Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not good news.

It depends on the test conditions.  I won’t have an electric due to range anxiety but if my circumstances were different and I could run one I’d expect far less than published unless I could replicate the exact test parameters.  

• Like 1

The UXe has a beautiful ride/handling Combo, even without AVS, but Summer Range Issues above 70mph were very poor.

Tel

The over optimistic figures quoted by car manufacturers to give the Would Like To Predict (WLTP) figures are no different to the MPG figures quoted.

E.g the quoted MPG figure of an IS300h is 64.2 mpg and a fuel tank size of 66 litres giving a range of 932 miles. The average MPG figure when I had my IS was 44.8 MPG, giving a range of 650 miles. A 30% reduction in range. So not much different for the EV perceived drop in range. This too is affected by cold temperatures and poor weather.

However I did travel 15 miles yesterday and only lost 15 miles in range. On a full charge (100%) I am getting a dash range of 165 miles with aircon on (UX300e).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

E.g the quoted MPG figure of an IS300h is 64.2 mpg and a fuel tank size of 66 litres giving a range of 932 miles

Actually the WLTP figure for the IS300h is pretty accurate (and all other Toyota/Lexus hybrids too), much better than the old testing methodology which the 64mpg was based on:

image.thumb.png.4685edd6f908efea343a73697e00e123.png

Sadly, WLTP for EVs is not realistic.

• Thanks 1

The UXe is a lovely car and we have no regrets with it, but it is not an efficient EV. The range displayed is arbitrary rather than a reflection of previous journeys. To know your real range you have to divide the number of miles covered between charges, for Battery percentage used. You can only see the percentage in the app, nowhere in the car (bonkers). My wife is getting a theoretical max of about 115-120 miles at the minute with the heating on. If you have the above info you can calculate your efficiency. Number of miles travelled divided by percentage used. Multiply that number by 100 = real range on a full charge. Divide that real range by 45 (usable Battery size) = miles per kWh efficiency. My wife is getting 2.6 - 2.7. As a comparison, our Soul EV would be doing close to 4. We would be getting 120-125 miles around now, so slightly better range with only 30kWh of usable Battery. All of that said leccy is cheap at night and the Lexus is a much nicer car. Just a shame they are so behind the curve with full EV’s.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, joelfigueira said:

Well that’s not good at all. Looks like if I am to go electric Lexus are not the ones to go to. 

If you’re going to go off a social media article, make sure you check the others because even if it won’t go the full mileage, it’ll still be going when virtually anything else has been in the recycling heap for 20 years ;-)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Don C said:

If you’re going to go off a social media article, make sure you check the others because even if it won’t go the full mileage, it’ll still be going when virtually anything else has been in the recycling heap for 20 years 😉

Also read Jim1977 review further up and it doesn’t sound great for range. Plus I don’t keep my car for 20 years so that’s haha

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links