper arm removing from the splines and adjusting. 

I used to do that myself in the 80's when I had a mini !

I will call my Lexus dealer and see if they can sort it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imgo said:

I used to do that myself in the 80's when I had a mini !

I will call my Lexus dealer and see if they can sort it.

I mean if you don't want to go to the dealer, say it's 1 hour away you can still do it. Won't be difficult at all 

I know I could do it myself, have the tools and knowledge etc, used to do all my own car maintenance years ago, brakes, clutch, cylinder heads, engine swaps etc. But now I leave it all to Lexus, luckily for me I live 4 miles from one dealership and I work 2 miles from another.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I find it hard to believe it would leave the factory with incorrectly set wipers?  I'd say that's as designed ...

My 450h wipers are just the same. I thought it was strange they didn't clear the screen to the right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I find it hard to believe it would leave the factory with incorrectly set wipers?  I'd say that's as designed ...

I’d agree that it would be a poor piece of quality control to let that pass if it was an error.  And yet even in Japan that would leave a small unswept area in front of the driver.  So it’s equally hard to believe that it’s intentional.

With such a new car I would certainly give the problem back to the Dealer.  It may seem potentially just a minor adjustment, but any resulting damage or unforeseen consequences will only create bigger problems later on!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Turned up at dealer this morning for 2nd key appointment only to be told they have none with no eta. So instead they have adjusted my wipers while I have a nice coffee and biscuits. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links