Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update and farewell - My ES was stolen 😡

DrShockr

55 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

There was a lot of used ES on the forecourt last time I went into my Lexus dealer... 

The next morning all the spaces were empty and the security barrier was later found on the grass verge.

• Haha 3

On 12/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, Boomer54 said:

Stop cheering you are going to be disappointed !

Penalties for Committing Theft in Singapore - SingaporeLegalAdvice.com

A buddy has lived in Singapore for many many years …… there’s no place to put a car if it’s stolen, or even not stolen  …… the cost of putting any car on the road in Sg is prohibitive tax wise ….. … theft of anything physical is anti the culture of the City State ……. the law might have certain remedies for crime but other remedies will exist that are rather more draconian and possibly quite “ hurtful “ to the miscreant 👍👌👍

Now, financial crime and remedies might be more prevalent of course. I know not 

BUT I wouldn’t want to be on the end of “ social justice “ as a criminal, convicted or not …… missing toes and fingers etc might be machete outcomes for miscreants 👍

Just to cheer up Stephen 😂

Malc 

My stolen and recovered ES is being returned on the 3rd January after being repaired (new steering wheel, front wing and headlight electrics amongst other things). the email I received from Lexus UK  made it clear they have no interest in developing a solution for the ES, I doubt the car is a big enough seller in the UK to truly worry them. I will take my private plate off next Wednesday and get rid of it. I really rated the car but Lexus as a brand have really disappointed me.

31 minutes ago, Derant said:

My stolen and recovered ES is being returned on the 3rd January after being repaired (new steering wheel, front wing and headlight electrics amongst other things). the email I received from Lexus UK  made it clear they have no interest in developing a solution for the ES, I doubt the car is a big enough seller in the UK to truly worry them. I will take my private plate off next Wednesday and get rid of it. I really rated the car but Lexus as a brand have really disappointed me.

Could I ask if the car now has a “marker” on it having been stolen, recovered and repaired?
If so surely this not only reduces the value of the vehicle but in addition leads to increased insurance premiums.

31 minutes ago, Derant said:

Antony, your time with Lexus has been sad for sure .....  there are many great " other " cars in the Lexus fold and one might even be just right for you ?

An older more mature but nonetheless great car that the thieves won't have on their list  ......

Malc

11 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Could I ask if the car now has a “marker” on it having been stolen, recovered and repaired?
If so surely this not only reduces the value of the vehicle but in addition leads to increased insurance premiums.

I honestly don’t know, I assume so although I haven’t looked into it. I expect to have a reduced value…..It it what it is.

18 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I suspect it would have been a better outcome financially for the owner if the car had not been recovered and the owner could then claim the full market value.

Lexus need to wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

I suspect it would have been a better outcome financially for the owner if the car had not been recovered and the owner could then claim the full market value.

Lexus need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I got it back by using the location feature on the Lexus Link app. I really wished I hadn’t bothered. Nearly 2 months with the repairers and now I have the hassle of getting rid of it with a probable reduced value

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Antony, your time with Lexus has been sad for sure .....  there are many great " other " cars in the Lexus fold and one might even be just right for you ?

An older more mature but nonetheless great car that the thieves won't have on their list  ......

Malc

May be, but there is an old saying that goes 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'. Essentially boils down to in matters like this, one strike and you are out entirely. Lexus in it's current iteration may be should take some lessons in customer care from Gerald Ratner in terms of what not to do that is if they want to have a business in future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Derant said:

I got it back by using the location feature on the Lexus Link app. I really wished I hadn’t bothered. Nearly 2 months with the repairers and now I have the hassle of getting rid of it with a probable reduced value

This was exactly my experience too the first time it got stolen, the repairs took just over 3 months, I got given a courtesy Toyota Aygo for about half of that time, as I didn't have the like for like option on my insurance when I purchased the policy.

It also took untold amount of me chasing the insurance and chasing the dealership to get it done.

On 12/26/2023 at 7:18 PM, steve2006 said:

Agreed, there appears to be no such problem there and I always smile when my ES taxi arrives 😀

9E83E848-2136-469C-A41E-A4AA810C2622.jpeg

It's good to see the ES being used for its intended purpose.

18 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Lexus in it's current iteration may be should take some lessons in customer care from Gerald Ratner

Very apt comparison. Lexus have not exactly described their cars as cr@p but the apparent disregard of customer's worries is somewhat alarming. Their complacency is surprising and maybe they will address the issue in the new year to some extent.

My two penn'orth is that I would be seriously re-considering a prospective purchase now. But all that is academic for me as I will not be buying an electric CVT vehicle in any case. It may sound daft but I cannot understand the attraction, especially at the bonkers prices and devaluation.  Therefore if I cannot find a good second hand "traditional" Lexus it is no more of them for me.🏎️😻.  I will keep my IsF  FOREVER!😁  ( unless it  ( or me ) rots away or dies horribly  )😱

58 minutes ago, MartinH said:

I commend a 16-year-old IS250 for all-round peace of mind. Luxury bangernomics.

I second that!  For all us folk with more sense than money🫤

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links