Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark Levinson - speaker locations & Lexus Link+ app query

Hi Guys

Just taken delivery of my new NX450h+ Takumi this week. The Spec states that it is equipped with a 17 speaker Mark Levinson system. In my previous NX the speakers and dash were badged with the ML logo etc. My new car does not have any badging for ML at all? Also I can only count 9 potential speaker pods, three on the dash, one on each front door and two on each rear door. Anyone know how this 17 speaker configuration is achieved please? I just want to make sure that I have the correct set up.

Also the new Lexus link+ app thinks that my new car is still my 2021 NX Takumi even though the VIN shown is correct for my new vehicle anyone else having or had this experience and is there a fix? I have spoken to my dealer and they are aware of the app issue (no solution given), but not the ML speaker situation. Might just be me being a bit picky, but these cars aren't cheap.

1 hour ago, Mike100C said:

Hi Guys

Just taken delivery of my new NX450h+ Takumi this week. The Spec states that it is equipped with a 17 speaker Mark Levinson system. In my previous NX the speakers and dash were badged with the ML logo etc. My new car does not have any badging for ML at all? Also I can only count 9 potential speaker pods, three on the dash, one on each front door and two on each rear door. Anyone know how this 17 speaker configuration is achieved please? I just want to make sure that I have the correct set up.

Also the new Lexus link+ app thinks that my new car is still my 2021 NX Takumi even though the VIN shown is correct for my new vehicle anyone else having or had this experience and is there a fix? I have spoken to my dealer and they are aware of the app issue (no solution given), but not the ML speaker situation. Might just be me being a bit picky, but these cars aren't cheap.

To be honest, I didn't think the NX450+ Takumi plug in had Mark Levison fitted. Mine which I bought last March and sold this June certainly didn't have it.  Unless of course they have changed  model year 23 to now have it. I stand to be corrected

1 hour ago, Mike100C said:

Hi Guys

Last year the ML system was not available at all on the NX 450 Takumi, then later Lexus changed it to be available as an additional extra then later still changed the spec again, so it depends what the spec was at the time of order as to what you should have received . Or another alternative is that if ML was part of the std spec at order time, is the car you got built for your order or has your dealer got you a car that matched your basic spec earlier for delivery  

1 hour ago, DavidCM said:

Take a look at the ML website.They show the locations of all the speakers,model by model.Some of the speakers are "double" speakers.

Thanks David I will do that. Seems that I now have a further query with the dealer in terms of what is the actual spec of car that they have delivered. 

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

To be honest, I didn't think the NX450+ Takumi plug in had Mark Levison fitted. Mine which I bought last March and sold this June certainly didn't have it.  Unless of course they have changed  model year 23 to now have it. I stand to be corrected

47 minutes ago, HMT said:

Last year the ML system was not available at all on the NX 450 Takumi, then later Lexus changed it to be available as an additional extra then later still changed the spec again, so it depends what the spec was at the time of order as to what you should have received . Or another alternative is that if ML was part of the std spec at order time, is the car you got built for your order or has your dealer got you a car that matched your basic spec earlier for delivery  

Hi guys, I'm now having a "discussion" with my dealer ref the ML system, the attached shows what I thought I had ordered. Speakers A & C are dual cone - hence the total of 17.

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.54.15.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 12.51.09.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike100C said:

In my previous NX the speakers and dash were badged with the ML logo etc. My new car does not have any badging for ML at all?

The ML systems still have badges on the door speakers:

image.thumb.png.eb49fb52b409d73f5266ef78cfe60dcf.png

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303155257540

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links