Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Initial doubts about quality were unfounded as the stainless steel was a good gauge. The rubbers protrude by 4mm  so no contact with the surface of the stainless steel is made.  At £27 they are lookalike copies of course of Lexus Aluminium pedals but no drilling or adjustment is required.  The original rubber pad on the foot brake peels off and the replacement pedal with it's rubber backing slips back over the pedal with a little lubrication. Fits perfectly.  The accelerator pedal simply slides over the original.   Not too bad an imitation F Sport look.

20240302_131409 Pedal Old.jpg

20240302_134400 (1) pedal new.jpg

My winter use Lexus mats do the job of protecting the high grade carpeting.   My original Lexus carpet mats are then used in the dryer summer months which are similar in quality and too good to get damp/wet/stained  given our very wet climate in winter. Each to his own.

Make sure you polish your shoes too before you mount your steed …….. no grubby souls / soles in there for sure 😂 

Malc 

• Like 3

Hi Steve, yes, indeed, each to his own.  However, and I'm sorry about this, but your shiny pedals just make me feel rather sad. I don't understand why, when you're a decent bloke who takes extra-special car of his car, you'd do this to it.

However, yes, each to his own.

: o )

Over the years I'm always intrigued why certain posts offend/displease/upset or generally get right up someone's nose and not just my own posts or threads.     Forums are a place for people who love cars and anything to do with them.    I take no offence to posts that question what I do as most members see it for what it is.    Accessorising a car unnecessarily can sometimes be an affront to good taste but if my pedal swap makes you sad then I guess you will feel even sadder when you look at this photo,  the pedals  in my first LS460 I owned.

I'll guess I am significantly older (70) than the average member but welcome all opinions. My working life was entirely related to motor vehicles so maybe that influences my contributions to Forums.

Our country and the world  is going to hell in a hand cart so silly things like a pedal swap is just a bit of nonsense.   I respect all purists who have no time for frivolous changes for changes sake.

Good luck to you all in everything that is important to you.  

pedaL 3.JPG

• Like 3

Steve - I see now that you're simply a shiny-pedals person, and won't necessarily be adding go faster stripes or a leather steering wheel cover - though I do wonder what you've got hanging from your mirror.

Please do be aware though that I am only teasing.  And there's no point in boasting that you're 70, because that's probably the median age of contributors to this forum, myself being no exception.

I did go through a phase of making minor modifications to motor cars. Just little things like replacing drum brakes on an anglia with discs from an old ford capri. And popping a cortina engine in instead.  A weber carburettor. A four into two into one exhaust manifold. Oh, and then a high lift camshaft. Some wider tyres of course, to look the part. The axle tramp was terrible. And there were more cars after that.  Shiny pedals - pah! 

But it's all fifty years in the past, and we don't talk about it in the family any more.

: o )

• Haha 1

That's more like it Kev,  a bit of good old fashioned banter. Do you know I haven't heard the phrase axle tramp for decades and the Ford cars you quoted were all vehicles I worked on as an apprentice mechanic back in the early 70's.   Managed to get a well worn 1600E MK2 Cortina  when I was 21 in Gold paint so you can imagine what I did to that to get it back to showroom  condition.   Then a dream car for me was a MK1 Triumph Staaaag in white.    These were great days for me back in Liverpool in the 70's.  No pedal conversions though as I recall !!!!

I have been searching for a traffic light air freshener though but they are collectors items now and like hen's teeth. 

Arr the smell from the Feu Orange gently swaying on its string looped over the choke knob, the blue furry dice hanging from the interior mirror and finally that green sun strip with Steve on the driver’s side and that of my present girlfriend on the other side, the latter being changed on a near weekly basis.

The 1970s pitted with British Leyland and the joy of breakdowns 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links