Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stupid, stupid George!! :wallbash:
                          :withstupid:

On Tuesday I drove to pickup some motorcycle parts from my local powder coaters and it was warm and sunny so I had the windows open. (you can see it coming can't you?).
When I got home I somehow missed out closing the passenger window,.... and it rained Wednesday night into Thursday. 😢

So, I have a damp car now. Luckily the winds were blowing the other way so the seat was merely damp, but the floor mat was wet and the carpet was damp.
To cap it all, my 10 year old mains dehumidifier died.
So, I have managed to get the car dry-ish with gel-pack dehumidifiers and plenty of Plenty to sponge the condensation off the inside of the rear window.
I now need to buy a new mains dehumidifier to finish the job.

Why do cars not close ALL the windows when you lock them?
No, I don't have a dog and even if I did I would NEVER leave it in the car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Why do cars not close ALL the windows when you lock them?
No, I don't have a dog and even if I did I would NEVER leave it in the car.

The number of times I have had to restart the engine just to close the windows. I agree Aaaarggghh!  What a pain.

Why can't they leave the window controls active for 2 or 3 minutes after shutting down?

• Like 1

You dont need to start the engine to close the windows, just hold down the lock button on the key fob, and the windows will either close or open, whichever you want

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, messi said:

You dont need to start the engine to close the windows, just hold down the lock button on the key fob, and the windows will either close or open, whichever you want

Well I never. One day I will RTFM. I will give it a try. Thank you.

42 minutes ago, messi said:

I've read this before but it doesn't work on all cars, not even all the same model of car.

• Like 1

Its works on my 99 and it worked on 2 ls430 I had, one was a 2001 and the other was 2004, its worked on the gs300 mk3 I had and gs430 sport mk2 I had. On the sc430, it will just go down, but not back up

2 hours ago, scythe said:

It  sounds to me like a good excuse to go for a bit of a drive, to let they car's air conditioner get to work.

: o )

Would be an excellent idea (air-con on recirculate), except that the air-con stopped working 2 years ago and I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed yet. The heater still works perfectly.
If I was still commuting in it every day (120 miles per day) then it would have been fixed 2 years ago, but since Covid I work 100% from home, so the car now does under 50 miles per week.

33 minutes ago, messi said:

Its works on my 99 and it worked on 2 ls430 I had, one was a 2001 and the other was 2004, its worked on the gs300 mk3 I had and gs430 sport mk2 I had. On the sc430, it will just go down, but not back up

Doesn't work on my 2004 LS430. I just tried it in both directions and it does absolutely nothing with the Windows.
I'll have a look in TechStream when I am next connected, but I looked pretty thoroughly last time and found nothing then.

3 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Doesn't work on my 2004 LS430. I just tried it in both directions and it does absolutely nothing with the Windows.
I'll have a look in TechStream when I am next connected, but I looked pretty thoroughly last time and found nothing then.

Okay, get your key fob, hit unlock, doors will unlock, then hold unlock, it will beep and then windows will open, to close, hold lock, again  it will beep, and then close, 

Qamar, I just tested it using the exact method shown in your video (thanks :thumbup:) and the window/sunroof open function works (and it beeeeeeps whilst doing it), but the close function does not work. About then only time I would want the open function is on a hot day to get some air into the car, but the close function I would use almost all of the time to make sure that all windows & sunroof are closed. Perhaps someone else can check with their facelift LS and see if they get the same results?

• Like 1

Oh on my LS400 the windows are completely automatic.

Saturday am I rolled up to check tyre pressures to find the driver’s window completely down. 

A few days later my wife noticed passenger window slightly down. Now I can’t discount the passenger window down to wife fiddling…

Retracted all of them then re-shut. I’m not repairing anything so it’s going to have to fix itself. 🙄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links