Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES 300h through a single '70s garage door query.

Euroskank

Greetings!

My search goes on and I'm now wondering if a 2020 - or possibly brand new - ES 300h would fit through my '70s single garage door?

Does anyone have its dimensions with mirrors extended and also mirrors folded please?

I suspect that it will, but it'll be bloody tight!

TIA. 

SWMBO can get the car into the garage and also through the back wall into the garden. She is not used to driving a high powered automatic car.

• Haha 4

I have an early 1980’s garage, if it was completely empty I could get through the door but it would stick out, it is a long car. Not sure I could open the car door enough to get out either

It's easier to drive into a tight garage than back in and suspend a tennis ball on a string so you know exactly when it touches your windscreen.   If the garage width is OK, might it be possible to increase the door width and fit a wider door?  I did this in a previous property I lived in but the garage was not an integral part of the house. 

• Like 1

The current trend for housebuilders is to not build a garage in the first place. I asked one builder why and was told that no-one used them for cars except for storing junk in them. As said before, they are too small anyway. These builders now tend to do away with garages and front gardens and instead put in place two tarmac'ed parking spots.

It makes the whole area look like a parking lot. It is truly awful.

68 best Hurricane Katrina Deaths images on Pinterest | Hurricane ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

suspend a tennis ball on a string

Good idea. I have a small piece of wood placed at the rear limit so the car tyre has a simple barrier/ indicator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

. I asked one builder why and was told that no-one used them for cars except for storing junk in them. 

68 best Hurricane Katrina Deaths images on Pinterest | Hurricane ...

Complete lies and nonsense.Large, National housebuilders will do and say anything to maximise their profits.

• Like 2

I'm not sure they're entirely wrong on that. We live in a new build complex with garages large enough to park cars in and open your door to get out (I know shocking), and I have yet to see one household other than us who park their car in their garage.

• Like 3

When I first bought an ES after having an IS. I foolishly didn’t take much interest in the dimensions, when I did alarm bells rang out! It would just fit. The width was okay but length, with my bench in front, very tight.  Wife said, “The bench and vice will have to go” That was non-negotiable! Bought 2 heavy duty rubber car stops, about £60.  Problem solved.  My garage is 20ft x 12ish. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peniole said:

I'm not sure they're entirely wrong on that. We live in a new build complex with garages large enough to park cars in and open your door to get out (I know shocking), and I have yet to see one household other than us who park their car in their garage.

Maybe other people's cars aren't so easy to steal?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the replies. I think it will just fit. 

Reading about the canbus problem, however, I'm now having second thoughts. Hopefully the encryption problem will be rectified on the 2024 models.

• Like 1

Trouble is, the tea leaves won't know which model is protected and beggar up the bodywork while attempting the job.

Best of luck with the dilemma. Maybe hold off for a bit until the problem is resolved to a certain extent. Lexus, we await your proposals with baited breath. take a leaf out of JLR's book.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links