Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Visual Change to my RC300h

Well I've done it after thinking it over for some time, I had the wheels painted plus added a splitter to the front, de-chromed and de-badged. The rear wheels have 15mm spacers which pushes them out and fills the arches. Still need to do the front ones but the company used didn't have the size required in stock.

Before

image.thumb.jpeg.5e2acf4cdab468f5488bab6a6a4899ab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f03aa2cc0be6370188fb8e634bba6bd8.jpeg

After

image.thumb.jpeg.0a64d97afda86068a0568bff536ea8e0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2a9d8aae81a5d2c4eebb5d20b39c8f93.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great Luciano.

The first thing I did when I got mine was to debadge it.I've got the facelift version and the chrome trim has a bronze finish.I've been thinking of having the wheels resprayed in bronze,but the alternating red/black looks good.I wonder what sort of effect it gives when the wheels are moving?

Thank you David, the wheels are powder coated and the red was done over the diamond cut and matches the the red of the car. I'm so happy it worked out as I was very nervous about getting it done.

I'll have to drive past some windows and see how they look, only thing now is to replace the wheel nuts and dust caps with black ones and either get the hubs smoked or find either a red Lexus 'L' or F-Sport 'F' replacement or vinyl. I have found F logo vinyl ones in the US but postage is almost as much as the item. 

The light tint PPF on the headlights and DLR lights also make a difference.

Next job is to get the tracking checked as there is wear on the inner surface of the front tyres.

Welcome Clive. The RC does look nice in white.

Depending on finances you have options of Lexus boutique - https://lexusboutique.net/collections/rc-300h-2015-2017

TRD - https://www.trdparts.jp/english/product/lexus/rc/index.html?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Artisan Spirits - https://artisanspirits.co.jp/lexus/rc.html

Maxton design - https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-kits/lexus/lexus-rc

Fensport - https://www.fensport.co.uk/collections/lexus-rc-300h-f-sport-10-15?page=2 Fensport also do some of the TRD parts and carbon bonnets

And lastly if money is no problem Rocket Bunny whose body kits are imported by JapWestmods -  https://japwestmods.co.uk/shop/rocket-bunny/pandem-lexus-rc-f-wide-body-kit-rocket-bunny/ last one is for an RCF but....

Lastly check out Etsy - Cherry Blossom vinyl decals if you want a JDM look... and lots of other stuff

4 Door Cherry Blossom Decal Vinyl Flower Decal Sakura Car image 2

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

@Ianm100 Hi Ian the work was carried out by a workshop while they had the wheels off doing the wheel re-colour for me but I'll say you want to get ones from a known manufacture and go for the hub centric version as these are more secure and less likely to have any movement if installed correctly over the plain type. The spacers fitted are black so they blend in with the wheels. I can't remember the make but I did look them up before I let the workshop purchase and fit them.

I would recommend Eibach for spacers

Looks very nice but don't forget ( here comes the misery bit ) the insurance companies will want to know so that they can steal some more money off you.  Sad, but beware.😱

On 10/16/2023 at 8:19 PM, Littorio said:

Next job is to get the tracking checked as there is wear on the inner surface of the front tyres.

Did you end up getting the tracking checked?  I can imagine the fronts might wear on the inside even with Lexus figures.

RCF certainly does, easy way for manufacturers to dial in a bit of ‘improved handling’ by fiddling with camber etc.

4 hours ago, Littorio said:

@Jgtcracer Hi Marcus, no not checked yet just not had the time really but the car is booked in for it's major (60K/5 year) service in Jan and I've asked them to check the tracking while it's in. Then it'll be new tires.

It's generally advised to get the suspension geometry checked after fitting new tyres, so the old tyre wear doesn't throw the measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the issue is my tires do not yet require replacing but the tracking issue was highlighted when I had the wheels done.

It's going in for it's 5 year service in two weeks so will get done then, if there is excess wear on a tire then I'll change them.

Errr..... while at a petrol garage filling up yesterday had two guys walking past to their vehicle stop and look the car over nodding then one asked if I'd mind if he had s*x with it!!!!!! 😝

On 1/3/2024 at 8:05 PM, Littorio said:

rrr..... while at a petrol garage filling up yesterday had two guys walking past to their vehicle stop and look the car over nodding then one asked if I'd mind if he had s*x with it!!!!!! 😝

Sounds naughty, and a tad painful!  Guaranteed to get a few burns doing that, irrespective of what hole you go for!  I’ve got 4 of them…. Could make it a party!!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Littorio said:

@NemesisUK @Jgtcracer Service carried out on Monday and tracking checked, no issues and the tyres still have 4.5 - 5mm tread depth so I'll not be changing them for at least a year as they had 5 - 5.5mm last year.

Good news!

• 3 weeks later...

An audible and visual change;

image.thumb.jpeg.af8a973d791822634ea59527e6c45656.jpeg

Power Flex custom axle back, there is now noise when ever the engine is running and the restriction that is in the OEM pipe has been removed. The engine now rev's more freely and it feels like it has released a few horses!

No horrid drone and still fairly quite when at idle but boot it and all hell lets loose.   

It got cleaned after I took the photo

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/4/2024 at 7:15 PM, Littorio said:

An audible and visual change;

image.thumb.jpeg.af8a973d791822634ea59527e6c45656.jpeg

Power Flex custom axle back, there is now noise when ever the engine is running and the restriction that is in the OEM pipe has been removed. The engine now rev's more freely and it feels like it has released a few horses!

No horrid drone and still fairly quite when at idle but boot it and all hell lets loose.   

It got cleaned after I took the photo

Video with sound before and after is mandatory with these sort of posts! 😄 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links