Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

suspension

Spark plug

Has anyone had problems removing rear subframe bolts, were they rusted in or do they come out easy? I need to remove the front nearside bolt and am worried that it will be rusted in and break when I try to remove it. I need to replace the lower subframe stopper. Should I order new bolts as well when getting the part from Lexus?...Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Spark plug said:

Has anyone had problems removing rear subframe bolts, were they rusted in or do they come out easy? I need to remove the front nearside bolt and am worried that it will be rusted in and break when I try to remove it. I need to replace the lower subframe stopper. Should I order new bolts as well when getting the part from Lexus?...Thanks.

Hard to say without seeing it. Subframes tend to go first on these cars so it absolutely wouldn't surprise me. Bolts shouldn't be expensive so to stay on the safe side I'd order from lexus as well.. Keep the invoices, you might be able to return them if you don't use them.

2 hours ago, H3XME said:

Hard to say without seeing it. Subframes tend to go first on these cars so it absolutely wouldn't surprise me. Bolts shouldn't be expensive so to stay on the safe side I'd order from lexus as well.. Keep the invoices, you might be able to return them if you don't use them.

Thanks

Hi Ian. If you've got a blow torch then use that on the area around the bolt. Also use a penetrating oil. Hopefully you have a long breaker bar also (all car owners need one).

Yes get new bolts as they're cheap enough. Lube them when you put them back in.

If you don't have any of the above then find a friendly garage to loosen the bolts only and re tighten enough for you to undo.

• Thanks 1

My guess after little bit of experience - they will be very rusty, but on the positive note they are MASSIVE bolts, so they are unlikely to brake and it becomes just a matter of getting long enough cheater bar.

As well they are cheap - last time I check it was like £11-18 per bolt from Japan. So I would say just order new bolts, it can't hurt to replace them:

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/5228530021

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/5228630010

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have long breaker bar and blow torch but dont want to damage the rubber mounting. I only need the 1 bolt out I'm not removing the sub. It seems to go up through the crossmember/box section behind the rear seat so have sprayed lots of wd40 down the holes on top hoping it reachs the top of the bolt. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

On 10/20/2023 at 2:40 PM, Spark plug said:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links