Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Gaazzared said:

Just seen the following advanced options on the remote control section of the app. 
just wondered if anyone else has seen them and tried them out. 

IMG_2496.png

Yep, I've used both the unlock and lock features and the start climate to defrost the car. These features were pretty flakey when the app was first introduced but now seem to be working properly.

I have seen the options but haven't tried as yet.

I'm still a bit apprehensive operating my car from my phone 🙈 🙈

Maybe an age thing 😅😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AWC said:

Yep, I've used both the unlock and lock features and the start climate to defrost the car. These features were pretty flakey when the app was first introduced but now seem to be working properly.

It’s the advance options that have just been added below these options. The climate control/lock and unlock have been there for a while. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

It’s the advance options that have just been added below these options. The climate control/lock and unlock have been there for a while. 

Ah, hadn't noticed those, when did they appear? Will give them a go!

I am only using “Start Climate”, it is quite useful when the weather is cold - it is nice to get to a car that has been pre-heated and defrosted.

I can’t think of any situation when I might find the other controls useful though…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serguei said:

I am only using “Start Climate”, it is quite useful when the weather is cold - it is nice to get to a car that has been pre-heated and defrosted.

I can’t think of any situation when I might find the other controls useful though…

Likewise but each time I use climate I have to reset and sync my profile!

8 hours ago, Ken R said:

Likewise but each time I use climate I have to reset and sync my profile!

Strange. My works OK, the only issue so far was that it takes too long to send the command to the car so you occasionally wait until you see from a window the car flushing (it is park next to my front window) and I had to send it twice on a particular cold day (I guess the servers were overloaded). 

I also have a feeling that the app/servers are getting better. At least I can see a state of Battery charge quicker now (this is something I tend to check via an app to see if I need to connect the car to the charger). 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Same issue as the Door Lock/Unlock feature for me, I can only use unlock if the vehicle was locked with the app.  If the vehicle has been locked via the key fob, it cannot be unlocked with the app whether Doors or Boot, just generates an error about the alarm.  Lexus told me this was how it is so should be the same for everybody.

I have to admit, I didn't even know about these 'advanced options' until you mentioned them @Gaazzared! Have they always been there or just appeared?! 

Anyway, there's nothing really there of use to me - other than perhaps opening the window (which one?!) if it's been a blazing hot day...

Besides, I don't really have much use for the app. I'd like to use it for remote climate but on my car, it only works when it wants to (rarely) rather than when I want it to. It just seems to be something which records your mileage, fuel level and trip overviews - and 'times out' when you press on just about anything else. 

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

I have to admit, I didn't even know about these 'advanced options' until you mentioned them @Gaazzared! Have they always been there or just appeared?! 

Anyway, there's nothing really there of use to me - other than perhaps opening the window (which one?!) if it's been a blazing hot day...

Besides, I don't really have much use for the app. I'd like to use it for remote climate but on my car, it only works when it wants to (rarely) rather than when I want it to. It just seems to be something which records your mileage, fuel level and trip overviews - and 'times out' when you press on just about anything else. 

They have only just recently been added. 
I think the power window is for closing in case you leave the windows open. 
The boot unlock/lock seems useful if you don’t want to unlock the whole car. 

These obviously do not work on the Mk1, and the only thing I did use was the map / Sat-Nav send to car feature, which is still missing.
the app for me is basically useless 

On 1/30/2024 at 1:27 PM, Gaazzared said:

Just seen the following advanced options on the remote control section of the app. 

Thank you for noticing that new option. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links