Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus quality and dealerships

2 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

So the ES is also affected by the Canbus thing? I thought it was only the RX

Must be far more difficult to gain access to the ES inner wheel arch, clearances are much smaller than on the RX and SUVs generally?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Sadly so, a number of vehicles already stolen by accessing wiring near the headlight. Also some damaged with huge bills for new wiring looms. Check out the ES area of the forums some very sad events have occured. Lexus UK will not even fit a protection plate to slow down the thefts and are fobbing off ES owners.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

It's most vehicles produced from around 2015 to 2022 that have CANbus controlled headlights.  So this includes ES, NX, RX, LC, LS, UX, IS and I think the facelift GS MK4 etc.

Paul

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

The issue is that many modern cars are vulnerable to various "hacks" used by criminals. The latest spate I'm reading about is the Hyundai Ioniq - a number of them have been stolen in a matter of minutes. This model is now ranked second in the most stolen electric vehicles. 

One owner was away but video records the thieves walking up to the car and within a few seconds they had gained entry - then fiddled around under the steering wheel and drive off with it. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/24474846/hyundai-ioniq-stolen-keyless-car-thieves/amp/

(Yes I know this is the Sun newspaper but it's the report that popped up again when I did a search...) 

• Thanks 1

All

Many thanks for all your comments which l found very interesting.

As with most things there was a mix of experiences.

I, personally, have never had any positive encounter with Lexus.

To try and trigger a response l replied negatively to a number of surveys Lexus/the dealer asked me to complete.

The response ~~ they stopped sending me surveys!!

many thanks

David

My experience was nice coffee and waiting area but beyond that no better than others - My IS is now way to old to bother with dealer servicing, but in the past I had 3 services where the car only got washed once - first time they called to say drains were blocked so no cars being washed, second time was just an interim service - told no more than an hour so I waited - after 2 hours said I couldn't wait any longer so it was handed back unwashed.  My CT came from another dealer and they were also pretty average - when I gave feedback to Lexus that my experience was "average" and that a few minor points were not addressed before pick up the dealer principle rang me and left a quite irritated voicemail basically demanding I call him to explain why I hadn't given them 5 stars - I called him back - both times he was "busy" so would call me back.....never did and I never went back there.  My previous experiences with VW were always pretty positive (and cheaper)

• Like 1

Well I have just returned from having my IS300h serviced & MOT'd at Canterbury Lexus, 3 years service, but only 9,300 miles.

Very impressed with service, dropped car off at 09.00 given a coffee straight away & then they provided a driver to take my wife & I into the city for some shopping & lunch. 

They phoned me about 11.30 to tell me it was all completed & to let them know when I wanted collecting, I said as the sun had come out we would walk the mile or so back & when we returned the car was ready, washed & vacuumed.

I will definitely be returning to Canterbury Lexus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mikey B said:

My IS is now way to old to bother with dealer servicing,

My IS250 is a year younger, but I have no intention at the moment of entrusting the Services to any one other than Lexus Milton Keynes.  In fact I have taken out three year Service Contracts ever since I bought it from them.  I mention this only to provide a more balanced overall view.

Obviously, Dealerships will vary and my view might change.  MK is also the only Lexus Dealer I have experienced.  But my experience has always been excellent - so far.

Unlike Michael, my Lexus always received a complementary full valeting after a Service.  Unfortunately, this also included a run through the car wash when I had specifically requested that this didn’t happen on account of the car now having had a ceramic finish applied.

So I was impressed when the Service Manager called to apologise and to inform me that this request had not got through to the lad doing the valeting!  He offered to rectify any damage that had been caused.

As it happens, no damage had been done - but it struck me that many Dealerships would not have caused potential problems for themselves by telling me anyway.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, Bounce75 said:

Well I have just returned from having my IS300h serviced & MOT'd at Canterbury Lexus, 3 years service, but only 9,300 miles.

Very impressed with service, dropped car off at 09.00 given a coffee straight away & then they provided a driver to take my wife & I into the city for some shopping & lunch. 

They phoned me about 11.30 to tell me it was all completed & to let them know when I wanted collecting, I said as the sun had come out we would walk the mile or so back & when we returned the car was ready, washed & vacuumed.

I will definitely be returning to Canterbury Lexus.

This is great to know as I'm booked in with them in a few weeks....

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:51 PM, fourbanks said:

People in the know let it be known of their professions in the chit-chat with the salesperson, so just subtle hints for going forward is my experience of the public 

Spot on Nick..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 2:51 PM, fourbanks said:

People in the know let it be known of their professions in the chit-chat with the salesperson, so just subtle hints for going forward is my experience of the public 

Well call me naive, but it never occurred to me that my initial chit-chat with the Sales folk at Lexus MK might affect my future standards of service.

In fact it’s now so long ago that I can’t really remember how my time as a Hitman for the Mafia even came up….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LenT said:

Well call me naive, but it never occurred to me that my initial chit-chat with the Sales folk at Lexus MK might affect my future standards of service.

In fact it’s now so long ago that I can’t really remember how my time as a Hitman for the Mafia even came up….

You probably never had to say word. The bulge of your weapon gave it away.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Spot on Nick..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks 😀

Our local manager at Gatwick is nowhere near at a level of service like myself as he's never there and in turn that's creates a low staff morale in my opinion, so a visit is completely a hit-and-miss in how you will be treated 

most customers I’ve met over the years prefer myself to deal with as in that way they get all the answers and more and a friendly chat so at least they know in going forward and what to expect not only in the Lexus dealer but the other car dealerships 

sad to say I don't work in dealerships, so I always advise others be careful especially on price paid do your homework on all the other main brands so that you are confident in what prices of cars are across the board and are seen to be confident otherwise you will more than likely get a poorer deal 

the same goes with any warranty work need doing confidence is key or a good lawyer

if a dealer can take advantage of you, he will be guaranteed

we have a super local Kia dealer of the likes Lexus will never have. They're just a group of people that happen to work well with each other like when I had a puncture they sent a staff member to the house within an hour, UK Lexus would never do that under any circumstances.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links