Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Been forced to sell my is250 due to son learning to drive so need to downgrade. Best car ever owned since 2016 no issues not been on here for a while 

Is this because it’s an auto and he needs to take his test on a manual?

I am sure instructor car can be arranged for the test, as for learning to drive and just getting the experience IS250 is decent car. My girlfriend learned on my IS250 back in the day, funny enough she could not get learner insurance on GS300 for some reason (not that it would be most suitable car for learning anyway).

I think the answer lies in word "SON"... meaning your male adult being shafted by insurance companies, would it be daughter I am sure insurance would be cheap as chips.

Well obviously loads of speculations here... I just think IS250 isn't bad first car or the one to learn to drive in... perhaps person would get a little bit spoiled as one can quickly get used to such a great car!

Yeh didn't want to sell it as best car owned but didn't drive it alot as got my taxi but when drove it enjoyed it . wife not happy either but  can't afford another car but he is  learning in a manual as all boys want plus insurance will shaft you if did automatic. Once pass his test will buy another one 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

plus insurance will shaft you if did automatic. 

I think that is opposite nowadays, automatics are more likely to be cheaper. 

Whenever you have automatic only license, that is different story - I think it is true that people that have automatic only may have to pay a little bit more for insurance (but tiny amount)... yet automatic cars tends to be cheaper to insure than manuals. 

The only reason automatic may be more expensive to insure is if the car itself is more expensive... Like in the case of IS250 - manual car is only worth £1500-£2500, whereas automatic is £3500+ so yes, insurance is likely to be more expensive on more valuable car a little bit.

Although you probably right in general - IS250 would be expensive car to insure for young driver, because Brits are just weird and consider IS250 "large and powerful" car. When I got mine in UK my first insurance was like £2600 and I was already 25 with nearly 9 years of experience.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Although you probably right in general - IS250 would be expensive car to insure for young driver, because Brits are just weird and consider IS250 "large and powerful" car. When I got mine in UK my first insurance was like £2600 and I was already 25 with nearly 9 years of experience.

I was talking to friends and family about buying a Skyline R33 GTST (5 seats as i have kids) everyone was giving me **** because it's a sporty car with giant engine... Now i own an IS250 and they're happy as it's a "sensible luxury car" It's got a bigger engine and still RWD with 5 seats. The Skyline would've been no different and even had all the modcons the IS250 has (Maybe not cruise control).  

Kicking myself right now for never buying that Skyline... I was going to buy one for £2,500 which came with lots of extras.... That same car recently sold for £17,000 (I found it on eBay while dream searching)

Not quite sure R33 GTST has all the same modcons as IS250, not even R34 GTT... but I give you that - their values were amazing...

On the stories off the cars we have missed because of stupid culture and insurance... On of the very first cars I quoted the insurance for in was Surpa... as it happens neighbour had ones for sale for £3000, but because he already told me about all the issues I knew I could get it for no more than £2000. It was TT, but auto, hat a little bit dodgy wiring because of early '00s immobilisers, but for 19 years old me it was very cool that you can remote start it and that it had most ridiculous blow-off valve. The car was "ropey" thinking about it now, but black with what may or may not be original Veilside body kit (highly likely original, poorly fitted as it suppose to be for the period). But if memory serves only 38,000 miles. 

Anyhow... insurance for that thing was £36,000 (that is a year just in case anyone is in doubt). So that is where my dreams ended.

It is very unlikely I would have kept that car until now, but nowadays Supra in any condition is like £15,000+... the real TT2J £25,000+... at least it wasn't manual as that would really hurt!

On 10/12/2023 at 8:11 PM, Linas.P said:

It is very unlikely I would have kept that car until now, but nowadays Supra in any condition is like £15,000+... the real TT2J £25,000+... at least it wasn't manual as that would really hurt!

try adding extra 10k on both figures.. NA Autos are selling for ~20k. TT autos are 35ish and TT manuals are almost 50k lol.. I blame fast and furious! All of us growing up on those films wanted a piece of the JDM history and now the demand is crazy.

I really wanted to buy a Supra (even NA Auto) when i was 17-18.. they were around 3k back then. 11 years ago! Insurance said no. But yeah, like anything else, I know i wouldn't of kept it for long enough to see some profit in it, but it would be nice to just to experience it for a bit, whereas now I made my peace with the fact ill never own one unless i win the lotto. 😄

Even my £450 V8 Soarer I bought 10 years ago is now worth £5000+ Prices have gone up 10x what they were 10 years ago on a lot of these JDM cars. RX7s, Skylines, Supras etc.. Your best savings accounts wouldn't generate that much cash haha.

I'll be selling my green is250 in the next couple of months to buy another JZX100 Mark II as even those have gone up by roughly 2k since this time last year. I wanted to buy my old one back, but found out it ended up in Poland and the guy wants £13k for it 😄 bonkers! He wouldnt of paid more than 7k for it and i only paid 5.2k.

And I'll most likely be buying another IS250 because what better daily to buy for under 2k 😄 that or GS300 but they seem to be in a rougher shape and a bit more crusty 

16 minutes ago, H3XME said:

try adding extra 10k on both figures.. NA Autos are selling for ~20k. TT autos are 35ish and TT manuals are almost 50k lol.. I blame fast and furious! All of us growing up on those films wanted a piece of the JDM history and now the demand is crazy.

The ones you talking about for £10k+ more are ones in good condition, I am talking about starting price i.e. as low as you can get one for. Besides I don't like heavily modified ones anyway with "fortunate spent on them", because usually that fortune is spent in poor taste in my opinion. So I rather take little bit tired stock car and do it for my self. 

I really wanted to buy a Supra (even NA Auto) when i was 17-18.. they were around 3k back then. 11 years ago! Insurance said no. But yeah, like anything else, I know i wouldn't of kept it for long enough to see some profit in it, but it would be nice to just to experience it for a bit, whereas now I made my peace with the fact ill never own one unless i win the lotto. 😄

Yep - the same, I nearly bought one, but insurance was £36,000 so that was non-starter.

or GS300 but they seem to be in a rougher shape and a bit more crusty 

Yeah don't know why - they seems to like to rust more. As well they feel rather dated compared to IS250. Had started my never ending non-runner IS250 last week and even in 5 minutes I was driving it from one parking spot to the other it felt like much more modern car, the reverse camera quality (which is trash) looked so crisp compared to GS... perspective does wonders!

GS mk3 really has more in common with mk3 LS, kind of "old ways of building cars" and mk2 IS is for better or worse is the direction Lexus took after 2006, just altogether more modern car. Again it has cons - the build quality is not the same, but it has pros - handling is much better, rust protection just seems to be better etc.

I really didn't think GS mk3 was pretty car, but to be fair it has grown on me since I got one, you can certainly live with one... ohh and don't let me start about the engine and what travesty is Lexus 8FARTS (like the one in RC200t)... why oh why they thought that is good idea. My 18 years old GS300 is a faster car as ridiculous as it sounds (7.2s vs 7.5s), it is more responsive because engine is NA, it sounds better, it is heavier, it has old 6-speed slushomatic yet is it much more responsive, lineal and predictable (does not hunt for gears even if a bit lazy in normal mode, but PWR totally solves that) and consider this - IT IS MORE ECONOMICAL! What?! my average now for over 6000 miles is 26MPG, get's easy 38MPG on motorway on E10, 33MPG on E85... whereas in RC200t I would struggle to get to 32MPG on E5 (back then pure petrol) and my average was barely 20MPG often seeing as low as 17-18MPG... worst tank so far on GS300 was 22MPG and that was basically during MOT and servicing period as it did a lot of idling and revving for emissions etc. Again just can't understand how Lexus regressed in 18 years from cars like GS300 and sweet, economical, powerful, good sounding V6 into failure like RC200t?!

4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Again just can't understand how Lexus regressed in 18 years from cars like GS300 and sweet, economical, powerful, good sounding V6 into failure like RC200t?!

Polar bears.. that's how. Backfired because it didn't sell well. I reckon we would see a lot more RCs on the road if they were available as RC350 in the UK or even 250 lol. still better than the 2.0l turbo.

• Like 1

Or simple RC300, but proper 3L V6 and not the stupid 2.0t like in US RC200t which is only called RC300. 

Polar bears or stupid policy - basically rigged emissions tests, because here is the fact - if car burns more fuel it is more polluting... I know it is oversimplifying, but assuming the car engine works as it suppose to, all the emissions equipment (like catalytic converters) are in place the car that burns 10L/100km will pollute more than one that burns 8L/100km. So no matter what fake emission tests says - 18 years old GS300 has LESS tailpipe emissions than few years old RC200t. Yes RC may be more "efficiently inefficient" i.e. maybe by burning 20% more fuel it causes only 15% more emissions, it still pollutes more than older car. The whole downsizing and turbocharging backfired horribly... it works well to fool the foolish tests, but on the road they pollute more. 

As you said, honestly even RC250 would be better car, even if horribly underpowered it would still be much smoother and fuel efficient and would sound at least decent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Or simple RC300, but proper 3L V6 and not the stupid 2.0t like in US RC200t which is only called RC300. 

Polar bears or stupid policy - basically rigged emissions tests, because here is the fact - if car burns more fuel it is more polluting... I know it is oversimplifying, but assuming the car engine works as it suppose to, all the emissions equipment (like catalytic converters) are in place the car that burns 10L/100km will pollute more than one that burns 8L/100km. So no matter what fake emission tests says - 18 years old GS300 has LESS tailpipe emissions than few years old RC200t. Yes RC may be more "efficiently inefficient" i.e. maybe by burning 20% more fuel it causes only 15% more emissions, it sell pollutes more than older car. The whole downsizing and turbocharging backfired horribly... it works well to fool the foolish tests, but on the road they pollute more. 

As you said honestly even RC250 would be better car, even if horribly underpowered it would still be much smoother and fuel efficient and would sound at least decent.

We might see the resurrection of ICE engines very soon. China is now going to be limiting export of some materials used to make batteries from 1st November. Germany is sueing EU about EV's being "0 emissions" when it isn't true. EV sales have been dropping increasingly everywhere.. They will realise soon they ****** up with this.

I would not be so hopeful - just look at what happened with "diesel gate", decades of wrong policy, they recognised it was wrong policy and nobody is accountable. The only people who were punished is the diesel owners who bought diesels because government said so and incentivised them to do so and now they are totally shafted as they can't enter the cities, I have even seen parkings that charge differently based on what fuel you running on and official emissions band e.g. you pay £1.80/h for lower band (say up-to 75g/co2) and £3.20/h for "band H" (like IS250 with under 225g/Co2), or £5.60h for diesel!

So I am really pessimistic about them doing right thing - sure they will change the policy, but I doubt it will be for the better. I know there is pushback for EVs, because they reached their market cap (which I have predicted years ago) and I am sure there will be further pushback on the dates and bans of ICE, but I am sure the environments, taxations and restrictions only going to increase in meantime. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I would not be so hopeful - just look at what happened with "diesel gate", decades of wrong policy, they recognised it was wrong policy and nobody is accountable. The only people who were punished is the diesel owners who bought diesels because government said so and incentivised them to do so and now they are totally shafted as they can't enter the cities, I have even seen parkings that charge differently based on what fuel you running on and official emissions band e.g. you pay £1.80/h for lower band (say up-to 75g/co2) and £3.20/h for "band H" (like IS250 with under 225g/Co2), or £5.60h for diesel!

That's retarded. How can you charge different amount based on your emissions when you're PARKED. Engine OFF. 🤣 fu*king extorsion

33 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

So I am really pessimistic about them doing right thing - sure they will change the policy, but I doubt it will be for the better. I know there is pushback for EVs, because they reached their market cap (which I have predicted years ago) and I am sure there will be further pushback on the dates and bans of ICE, but I am sure the environments, taxations and restrictions only going to increase in meantime. 

They aren't helping anything. They won't achieve anything other than revolution lol. People can't afford EVs. If you make it unaffordable to use our ICE cars then we can't get to work. And public transport excuse cannot be used because it's utter sh*te in England. Especially trains.

We'll just have to see... we could debate for days on this topic.

5 minutes ago, H3XME said:

That's retarded. How can you charge different amount based on your emissions when you're PARKED. Engine OFF. 🤣 fu*king extorsion

They aren't helping anything. They won't achieve anything other than revolution lol. People can't afford EVs. If you make it unaffordable to use our ICE cars then we can't get to work. And public transport excuse cannot be used because it's utter sh*te in England. Especially trains.

We'll just have to see... we could debate for days on this topic.

Agree - but because it is ultimately "implied contract" it is technically not illegal, and because there is acute shortage of parking boycotting it won't do, as a matter of fact that is what they want, car park still going to be full either way. So they just pricing out and "shadow banning" cars they don't like.

Either - revolt or dystopian future... I would not be betting on revolt, I am really disappointed in British public... yes you, me, maybe another 5 people in the country will revolt (like whatever called "blade runners" that destroys ULEZ cameras), but 90% will just get along with that. So I would give 9:1 odds for dystopian future where only select rich will be driving EVs and the rest will be walking, cycling or maybe using public transport when we are allowed and when it works. But for the rest of the time people will be allowed to only be where they are allowed to be and when they are allowed to be. No more personal freedoms and just driving where you want in your personal car, no - modern slaves don't deserve that.

Maybe I am overly pessimistic - as you said remains to be seen. 

7 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Either - revolt or dystopian future... I would not be betting on revolt, I am really disappointed in British public... yes you, me, maybe another 5 people in the country will revolt (like whatever called "blade runners" that destroys ULEZ cameras), but 90% will just get along with that. So I would give 9:1 odds for dystopian future where only select rich will be driving EVs and the rest will be walking, cycling or maybe using public transport when we are allowed and when it works. But for the rest of the time people will be allowed to only be where they are allowed to be and when they are allowed to be. No more personal freedoms and just driving where you want in your personal car, no - modern slaves don't deserve that.

Maybe I am overly pessimistic - as you said remains to be seen. 

Ven I become supreme ruler you may have as much personal freedom as I Iike.

• 3 months later...

Not been on here for a while and is250 still for sale as been Xmas and people looking for smaller cars due to tax fuel economy etc . people give u really stupid offers so still for sale ,sell when get sensible offers .72k 2009 fsh , just had mot pass without any advisories again.

1 hour ago, ahmedali44 said:

Not been on here for a while and is250 still for sale as been Xmas and people looking for smaller cars due to tax fuel economy etc . people give u really stupid offers so still for sale ,sell when get sensible offers .72k 2009 fsh , just had mot pass without any advisories again.

How much?

Hey Ifti ... 

The usual thread hijacking going on above I see, same old suspects, some just love talking among themselves 😆 .

Back on topic, every car has its price so there must be a good reason it's not selling 🤔 .

The used market's not great mind, on the slide some might say, but keep trying eh?

Is it on AutoTrader?  I don't see it on the 'Cars for Sale' Forum!?!  No details.

Makes me wonder, do you really want it sold? 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's advertised on Gumtree and Facebook.

A guy came on sat to view it liked it done deal for 4700 and asked if can drop it off on London and  he called Monday morning to confirm but stopped answering my phone .

He was a mechanic working in garage in South London so I decided to take drive there as told me name of garage. After calling him many times decided to call garage and to my shock no1 working here by that name . How weird was that as came waste his time on sat for over 1 hr. Trying to enjoy it as much as I can so not in hurry to sell it. Had lot of trader's interested offering trade prices and private ones making silly offers .  Road tax 395 and v6 engine so that's what ppl scared of 🤣🤣

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, ahmedali44 said:

It's advertised on Gumtree and Facebook.

A guy came on sat to view it liked it done deal for 4700 and asked if can drop it off on London and  he called Monday morning to confirm but stopped answering my phone .

He was a mechanic working in garage in South London so I decided to take drive there as told me name of garage. After calling him many times decided to call garage and to my shock no1 working here by that name . How weird was that as came waste his time on sat for over 1 hr. Trying to enjoy it as much as I can so not in hurry to sell it. Had lot of trader's interested offering trade prices and private ones making silly offers .  Road tax 395 and v6 engine so that's what ppl scared of 🤣🤣

Link?

It's a sad world we live in Iftikar that folk go out of their way to waste time of others who could be doing something else. 

It's good that you are now not in a rush to sell. Good excuse to keep it eh? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links