Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well what a cockup

When I decided to replace my IS with a UX the Lexus dealer said they couldn’t take my car in P/x with the private plate on it as it was against the law ( what a load of crap ) anyway I said not a problem I will put it on retention so had to wait 5 days until the logbook turned up, it turned up Saturday so I arranged to collect the UX today, got to dealership then they told me they couldn’t take my car in P/x today because upon hpi check it was showing the wrong registration number, I said I wasn’t going to go home in my old car because the insurance changed to the new car from 1200 today so ended up coming away with an NX on there insurance until the hpi check had sorted itself out.

This doesn’t give me much confidence in the company.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3

Hopeless aren't they. My car with a private plate on isn't recognised on the app, or sometimes if I book it in for service. Yet it's recognised on price compare and car parts internet sites. I've told them, and can't be bothered to tell them again. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, ALAW said:

That's not good Derek there are other dealers.

Yes there are other dealers but 40 miles away Cheltenham 28 miles away, I am  not unhappy with the sales person because she said it was her manager that said I had to remove private plate, he should know what he is talking about but obviously not.

Dell

I’ve had a private number plate for 25+ years and have never heard anything like this from any dealer! 

Usually they simply have the whole thing sorted by the time I collect any new vehicle seemingly without any involvement from me!

• Like 2

Transferring a private plate to a new (unregistered) car is quick and simple. Transferring to a pre-registered or secondhand car is a little more involved. My dealer sorted everything for me in both cases, only the timescale was longer for the secondhand transfer, waiting for the DVLA to process things but even then it was only 5-7 days

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dells said:

Yes there are other dealers but 40 miles away Cheltenham 28 miles away, I am  not unhappy with the sales person because she said it was her manager that said I had to remove private plate, he should know what he is talking about but obviously not.

Dell

Experience amazing

Well finally picked up my nice Pearlescent white UX today, they gave me a tank of fuel and I spoke to the sales manager and told him I wasn’t very happy regarding the cockup, he looked about 12 years old ( is that my age ) anyway he blamed it on Listers, just have to learn all the bits and bobs , IE BSM, LTS and lots of others, connected CarPlay would have been nice to have wireless but ha-ho , had £400 unused from service plan so only £17 a month for next 2 services and MOT’s so that’s 3 years covered as just serviced and had it’s first MOT ( bonus ), much easier to get in and out of.

Dell

IMG_0999.thumb.jpeg.aa6611bcc48a00c2681207df2543a56e.jpeg
IMG_0998.thumb.jpeg.4793cce1c4d8f2e6f3368111a105069f.jpeg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links