Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Notifications in Link+ App

Today I received the following notification in the Lexus Link+ app

The question I have is how / where do I look in the app  for more details ?

IMG_0795.jpeg

• Like 1

If you open the app there are a number of symbols across the foot of the page. Click on the bell symbol and any notifications will be listed here. It could just be that the doors are unlocked etc.

24 minutes ago, Ken R said:

If you open the app there are a number of symbols across the foot of the page. Click on the bell symbol and any notifications will be listed here. It could just be that the doors are unlocked etc.

Ken, this message is from pressing the bell symbol.

Got the notification , went into app, pressed the bell symbol and this is the message / notification .

I am trying to find out where I look (check)  for more details as it states

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HMT said:

Ken, this message is from pressing the bell symbol.

Got the notification , went into app, pressed the bell symbol and this is the message / notification .

I am trying to find out where I look (check)  for more details as it states

Apologies Harry. Have you tried clicking on vehicle status as this may give further information on what these alerts are referring to?

5 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Apologies Harry. Have you tried clicking on vehicle status as this may give further information on what these alerts are referring to?

Yes been on every page, signed out and back in, and tried to refresh each page, even tried the Lexus portal - it said to look at the app.!
maybe just anther blip on the new app ?  Car is ok - no warning messages  or symbols and all locked up

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BillSt said:

The new app seems worse than useless. All mine gives is error messages

Still have issues with this app

Lexus should either put a lot of effort into getting this up to a reasonable standard or allow us to go back to the old app

• Like 3

I had something bizarre on my app for the first couple of days - which fortunately seems to have cleared itself since. 

Apparently, my car was due it's 'service and maintenance' with only six miles on the clock - warning me with the red triangle and exclamation mark. That remained the case for the first 100/120 miles or so. 

Also, for the first few days it was claiming random doors were unlocked - such as the boot lid and nearside front passenger door for example...whilst the whole car was locked. 🤔 Fortunately, this also managed to clear itself up.

I generally didn't use the original Lexus Link when I had my UX (it took me almost three years for it to hook up to the car as I just couldn't figure it out...) and the newer Lexus Link+ isn't something which I'll be using with my NX. Each to their own of course and it does show some decent stats, but it seems a bit 'gimmicky' to me. 

• Like 2

I picked up my car mid June this year and it went back to the dealer on 1st August for the second key to be cloned plus a software update for the forward recognition camera. Now when I look at service details in the app it says next service due 1st August 2024 instead of 15th June 2024. Messy!

28 minutes ago, BillSt said:

New version of IOS app out this morning. Android app may have been updated as well.

Cannot see any improvements.  Trip history is still only for rolling month.  Car location is about 2 - 300 yards away in next street .

will try getting update info while on charge tomorrow - up till now just get ERROR try again later

I did send email to Lexus regarding the loss of trip info - got reply yesterday that all trips are available !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HMT said:

Cannot see any improvements.  Trip history is still only for rolling month.  Car location is about 2 - 300 yards away in next street .

will try getting update info while on charge tomorrow - up till now just get ERROR try again later

I did send email to Lexus regarding the loss of trip info - got reply yesterday that all trips are available !

I have just started to get this info - and same errors. Have been in constant touch with Lexus U.K. today sending them screenshots. 
They are working on it but I am travelling tomorrow so won’t be able to keep in touch.

Have not had the car for a month, so don’t know how long trip history will be.

• Like 2

I think a lot of the issues I'm seeing can be explained by a flakey data connection to the car, sometimes the app just doesn't update for hours. Since I live in an area with very good mobile phone connection it can't be the problem. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BillSt said:

Interesting that the above screenshot shows 2023 NX.

Mine shows 2021.

The car is supposed to be a 2024 model according to the dealer. I wish it was not!

IMG_6480.png

Yes very strange, assume is a blip in the app? Cannot see any dealer trying to pass off a 21 as a 24.  Have you tried clicking on the My Garage banner at the top of first screen ?  On mine it shows MY24 as part of the cars description

4 hours ago, HMT said:

Yes very strange, assume is a blip in the app? Cannot see any dealer trying to pass off a 21 as a 24.  Have you tried clicking on the My Garage banner at the top of first screen ?  On mine it shows MY24 as part of the cars description

Mine's the same (MY 23)....I believe it refers to the 2021 NG NX (new generation introduction date) as a standard label. Not referencing the actual model year of the vehicle.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e7db35395d33a6ca5a2ab0038943616.jpeg

Car location is much better today  - shows exactly where it is.

still getting the same error message when trying to check on charging progress

IMG_0804.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links