Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC 300h - Luxury vs F-Sport spec?

Hi, I'm really interested in buying an RC 300h, I have seen one I like the look of but in the less popular Luxury spec. (You might see it on Autotrader and know which car I am talking about)

I was wondering what the main differences are between the two specs and if it is worth spending extra to find an F-Sport spec model? Also what is the hierarchy order of specifications for RC 300h?

I have always preferred the F-Sport version because of four main features specific to it:

*  The superbly engineered moveable instrument cluster.  *  The design of the seats, which are more firmly padded with no loss of comfort, and are, in my experience, less prone to lateral creasing because of the stitching pattern.   *  The 19" rims (and fatter though, alas, costlier rear tyres) which, in both the original and facelift models, improve the car's appearance with, IMO, no loss of ride comfort.  *  The AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) system, which gives an appreciably firmer ride while providing better handling, especially in cornering.                                                                                            

• Like 1

If it's any help at all, I recently moved from a UX Premium Plus to an RC300H FSport Takumi with 20 inch wheels and I'm perfectly happy with the ride of the RC. I don't find it to be too harsh or jiggly and because it doesn't have run-flat tyres (unlike the UX), I think there's less road noise. 

However, the RC Luxury might provide you with an even better ride and enough features to satisfy your needs and wishes. I haven't driven one but I'd be confident that the RC driving experience will be very good in any model variant.

5 hours ago, Parker87 said:

RC300H FSport Takumi with 20 inch wheels

Must be a special, didn't think they come with 20's thought biggest size was 19" save for the RX and the like 🤔 

3 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Must be a special, didn't think they come with 20's thought biggest size was 19" save for the RX and the like 🤔 

The OEM rims for the RC300h F Sport are 19”.  Two of the maybe seven or eight other RCs I have spotted over the years have had 20” rims.  Oddly enough both had Swiss plates, leading me to suspect something of a trend among local owners.  

Hierarchy... Luxury is most basic spec. Then F-Sport/Premier are kind of same level. Premier is considered top spec. but for example it does not get digital dash, which for me would be deal breaker. After face lift Premier was replaced by Takumi, so the hierarchy became Luxury>F-Sport>F-Sport + Takumi Pack > Takumi. Again F-Sport + Takumi being kind of the same as Takumi, but Takumi lacking digital dash, instead having some wood trim and little bit better base equitpment.

As for what Luxury lacks - I would need to find the the option list, but basically all the options that are standard on F-Sport/Premier would be either optional or not available on Luxury.  Luxury for example does not get Leather and by default has vinyl seats, smaller wheels etc.

18 hours ago, Duggie B said:

Sorry, you're right, I've just checked the tyres - 19's it is.

I was going by the Lexus Approved description of the Equipment.....  and we all know how reliable those lists are...   Not!

No matter, 19 is fine by me.

11 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Here's the 2016 spec - back then all grades had leather seats as standard:

image.thumb.png.782813471bc66690299182cc37aba6a1.png

Interesting list that, RC-F really is quite similar, just with a different engine.

Id like to have had the option to have tan leather….

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 5:43 AM, nadrxj said:

Hi, I'm really interested in buying an RC 300h, I have seen one I like the look of but in the less popular Luxury spec. (You might see it on Autotrader and know which car I am talking about)

I was wondering what the main differences are between the two specs and if it is worth spending extra to find an F-Sport spec model? Also what is the hierarchy order of specifications for RC 300h?

Hello Jordan. Just wondering if you made a decision on this at all...?

On 2/11/2024 at 8:37 AM, Jgtcracer said:

Interesting list that, RC-F really is quite similar, just with a different engine.

Id like to have had the option to have tan leather….

Yeah Lexus is just weird with their restrictions - Tan leather only in Premier, Rose Red only in F-Sport, Digital Dash only F-Sport (and RC-F), Radar cruise only Premier (or RC-F), wood trim (although kind of fake looking) only Premier.

Because I love Dark Rose Leather of F-Sport, but not so much bright Red Leather of RC-F... Also it would be nice to have RDCC in F-Sport, or digital dash in Premier... but no... 

On 2/20/2024 at 11:53 AM, Parker87 said:

Hello Jordan. Just wondering if you made a decision on this at all...?

Hey Richard, thanks to everyone who commented in the thread I think I want F-Sport. Seems like it's the most popular spec available too. Waiting for the right one to crop up so that I can test drive. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nadrxj said:

Hey Richard, thanks to everyone who commented in the thread I think I want F-Sport. Seems like it's the most popular spec available too. Waiting for the right one to crop up so that I can test drive. 

I think that is good choice! Good luck with your search!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links