Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500h at Sytner

PRT68

Anyone know of this car please?

Seems a good price, but the MOT history is suspect. 1st one, mileage not recorded, 2nd one a couple of months later shows the  mileage. 

Later, all 4 tyres mentioned at 12k, which seems a bit early. 

I've sent an email early today asking if it has full Lexus history etc, but no reply yet. 

Gut feeling is it's had the mileage corrected at some stage, so I'll steer clear, unless anyone knows of it.

Maybe he went over a stinger whilst fleeing the scuffers at 150mph?

12 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Sometimes there is a good reason for MOT discrepancies. I had a garage get the mileage wrong through carelessness and it was impossible to correct. But it always pays to check these things out just in case there is foul play.

NO! not that kind of fowl play!!

Video of chickens playing with a ball proves they deserve your ...

• Like 1

I don't have an LC,but it's a big,heavy, powerful car and it could easily shred a set of tyres in that distance if driven hard.The Porsche I had some years ago got through  rear sets fairly quickly,if they didn't puncture first.

My RCF mileage went down 5 miles at its 2nd service due to mileage being incorrectly inputted!  Was MOT’d a month earlier than its service at Swindon and they claimed it was operator error.  As for tyres, 12k miles isn’t too bad, couldn’t worry too much about it….

It’s not hugely unusual for the MOT Tester to mis-specify the mileage but usually by omission of a digit ……. Say 47512 to 7512 ….. happened to me once a while back 

Correct  the following year ok 

and as for tyre wear …… mine on a quite heavy V8 4ltr, usually last up to 25k miles on the front and 30k rear ……. Properly balanced, tracking, suspension wear etc and driving style and not throwing the car around makes for improved tyre life surely 🤔

Malc 

Yes 12K from the rears is not out of the question. I had a warning from Lexus that my 9K old  front tyres were looking a bit iffy. But the lexus dealer likes to sell replacements well before they are needed.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:03 PM, PRT68 said:

Anyone know of this car please?

Seems a good price, but the MOT history is suspect. 1st one, mileage not recorded, 2nd one a couple of months later shows the  mileage. 

I've sent an email early today asking if it has full Lexus history etc, but no reply yet. 

Gut feeling is it's had the mileage corrected at some stage, so I'll steer clear, unless anyone knows of it.

My LC is on 12,400 miles and tyres about due for a change

they are big fat tyres and scrub out easily 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links