Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 16 months it’s finally here - NX350h Takumi

Some good news, folks. Just to confirm that my sixteen month wait was finally brought to a close today.  

Just for those who are curious, here it is:

Exterior.thumb.jpg.7c28800f7bf47c484b5956fce3746cb4.jpgInterior.thumb.jpg.2540d3011277d209dfc2c77af55d5d49.jpg

Normally on 'new car day' I'm very happy, 'full of beans' and on top of the moon. I can truthfully say that this is the first time in many years of new car collections, I’ve never felt so 'care free' about it all. I'm annoyed if anything. It really has beaten me, this one... Again, if there's any genuine emotion coming through - it really is just 'relief'. 

As explained in the '2023 Delivery Date' thread, I don't know when it was built, I don't know what ship it was on and I don't know when it arrived in the UK. It was just built 'at some point' randomly in June (even that’s debateable) and then just 'materialised' at the dealers nine/ten days ago. That's all I know about it. It's a complete unknown otherwise.  

I'm unsure whether a review at this stage is necessary as I respect 'everyone and their dog' have had their NX's (from first half of 2022 orders - even sometimes more recent) for many months already - so I'm unlikely to go to that length as people's interest will have waned. You all know what the script is with them already and I certainly don't want to waste my own time or yours. It's just a case for me to play ‘catch up’ with a MY24 car which technically I didn't order.

I know many have said "you’ll enjoy it when it arrives" and phrases to that extent. Well...only time will tell. I've literally just driven it back from the dealer within the last few hours, parked up, took a few quick pictures and walked away. 'Enjoying' it really isn't a sentiment I can share at this moment in time. Time is a good healer though. Let's just wait and see. True, it's a car that may be worth waiting six months for, possibly twelve... But 16? Plus, with little sympathy for the extended wait or the trouble this has caused. After all, it's no better than any other NX out there, is it? 

As many other NX owners have already experienced upon collection - there's no locking wheel nuts, no second key (just a spare 'key blade' for now - which I've been told to literally protect with my life) and no instruction manual. No estimated dates given for either the locking wheel nuts or second key, either. A mere shrug of the shoulders and told it could take "up to a year". 🤷‍♂️

<Takes a deep breath> “Pppppppffffffffffffff................” 😣

• Like 6

I mean it doesnt sound all that bad, atleast it turned up. 

Surprised you havent put 300 miles on it already

19 years ago when I bought my first RX i didnt know when it was built and when it was coming - it just turned up. 

in 2023 our VW Golf turned up 18 months after the expected date of delivery - seems to be a common thing now

• Like 2

Car looks great. 😀

I know what you mean about the delay and lack of information "taking the shine off things" but at least you finally have it.

I "think" that my car is in the UK so hopefully I will get mine soon.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gary H said:

Some good news, folks. Just to confirm that my sixteen month wait was finally brought to a close today.  

Just for those who are curious, here it is:

Exterior.thumb.jpg.7c28800f7bf47c484b5956fce3746cb4.jpgInterior.thumb.jpg.2540d3011277d209dfc2c77af55d5d49.jpg

Normally on 'new car day' I'm very happy, 'full of beans' and on top of the moon. I can truthfully say that this is the first time in many years of new car collections, I’ve never felt so 'care free' about it all. I'm annoyed if anything. It really has beaten me, this one... Again, if there's any genuine emotion coming through - it really is just 'relief'. 

As explained in the '2023 Delivery Date' thread, I don't know when it was built, I don't know what ship it was on and I don't know when it arrived in the UK. It was just built 'at some point' randomly in June (even that’s debateable) and then just 'materialised' at the dealers nine/ten days ago. That's all I know about it. It's a complete unknown otherwise.  

I'm unsure whether a review at this stage is necessary as I respect 'everyone and their dog' have had their NX's (from first half of 2022 orders - even sometimes more recent) for many months already - so I'm unlikely to go to that length as people's interest will have waned. You all know what the script is with them already and I certainly don't want to waste my own time or yours. It's just a case for me to play ‘catch up’ with a MY24 car which technically I didn't order.

I know many have said "you’ll enjoy it when it arrives" and phrases to that extent. Well...only time will tell. I've literally just driven it back from the dealer within the last few hours, parked up, took a few quick pictures and walked away. 'Enjoying' it really isn't a sentiment I can share at this moment in time. Time is a good healer though. Let's just wait and see. True, it's a car that may be worth waiting six months for, possibly twelve... But 16? Plus, with little sympathy for the extended wait or the trouble this has caused. After all, it's no better than any other NX out there, is it? 

As many other NX owners have already experienced upon collection - there's no locking wheel nuts, no second key (just a spare 'key blade' for now - which I've been told to literally protect with my life) and no instruction manual. No estimated dates given for either the locking wheel nuts or second key, either. A mere shrug of the shoulders and told it could take "up to a year". 🤷‍♂️

<Takes a deep breath> “Pppppppffffffffffffff................” 😣

Many Many Huge Congratulations On This most wonderful piece of Driving KIT.......And i simply ADORE the Colour AND so What it didnt come with this or that It came with the car Gary..And that's the Main Thing..You will be the Envy of your Street i have no Doubt..!!!!!! As For the Delivery Time There are Two Types of Transport From China And unfortunately You Didnt get The Fast Boat Gary.. BUT ITS HERE NOW Get out there Lad and enjoy AMAZING...Cheers.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Your response, Gary, is interesting. Whenever I have bought a "newish" car, my expectations are high and I have sometimes been a little disappointed. When I have bought an older car, I have zero expectations and that has usually been very surprisingly good!

You do need to own a Lexus for a few months before you fully appreciate their worth.

I love the colour combination. Please keep us all informed how you are finding the car.

Congratulations on being soooooooo..... patient!

• Like 1

Enjoy your lovely car, great colours(Snap). And you’re got a 73 plate  which gives you a full 6 months of new car, I only got two months of new car and now it’s an old car.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well done getting your brand new 73 plate today ...  I have seen a few non-Lexus on the road already today ....  of course much inferior cars tho'

.............. for what it's worth my " new to me " 73 plate car last Wednesday week was J 73 PBX  .  I hadn't appreciated the significance of that " 73 " marker till now

Enjoy the car, she looks brilliant

Malc

• Like 2

Thank you for all your comments so far, folks. I do appreciate them. I didn’t really want to comment further on this thread until I had the car for a week and taken some time to reflect - so apologies for the delay in responding back. I could have said a lot more in my opening post and I admit what I did post was the ‘toned down’ version. I did actually remove quite a bit from it before hitting the post button because after I read it back to myself, it did turn into a bonafide moan. More so than just about anything I ever posted over on the ‘2023 Delivery Date’ thread! 

I literally drove it back from the dealer on collection day and that was it. The collection experience... Yeah... Let’s just say it would have been better if I was just given the key by the receptionist and sent on my way. I never did go back to it until the following day until I put my own things in it as I was at 'bubbling point' by the time I got back home. As things stand, I’m up to 268 miles. With just one exception, I’ve basically just used it to go back and forth to work as if it were a courtesy car. 

At this point, it really is just "an car" to me. It’s not that I don't like it. Far from it. It's a very good car. It's just the whole poor experience right from ordering up to and including collection really has put a dark cloud over the whole thing for me. It serves as a reminder of Lexus incompetence (something I’d never thought I’d say) and no customer service with new vehicle sales. Not to mention no manual means I’m frustrating myself trying to find out how things work by pressing random buttons and seeing what happens. I don’t think those who ‘only’ had to wait up to a year to get their identical cars (and/or given more priority) quite realise just how chronic some fellow customers have had it with the NX ordering process. Even now, with missing bits such as second keys and locking wheel nuts (with no idea how or when they’ll turn up) - it just adds insult to injury. I appreciate that may sound harsh to some and I respect that. I can only be honest with how I feel. 

I’m really struggling to justify the ‘premium waiting time’ with my NX over other NX’s. Is the Terrane Khaki paintwork any different than others? Is the Hazel interior or any other fixtures/fittings any better? Is the engine/transmission any better? So, what exactly makes this particular car worth those extra months?  

As the saying goes, time is a great healer and my mood may change going forward. I really, really hope it does. Lets just wait and see.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions over where I can purchase some locking wheel nuts without involving Lexus (so I might actually get somewhere), please feel free to let me know. Then there’s just the issue of getting the second key which I don’t know how I’m going to get around. At that point, I can then decide whether to keep the car or cut all these troubles and move to another manufacturer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Thank you for all your comments so far, folks. I do appreciate them. I didn’t really want to comment further on this thread until I had the car for a week and taken some time to reflect - so apologies for the delay in responding back. I could have said a lot more in my opening post and I admit what I did post was the ‘toned down’ version. I did actually remove quite a bit from it before hitting the post button because after I read it back to myself, it did turn into a bonafide moan. More so than just about anything I ever posted over on the ‘2023 Delivery Date’ thread! 

I literally drove it back from the dealer on collection day and that was it. The collection experience... Yeah... Let’s just say it would have been better if I was just given the key by the receptionist and sent on my way. I never did go back to it until the following day until I put my own things in it as I was at 'bubbling point' by the time I got back home. As things stand, I’m up to 268 miles. With just one exception, I’ve basically just used it to go back and forth to work as if it were a courtesy car. 

At this point, it really is just "an car" to me. It’s not that I don't like it. Far from it. It's a very good car. It's just the whole poor experience right from ordering up to and including collection really has put a dark cloud over the whole thing for me. It serves as a reminder of Lexus incompetence (something I’d never thought I’d say) and no customer service with new vehicle sales. Not to mention no manual means I’m frustrating myself trying to find out how things work by pressing random buttons and seeing what happens. I don’t think those who ‘only’ had to wait up to a year to get their identical cars (and/or given more priority) quite realise just how chronic some fellow customers have had it with the NX ordering process. Even now, with missing bits such as second keys and locking wheel nuts (with no idea how or when they’ll turn up) - it just adds insult to injury. I appreciate that may sound harsh to some and I respect that. I can only be honest with how I feel. 

I’m really struggling to justify the ‘premium waiting time’ with my NX over other NX’s. Is the Terrane Khaki paintwork any different than others? Is the Hazel interior or any other fixtures/fittings any better? Is the engine/transmission any better? So, what exactly makes this particular car worth those extra months?  

As the saying goes, time is a great healer and my mood may change going forward. I really, really hope it does. Lets just wait and see.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions over where I can purchase some locking wheel nuts without involving Lexus (so I might actually get somewhere), please feel free to let me know. Then there’s just the issue of getting the second key which I don’t know how I’m going to get around. At that point, I can then decide whether to keep the car or cut all these troubles and move to another manufacturer.

"Ten soldiers wisely LED can overcome 100 without a head", Euripides 

When I read comments from people like your good self who has laid out good money I am reminded of this ancient Greek observation on life. Just look at the competitive landscape and you get this nagging feeling we are mired in latent emotional fondness. Bit like refusing to accept your dear Mama was not the best cook in the entire world 😎

Don’t understand the delay with locking wheel nuts. Plenty in eBay or in stock at Lexus Parts Direct

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-chrome-wheel-lock-nut-set/

A proactive dealer could source some and fit themselves

Enjoy the car, great colour choice  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links