Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Before you buy an EV!!!

In hindsight probably.

But that's the disadvantage of having a Lexus as it's always the first choice and have covered over 20k miles in in less time than the 6K in the MG.

Oh well.......it's only money!

I'm glad peoples experience with Hyundai / Kia have generally been more positive than mine. But the way the dealer network / warranty has massively let down owners within my close circles multiple times, shocks going on an i30N which only had 3 years of hardly harsh driving, high pressure fuel pump going within warranty period (definitely not a consumable part) and them leaving him out of pocket etc, I'm just totally off the brand. 

In terms of Hybrid / EVs, I hear they are second to Toyota / Lexus in Hybrids, and one of the leaders in the brave new EV world. For all I know, the Hybrids may be as reliable as the ones we love, and the EVs as reliable as they come. They're coming out with some original designs now too, finally, which is good.  Personally they're not for me though. 

As for MG, even if it wasn't for some of the glaring issues in quality, copying design, lack of craftsmanship, the fact they're CCP owned means even if they cure deadly diseases, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole. 

Just my pragmatism here …… Kia Experience and their 7 year warranty 

Just a little background …… my initial experience of Kia some 30 years back, me as a car dealer too, when they first entered the uk …… TERRIBLE QUALITY …… DISASTER ….. and then, when they’d begun to overcome the copious dreadful issues they brought out the 7 yr warranty here in the UK ….. to instil confidence in the brand 

Kia is now transformed in its Petrol/diesel cars and longevity is assured ……. hence my business guy in Delhi, at my suggestion, bought his brand spanking new, from the Kia Showroom, petrol,  Kia Carens 7 seater SUV …… about £18k or so ( cash of course 😄

When he and family goes up-country his car needs 24/7 reliability with family comfort too ……. and refuelling with ease anywhere …… which EV can’t compete with India wide 

the Carens isn’t available here in the UK now ? 

Oh, and the car has a full size proper spare wheel too 👍

Malc 

I would never change from my Ls400 though ….. my simple motoring needs are satiated thankfully 😅 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links