Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

stupid question re TPMS sensors

Hi folks I've a 2013 GS450h and one of the TPMS sensors has gone presumably the Battery .   If I try for the OEM part number surely the Battery on the OEM part will be old as well ?  Or do you get the latest part number, I suppose for a part with the Battery sealed in the unit or do I just get the OEM part number ordered in from lexus 

( or will they only order 4 in a set ? ) 

thanks

stupid question but just dont want to waste money on an old part with a dead Battery in a sealed unit 

chris 

If you get one from Lexus they will supply the most current part if you give them a superseded part code. I'd assume that the Battery wouldn't be that old as I'm sure they sell quite a few so it's unlikely to have sat on the shelf for years.

The current generation of sensors have a deep sleep mode from manufacture - only when they detect a certain pressure do they come alive for the first time - I imagine the ones back in the 2000s operated the same way.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:26 PM, messi said:

Why not just pull the tpms sensor out, and replace the battery, put it back in and reprogram it? Some people have done that.

Most have integrated batteries so its not possible to easily replace the Battery

Detachable batteries would likely become unreliable if places inside a wheel and spun rapidly 😉

It is possible but a fiddle. I did mine a while back and they were fine. No reprograming to be done. You have to dig them out then re silicon them in.

Thanks for all the replies.  Looking on toyota and lexus parts websites a lot of TPMS sensors seem to be OEM ; can I just get DENSO or whatever and hand the tyre man the new 4 of them ? 

TPMS sensors are available in two frequencies: 315MHz and 433MHz. If you looking international websites, ensure that those TPMS sensors are using the correct frequency... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links