Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WINTER MPG

Hello. My current mpg  is 43.7.  from 49.8 in summer. I drive like a Vicars wife, always on ECO. and use supermarket E10 fuel.

Is this normal? Any suggestions how to improve the economy please??

advance thanks

Paul

1 hour ago, P M R said:

Hello. My current mpg  is 43.7.  from 49.8 in summer. I drive like a Vicars wife, always on ECO. and use supermarket E10 fuel.

advance thanks

Paul

Winter always reduces mpg in hybrids as the ICE has to be on more to keep the car warm and the hybrid Battery does not perform so well in the cold. That difference seems about right. Mpg will improve with using E5 petrol. If you can get E5 for less than 10p a litre more than E10 you should be saving  money. More than a 10p difference though and you won't (but will still get better mpg and the car will run smoother and quieter). 

• Like 1

I live in the High Peak where it’s very hilly and it’s virtually impossible to get good fuel consumption.  If I head out onto the Cheshire Plain things get better.  However, it’s a hefty 2 litre V4 hybrid.   The V5s are now in production and they are so much better so things are about to change.  

43 minutes ago, Don C said:

The V5s are now in production and they are so much better so things are about to change.  

Now you're talking. A V5 engine would certainly make the car more interesting.

volkswagen-vr5-the-v5-engine-everyone-wants-to-argue-about-2019-08-06_23-02-53_329069-960x640.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, P M R said:

It depends on the journeys you do but your figures are matching my wife's UX at the moment. I'd try using normal drive mode as a test, it can be better than eco depending on journeys and driving style. 

Ditch the runflats with something more economical when it comes time to replace them.

We have only had ours since early December, but every tank full has shown consistent 50+ mpg figures over about 2500 miles, on a mixture of local and motorway drives, it seems to be a bit more economical on normal than eco as well 🤔

5 hours ago, GMB said:

Now you're talking. A V5 engine would certainly make the car more interesting.

volkswagen-vr5-the-v5-engine-everyone-wants-to-argue-about-2019-08-06_23-02-53_329069-960x640.jpg

Don’t put a deposit down until we’ve had a chat!!!

Just returned from a 3 day 320 mile round trip up to Birmingham from Somerset.

Got up to 49.8 mpg at one stage but couldn't quite get to 50.

I don't drive slowly but neither do I drive rapidly.

Conditions very cold, scraping ice off in the morning, heated seats and steering wheel used frequently.

Bill D.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links