Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link+ upgrade

Baggers

I went to use the Lexus Link + app yesterday to receive a message that the app needs an update. I clicked the “update” link and it took me to a Toyota app. I tried to register by putting in my registration but it wouldn’t allow me to do so claiming, correctly, that my car is a Lexus. So now I can’t use either app. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

I've completely given up on Lexus Link+. Couldn't activate it with my reg plate nor my VIN and following your prompt I just downloaded the upgrade and stil cannot. I will say there was no mention of the upgrade having anything to do with Toyota so I'm not sure how that crept into your equation :wacko:

1 hour ago, Baggers said:

I went to use the Lexus Link + app yesterday to receive a message that the app needs an update. I clicked the “update” link and it took me to a Toyota app. I tried to register by putting in my registration but it wouldn’t allow me to do so claiming, correctly, that my car is a Lexus. So now I can’t use either app. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

I would try uninstalling both apps from your phone. Then search for "Lexus Link+" on the apple App Store or the Google Play Store (depending on which type of phone you have) and install it directly from there. Once installed, try to register your car again (if prompted).

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian R said:

I've completely given up on Lexus Link+. Couldn't activate it with my reg plate nor my VIN and following your prompt I just downloaded the upgrade and stil cannot. I will say there was no mention of the upgrade having anything to do with Toyota so I'm not sure how that crept into your equation :wacko:

I Phoned Toyota About this very Problem and they told me they knew about this issue and that they would be contacting me about an update for this problem HOWEVER no contact as yet.. Does this help ?

• Like 1

Mine seems to work apart from that odd logging back in thing I mentioned the other day. Just tested it and the app asked me to accept a few terms and conditions. I bet I've jinxed it now and Tiff will get all hoyti toyti tomorrow about connections and passwords when we go for a spin.

2 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I was expecting the same after reading these posts but l have just updated Lexus link+ without any problems, very strange.

Mine updated also without any problems. I had both installed previously, but after the update to Lexus Link+, the old version if selected, stated it has been updated to the Link+ version and will now not work, so I just uninstalled it.

17 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I Phoned Toyota About this very Problem and they told me they knew about this issue and that they would be contacting me about an update for this problem HOWEVER no contact as yet.. Does this help ?

It will be interesting to see if they come up with an answer and I suspect it's still a work in progress.

17 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I was expecting the same after reading these posts but l have just updated Lexus link+ without any problems, very strange.

Funnily enough I TOO have just updated Lexus Link+ And like you have No Problems.. Do You Think They have sorted this Out.. Looks like it !!! Halleluyah  !!! Dancing Around the room So Excited.. !! Something works at last..

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Andy B said:

I would try uninstalling both apps from your phone. Then search for "Lexus Link+" on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (depending on which type of phone you have) and install it directly from there. Once installed, try to register your car again (if prompted).

Hope this helps.

This Should now work lexus have been working on  this problem and it seems to be sorted now.. HOPEFULLY

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. What I did in the end was to delete the Toyota app and ignore the update link on Lexus Link + . Instead I went straight to the apple App Store, I found LL+ and I simply clicked the “update” on there. That’s updated my LL+ and the Toyota link has now disappeared. LL+ is now working again. I hope that helps others having the same problem as I had.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded after reading this thread, all seemed to be working until I realised that no trips are being uploaded as part of the hybrid coaching feature. It used to also show the last location of parking, that is not working either. I've sent an email to the app help centre but no response so far 😕

11 hours ago, DrShockr said:

I recently upgraded after reading this thread, all seemed to be working until I realised that no trips are being uploaded as part of the hybrid coaching feature. It used to also show the last location of parking, that is not working either. I've sent an email to the app help centre but no response so far 😕

My phone always shows the trips but my wife's phone doesn't always show until she logs out and in again, then it's there. If that helps.

2 hours ago, e-yes said:

I too upgrade to Link+ , it worked for one day and currently I am seeing as blank a screen as the screen is seeing a blank face 😞

Tried the advanced version of "turn it off and back on again" i.e. Delete the damn app and install again and just to be sure restarted the phone as well. Working now.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, DrShockr said:

Ok, so I deleted the car from 'my garage' and then re added it, had to go through the whole mileage verification process, but all seems to be working fine now with trips being uploaded as well as the last parked location being updated properly.

• Like 1

I downloaded an update for the app over the weekend. I got in the car this morning and it wasn't recognising me, and telling me to log in again and pair my phone. I got three quarters of the way through the process before I realised that I was no longer logged into the app on my phone - presumably as a result of the update.

How do Lexus manage to make things go wrong in ways that no-one else could even imagine?

• Like 1

Mine did work but now it finds a destination but not the route. The “Send to car” has disappeared anyway. I’m using an iPad. Is this the problem?

Seems it isn’t; no better on Iphone.

Absolute shambles.

I have deleted app and reinstalled no change.

The send to car of destinations doesn’t work……. No soft key to upload to car …….

These are very basic faults with the app. I find it incredible that no one in Lexus or Toyota IT have the nounce to check the app works before realising to the public!! 
thats absolutely basic

makes one wonder how much other software on the car they have got wrong too……

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links