Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark levinson set up.

Hi, that’s what I don’t have then, I only have the car handbook, do you know if I could buy that manual ? It seems on the car that the sound is only coming out of the dash speaker (s) with little or no Bass.

Quick update to this thread, I’ve contacted my Lexus dealer to try and buy a new Navigation manual, ‘never seen one was the reply’ so I send them a photo of one from the web, ‘ nope, never seen one ! Can’t help you ‘

• Confused 1

On 11/25/2023 at 8:07 PM, Crazy Harry said:

Hi, that’s what I don’t have then, I only have the car handbook, do you know if I could buy that manual ? It seems on the car that the sound is only coming out of the dash speaker (s) with little or no Bass.

I actually picked up my UX yesterday and discovered the same thing (about the sound appearing to come from the dash speaker). It's not the case, but a quick adjustment will fix this! It's all about the positioning.

Here's a short video that shows you how to adjust this. It's a little tucked away, but I like to explore!

I also made another post earlier today about how music from Spotify was slightly distorted - turns out it was the graphic equaliser within the Spotify app on my phone. Once I disabled that the quality improved significantly.

I hope this fixed your problem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Martin Bailey said:

I actually picked up my UX yesterday and discovered the same thing (about the sound appearing to come from the dash speaker). It's not the case, but a quick adjustment will fix this! It's all about the positioning.

Here's a short video that shows you how to adjust this. It's a little tucked away, but I like to explore!

I also made another post earlier today about how music from Spotify was slightly distorted - turns out it was the graphic equaliser within the Spotify app on my phone. Once I disabled that the quality improved significantly.

I hope this fixed your problem.

Exactly what I found 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Martin, I take it yours is the second generation dashboard ? The early ones are different to that, I’m still looking for an original manual rather than having to go through a downloaded copy, if anyone has one and they could upload a picture of any printed identification numbers from it that might help me get one from Lexus I would be grateful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, Crazy Harry said:

Martin, I take it yours is the second generation dashboard ? The early ones are different to that, I’m still looking for an original manual rather than having to go through a downloaded copy, if anyone has one and they could upload a picture of any printed identification numbers from it that might help me get one from Lexus I would be grateful.

I have MY21 Takumi with the same problem and the manuals do not mention or show any settings for the ML.

28 minutes ago, Slucky said:

I have MY21 Takumi with the same problem and the manuals do not mention or show any settings for the ML.

Sorry, mine is only a few weeks old, so is the latest. There isn't a specific ML setup area. The issue I was fixing related to centering the sound, and I would guess that this feature is standard across all sound systems, not just ML. I could be wrong, though. It is a little tucked away, so if you've not done so already, watch my video above. While the menus may not be the same, this might help to identify where it might be on your car. Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Slucky said:

I have a 21 Takumi 300e too, you can adjust the treble, mid and bass balance for the ML, and centre the sound in the car. You can also turn on and off surround sound. It’s all in the audio settings, from the Menu button on the touch pad. You also have to use the touch pad buttons to make the adjustments. Mine is set with the “dot” to the middle of the rear foot well. Sounds better than the default placement.

• Thanks 2

This is the only 3 options on my system. So no balance or sound adjustments. Clicking into the 3 options do not show any sound adjustments. 

IMG_6065.jpeg

1 hour ago, Slucky said:

This is the only 3 options on my system. So no balance or sound adjustments. Clicking into the 3 options do not show any sound adjustments. 

IMG_6065.jpeg

There is.  I just can’t remember where.  

14 hours ago, Slucky said:

IMG_6065.jpeg

Maybe an obvious question, but I notice it shows the Audio Source is off. Have you tried with the source on as it would not know what to adjust if it was off?

It may be under the car setting menu (top icon in your photo) rather than that one, possibly even in the display settings. Apologies for not being precise but it will be in there, just not in the car today to check it.

Thanks all managed to find it 😊
It’s under Audio > Sound and not under Settings > Sound  

Bit confusing as why there are 2 sound/audio settings

IMG_6066.thumb.jpeg.2870da3eb20b1cae9faea586032307e8.jpeg

IMG_6067.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi I have a UX E Takumi , and I think the Mark Levenson sounds system is absolutely crap,  or worth the money.

standard sounds systems are better than this , surely Lexus can do allot better, my one in Range Rover Velar was excellent and not an upgrade .

45 minutes ago, Yorkshire Lexus said:

Hi I have a UX E Takumi , and I think the Mark Levenson sounds system is absolutely crap,  or worth the money.

standard sounds systems are better than this , surely Lexus can do allot better, my one in Range Rover Velar was excellent and not an upgrade .

Agree, my ML on my ES was much better. It feels like Lexus just slapped on a ML badge on a sun par system. Even the base model on the new UX sounds much better. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, Crazy Harry said:

Ian.

Just seen this post, if it's not too late, these appear to be the identification numbers of the download versions (depending when in 2019 yours was built I've given 2 options), might be worth seeing if your dealer can order these in hard copy?

image.png.14332418b6f175c42e1553d1b3521a46.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links