Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey everyone,

I was recently at Lexus Glasgow having work carried out on my car and I noticed that they had a few LBX models.  I thought that I would share some of the photos that I took. I quite like the LBX in blue. They had  a red one in their showroom.

lbx back boot.png

Edited by TomLC500h
uploaded wrong image

Thanks Tim, they both look good in those colours, am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh myself when I take my GS in for its service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomLC500h said:

Some other LBX pics 🙂

lbx interior.png

red lbx boot.png

red lbx rear.png

The thing I don’t get on what is a “premium” vehicle is no hooks in the boot for hanging shopping bags from and no height adjustable boot floor so it can be completely flat with no lip or set low to maximise boot space. These are really low cost additions and competitors, including VW etc., have both. Why?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Expatma said:

The thing I don’t get on what is a “premium” vehicle is no hooks in the boot for hanging shopping bags from and no height adjustable boot floor so it can be completely flat with no lip or set low to maximise boot space. These are really low cost additions and competitors, including VW etc., have both. Why?

Not sure those things are what define a premium vehicle but they are really questions for Toyota/Lexus - I'm not aware of any Toyota/Lexus with an adjustable height floor

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Expatma said:

Never had these on my Audi or Volvo. Not something I consider as being necessary.

10 hours ago, Expatma said:

You'd end up with the too small fold out bag hooks like the UX has that are neither use nor ornament.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Not sure those things are what define a premium vehicle but they are really questions for Toyota/Lexus - I'm not aware of any Toyota/Lexus with an adjustable height floor

The boot floor in the UX can be dropped by removing a panel.

Some things are just very useful - hooks to hang shopping from are one of them to prevent everything tumbling around the boot or having to wedge items to keep the shopping bags upright. The adjustable boot floor is great for sliding things in and not having to lift items from deep in boot recess. A simple “floor panel" that can be set level with the boot opening but dropped to the bottom floor of the boot just makes life easier. Neither of these are complex but just make life easier for users.

2 hours ago, robsmith115 said:

The boot floor in the UX can be dropped by removing a panel.

It's not really the same as what VW offer in some of their vehicles though.

2 hours ago, Expatma said:

Some things are just very useful

No debate there, just Lexus don't offer it unfortunately.

5 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

It's not really the same as what VW offer in some of their vehicles though.

No debate there, just Lexus don't offer it unfortunately.

I know but wonder why not when Lexus are clearly targeting a new customer base who want the simple things!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 10:23 PM, Expatma said:

There’s plenty of things on an LBX that any VW doesn’t have.  That’s why there’s a choice.  Buy a VW if you want those things but consider the following before you cough up…..

951bbd9b-e682-4117-bc0d-f4c65934201e.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links