Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How has it been so far?????

After one week of ownership and 600 miles how has it been so far?

Very good is the unsurprising answer. I find the ride comfort very good even with the run-flat tyres and I have had noisier tyres. When time to change perhaps take Don C's advice to choose a quieter tyre. Clattered my head once or twice when the car found a pothole under the flooded roads due to Storm Babett. The auto retracting and raising of the steering wheel is great in theory but I still seem to catch my leg on the wheel on entering.

The interior mirror I find too low and obscures at least half the depth of the screen and I find myself ducking my head to see under it sometimes. The usable fuel tank capacity could be greater given my weekly mileage - I really don't need to become such good friends with the local filling station. Of which I prefer to use Tesco Momentum but in my area they don't always have stock - which is annoying. Inverness was once referred to as Tesco town and is serving in excess of 100,000 people. Shouldn't be too hard to maintain stock.

An unusual thing I have noticed is that when leaving in the morning the radio plays but then cuts out after a few seconds and shows no (DAB) signal - a few seconds later it reconnects but repeats what I heard a number of seconds earlier. Effectively the radio is a few seconds behind real time. Anyone else notice this. I do have apple CarPlay active - is this the cause?

The sound and feel of the door opening is on another level and a tribute to the engineer's attention to detail. Neat touch that the centre console can be opened by the passenger as well from the clever side hinge arrangement. Luggage compartment cover - wow.

As for Lexus Edinburgh - exemplary.

Agree with all that, especially the mirror, shortarses like SWMBO  are OK as they can see under it but any height forget it. Look after your "WOW" luggage cover, it costs £300 for a replacement. 😨

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LMM said:

Effectively the radio is a few seconds behind real time. Anyone else notice this. I do have Apple CarPlay active - is this the cause?

No, just the system buffering the DAB audio stream before it plays. 

• Like 1

The height of the mirror can be adjusted.  That little stalk that appears out of the windscreen cowl can be pushed physically upwards and then re-adjust the mirror.  It has a range of about 20mm but that makes a big difference.  Mine is on 660 miles now.  It is an E4 and is doing just over 45mpg on premium fuel (which makes it very quiet).  There’s a lot I like about this car and the sumptuous quality that goes hand in hand with the door thuds described above is very plush.  It is very quiet and the engine sounds much sweeter than the 3 cylinder Yaris Cross and very smooth too.  You can hear the engine but it has a buzzy sound that sounds like it’s coming from next door’s living room in a semi detached house.  I have pushed it a little more in the last couple of days and I can tell it is going to go well and it pulls like a train so all good there.  Mrs C’s thermostat is stuck so she loves the ventilated seats and beta blockers make me crank the heated seats and wheel right up on my side.  The car has a slightly retro look inside and out which I love.  I’m sure there’s more but can’t think right now.  I’ll come back in due course.

IMG_5514.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Don, I'll check that mirror setting.

After 5,500 miles I was being to hate the vibration under certain conditions from the YX 3 cyl. engine. I thought it might improve with miles and premium fuel but it didn't. So glad I read your post - loving the UX.

What I am not liking is the digital speedo - and with the circular power status around it, it can be confusing. Getting used to it though. 

Interesting a tank full to tank full at the the pumps have shown 55 mpg true. Astounding!

In these floods it has worked hard to push through and traction warning has come on a number of times. And I suspect the lower speeds in these poor weather conditions have contributed to the economy figures.

2 hours ago, LMM said:

Thanks Don, I'll check that mirror setting.

After 5,500 miles I was being to hate the vibration under certain conditions from the YX 3 cyl. engine. I thought it might improve with miles and premium fuel but it didn't. So glad I read your post - loving the UX.

What I am not liking is the digital speedo - and with the circular power status around it, it can be confusing. Getting used to it though. 

Interesting a tank full to tank full at the the pumps have shown 55 mpg true. Astounding!

In these floods it has worked hard to push through and traction warning has come on a number of times. And I suspect the lower speeds in these poor weather conditions have contributed to the economy figures.

You’ve got analogue speedo option.  We won’t get to Nairn as my mate has taken ill but still using the air bnb we booked in Drymen.  This is the drive to it.

IMG_5520.jpeg

Analogue to digital Speedo was the first thing I changed when I got my UX. Much easier to read imho. 

We have a 21 plate Yaris. No engine vibration at all and apart from not riding the bumps as well as the UX it's a lovely comfortable little car.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 4:16 PM, Don C said:

You’ve got analogue speedo option.  We won’t get to Nairn as my mate has taken ill but still using the air bnb we booked in Drymen.  This is the drive to it.

IMG_5520.jpeg

Love Drymen - it is one of our family Clan Seats (Buchanan) 🙂.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LMM said:

Mirror adjusted Don, what a difference that small amount makes 👍.

Did it take much force?, I tried to do mine and it wouldn't budge either way. I assume the sliding split plastic collar on the stem is there to stop you forcing the mirror too far up, that's well free so it's got room to move up but just won't.

1 hour ago, Bezzer said:

Did it take much force?, I tried to do mine and it wouldn't budge either way. I assume the sliding split plastic collar on the stem is there to stop you forcing the mirror too far up, that's well free so it's got room to move up but just won't.

Don’t force it Mick.  I’ll take a photo tomorrow.  

I'm also up to 600 miles in my UX Premium Plus.  I had a IS200 for 15 years, and it is great being back with Lexus quality after 7 years with an Audi Q3.

In comparison with the UX, the Q3 was like a van to drive, while the UX is so responsive, smooth and agile.

My only criticism is the noise from the run flat tyres.  No doubt the Lexus NVH engineers (noise, vibration, harshness) spent ages refining the car, only for marketing to specify run flats.  Enough for the engineers to weep into their sake.

I carry an air compressor so if I get a slow puncture I can top it up until I get to a repair shop.  If I use the run flat mode I think the tyre would be unrepairable.

We assume the tyres are Bridgestone. These are very noisy. We changed to Dunlop run flats when the car arrived as part of the deal, We could not accept the noise from the Bridgestones. Very happy with the quiet Dunlops , as are many other UX owners

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard1200 said:

Picked up my 3rd new UX Takumi yesterday and I am very happy with it. Just had a look and it has Dunlop’s

IMG_0437.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful. I'm not green with envy, well, just a little tinge around the edges maybe.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bezzer said:

That is just there to cover the wiring. It moves on a ball and socket type arrangement. Perhaps yours is at its highest setting. it pivots towards the interior and in an arc upwards (or the reverse if it is at its highest position). Having pivoted upwards (if not already) then adjust the mirror. As Don says it doesn't need much force.

• Like 1

I’m not normally drawn in by YouTube but old Ahmed, the car care nut was adamant that there would be metal in the oil by a thousand miles so I changed mine today and…… not a bit.  Not even the slightest sparkle.  However, while I had the boiler suite was on I fitted next doors mudflaps.  So here they are - 2 new Takumis.   

IMG_5553.jpeg

• Like 3

Well i was stuck waiting ages as our towns railway barriers went down and i remembered what @Don Cmentioned about the rearview mirror. I felt the stalk and could feel what felt like a ferrol that moved. Never knew that was there. So my next thing is to take a closer look and see how it works. So thanks for pointing that out Don.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALAW said:

Well i was stuck waiting ages as our towns railway barriers went down and i remembered what @Don Cmentioned about the rearview mirror. I felt the stalk and could feel what felt like a ferrol that moved. Never knew that was there. So my next thing is to take a closer look and see how it works. So thanks for pointing that out Don.

Think you may have misread the same as I have, the stem doesn't slide up to lift the mirror it just pivots upwards. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 1:30 PM, LMM said:

I

nteresting a tank full to tank full at the the pumps have shown 55 mpg true. Astounding!

55 mpg - NOT TRUE!

Typo I'm afraid - should have read 52 mpg - still astounding though 🙂.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links