Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in SC430 ownership.

Bob King

Some nice pics there Bob, looks like it was well attended. The V12 Jag brings back memories. I had the saloon but always wanted the coupe with flared arches.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Done all can do on the top of the car, now it’s time to get down and get under !

Put it on stands and had a good look and poke about …..conclusion very pleased with the underside😎 .

Put FERTAN rust treatment on some suspect areas I could reach, then a mix of gloss black spray and DINITROL 4941..although that was short lived as the Dinitrol can has run out ☹️

Put some silver grease on the exhaust joint just to hold the rust at bay.

Tank shield needed a little rust treatment but just surface .

Nice to see some of the work Lexus done defore I bought it ..two new driveshaft to fix the reluctor ring problem.

Right let’s get some more Dinitrol ordered 👍🏻

IMG_9812.jpeg

IMG_9804.jpeg

IMG_9797.jpeg

IMG_9791.jpeg

IMG_9819.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ll inspect the front end soon… if the weather stays on my side .

Can believe the price of Dinitrol ..one can £15.00 …then found a 3 x can deal on amazon £29.95 😎😎

You never know what you’ve bought until you’ve had a good poke about underneath 👍🏻

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

I’ll inspect the front end soon… if the weather stays on my side .

Can believe the price of Dinitrol ..one can £15.00 …then found a 3 x can deal on Amazon £29.95 😎😎

You never know what you’ve bought until you’ve had a good poke about underneath 👍🏻

Have you ever considered the virtue of a 'busmans holiday' in Preston? Got just the job lined up for you with all the AAA baking you can eat to keep your energy levels primed.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2023 at 10:59 PM, Mossypossy said:

I updated the one from my 2009 GS450h. Think 2014 was as modern as the discs can possibly be with the DVD system.

The one thing that is really nice with the Lexus Nav is the lovely female voice when you are abroad telling you "You have crossed the border".

About 3 years ago I purchased a 2017 Sat nav DVD from Lexus and it works well (just a few things missing like parts of the A14 between the A1 and M11 missing).  I think that was the last DVD update.

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Have you ever considered the virtue of a 'busmans holiday' in Preston? Got just the job lined up for you with all the AAA baking you can eat to keep your energy levels primed.

Sorry washing my hair on what ever day you had in mind ! 😉😉

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Took n/s/f front wheel off today and going to refurbish the inner rim.

Outside rim is all good but inner is coated in 15 years of brake dust etc.

Also gave the front suspension/brakes a coat of Furtan rust converter while I was there 👍🏻

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Is an MOT tester allowed to test his own car?

No regulation to say a tester can’t mot his own car .

My old boss would not allow us to test our own cars, so I would test the other mot tested car at the garage and he would do mine 😉

The wheel Refurbished was all leading onto the next spend up …fitting a new pair of  Pirelli P Zero tyres.

Although didn’t go totally to plan….wanted to match the tread pattern and only wanted one tyre, ordered from Asda tyres and had it fitted at a local tyre depot.

To my disappointment the tread pattern has been updated, yet I still needed that tyre replaced, so went ahead with it .

So now has old and new tread patterns on the same axle ☹️, the old tread patterned tyre had a cut in the side wall …probably not an mot fail but wanted them to match and be safe so bought a second one.

This time chose a different supplier, so now have the matching pair I wanted…note to myself….why do new tyres feed so much smoother and quieter on the road ? 😉😉

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0113.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 2:25 PM, Bob King said:

The wheel Refurbished was all leading onto the next spend up …fitting a new pair of  Pirelli P Zero tyres.

Although didn’t go totally to plan….wanted to match the tread pattern and only wanted one tyre, ordered from Asda tyres and had it fitted at a local tyre depot.

To my disappointment the tread pattern has been updated, yet I still needed that tyre replaced, so went ahead with it .

So now has old and new tread patterns on the same axle ☹️, the old tread patterned tyre had a cut in the side wall …probably not an mot fail but wanted them to match and be safe so bought a second one.

This time chose a different supplier, so now have the matching pair I wanted…note to myself….why do new tyres feed so much smoother and quieter on the road ? 😉😉

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0113.jpeg

Ahhh but now the fronts are the odd ones out tut tut…. I agree with ya about matching up hence i usually go 4 new tyres every time, on my RCF i needed 2 rears awhile back but falken had changed the tread pattern slightly so went the full hog and got 4 to match…. Its been mentioned that i may have a slight OCD issue 😂 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Nigel Coleman said:

Is that your own equipment Bob or at a garage?

Not my gear…Mobile guy came to my home
👍🏻

As I was chatting with the guy I was thinking how does he know how much weight of refrigerant to put in…turns out it’s sitting on scales as he fills it 😎

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links