Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus LS 400 2000/X

….ISGSLS IRL, thank you, you are so kind - really appreciate your note. so sad we could not swap your Lexus LS600h for my Lexus LS400 + cash your way ! 🙄😃😃

anthony 😃

….thank you Malcolm, wondered when you would pick up on that Island !🙄 - well done !

let me clarify the ‘ all off-shore oil rig’s’ listing for those Member’s (+ non-member’s ) feeling left out of being able to purchase my Lexus LS400:

are you ‘domiciled’ in Great Britain, holding a gb / uk Passport and work on an off-shore oil / gas rig located in the North Sea, Irish Sea or North Atlantic? good new’s - you would be able to purchase my Lexus LS400 for continuing use in Great Britain !

anthony

….wow ! 😃 - 8.37 this morning, I am now granted The Explorer Badge ! 

Lexus Owner’s Club Suit’s - thank you - another badge to be worn with pride!

I remember, when I was a Cub, 12, ( junior Boy Scout’s ) I was obsessed with the range of  colourful ‘achievement badges’ to be worn on one’s sleeve’s of the dark green jumper ( remember those ? ). the best badge was for First Aid, bright white cross on bright red, triangular, backckground ! when Arkela was not looking I pinched that badge, and a handful of other’s, got my mum to sew them on both sleeve’s ( 😲) - no one ever said a word, not even mum !

ironically, have just attended a 2 day First Aid ( Driver’s ) Training Day and am now a fully qualified, certificated First Aider - what goe’s around, come’s around ! ( no bl**dy badge, though, wish I’d kept the old Cub one ! ☹️ ).

anthony

IMG_0364.jpeg

• Like 1

Anthony …….. which negatives are you aware with your Ls400 ? 
Malc 

….very good question, Malcolm !

patience ! I do have a post pending titled ‘ so what exactly does not work on your Lexus LS 400, Anthony ?’.

release likely tomorrow, now.

need to compose / release ‘my Maintenance Service Record’s for my Lexus LS 400’ - within the hour - stay on this channel, folk’s ! 🙄😃🙄😃

anthony

…..Maintenance Service Record’s for my Lexus LS 400:

I want you all to imagine you are standing, looking down a long, wide, open plan office. row after row of utility desk’s, at least 6 wide, disappearing into the distance, all manned by both male and female, uniformed, service personnel all poring over document’s using magnifying glasse’s with the buzz of continuous activity and whispered conversation’s.. the air feels tense and is a haze of blue cigarette smoke (☹️). the time ? 13.00 hour’s, the date of the month ?  the 5th, the month ? May, the year ? 1944 ! your location ? RAF Medmenham, Central Interpretation Unit ( CIU ), Buck’s. the RAF nerve centre for Photo Reconnaissance. startled, you, and many of the Photo Interpreter’s, look up at the window as first a Mosquito PR ( max 396mph ), V12 Merlin engine’s screaming at full throttle, as it accelerate’s down the runway promptly followed by a Spitfire PR Mk X1 ( max 362 mph ). both totally unarmed- sheer speed was their only protection ! both flew at 30 to 35.000 feet. neither aircrew would have known ( or, indeed, even any of the RAF staff ) why they were tasked with endless sortie’s to snap the French coast and inland area’s, day after day….🤔🤫

fast forward to today, 5th May 2024 ( 80 year’s later ! - I was day’s old, blissfully unaware of all this frenetic activity, fast asleep in my cot, I remember 😳 ) and you will all, shortly, become ( Lexus Owner’s Club ), civilian Photographic Interpreter ( PI’s ) ! how ? because I am about to reveal the detailed Maintenance Service Record’s of my Lexus LS 400 ! I just know you, like me, will all scrutinise all the recorded details like date’s, mileage, continuity, sequence’s, dealer’s, garage’s, workshop’s etc…..but remember, luckily, for us,  no D-Day next month ! 🙂

voila…..

anthony

ps: for £ 4.495 - what ?

pps: actually, your location would have been Daneshill House, Medmenham - I don’t believe it was near an operational airfield RAF base - call it author’s licence ? 😳

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0379.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0382.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0380.jpeg

IMG_0381.jpeg

IMG_0382.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0386.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

….hi - guy’s !

need some help please !

could a Lexus LS 400 year 2000 expert tell me what this press button switch actually activate’s ? have owned car for nearly 3 year’s - never found out what it doe’s ! no mention in Owner’s Handbook. driver’s door sound’s a bong every time it is opened - no effect using this button !

button positioned just to the right of the bonnet release lever under offside dash.

all suggestion’s welcome - thank you.

anthony

IMG_0389.jpeg

….no, Chris - I have that Lexus option already installed ! bright banded yellow and black handle over driver’s headrest, in emergency - sharp pull forward, the canopy disappear’s in the slipstream and seat and driver are rocketed, literally,  vertically upward’s 200 metre’s at 100 mph complete with drink’s holder - parachute deploy’s immediately on descent ! front passenger has one too - say’s Martin Baker on the headrest’s. 😳

• Haha 1

….thought ! vehicle registered in 09 / 2000 - could be fitted in transition to replacement LS 430 - their first reg’s were on an X plate !

maybe, a Lexus LS 430 owner could help ?

anthony

Anthony hi again  .........  did you get the front exhaust leak issues sorted that they mentioned  ?

When I had mine done on my Mk3 the exhaust fabricators built anew coz there was zero availabilty of the OEM part anymore 

Best wishes

Malc

Hi that button is for the volume for the alarm.

I must say your ls400 looks very nice and I see lex tek have looked after yours too, theyve done some work on mine too.

….Malcolm - hi !

just knew you would make a good PI ( Photo Interpreter ) - did you use your stereoscope to discover that nugget about the exhaust  ! 😃

last January, jumped, well unfolded (6’ 5” ), behind the wheel, started engine and instantly could here a slight but distant V8 rumble - had Mr Toyoda heard that he would have gone incandescent with rage - not very Lexus but 170k and failed mot now looming !

have previously owned Camaro 5.7 + Mustang 5.0 - both designed for the ‘ V8 rumble’ to irritate the neighbour’s - not Lexus !

knew the rumble would become louder so found a 5* fabricator called Krolltek ( see ticket ) near Newcastle. 3 hour’s later job done - back to the Bentley sound ! Kristian, co-owner, explained because the Tahara factory had used mild steel bracket’s / flanges’s on s/s system they had failed but the pipe work was ok. the entire front system was replaced in s/s from ( but not including ) the central in-line resonator to the cat’s - s/s flange’s and bracket’s fitted ! he also remarked that the system from the resonator back was ‘as good as new’ - good for anothe 170k mileage !

all this for - £ 390, bargain! ( one workshop quoted £ 1.200 for the work, cash ! - alway’s get a second or third quote, guy’s, so many shark’s out there ! ).

anthony

IMG_0391.jpeg

….just a brief marginally clarification review concerning the RAF Medmenham mini novel, earlier 🧐😳

of course, all the aircrew’s and other RAF staff ( and, indeed, everyone in the UK ) knew something was going to happen in 1944 soon ‘when the balloon go’s up’ ! what they did not know was when and where. initially, D-day was planned for May then put back to June - then The 5th was delayed to The 6th because of poor weather. invading Allied troop’s would only have been finally told of the detail’s on The 4th !

intro topic now closed. 🤐

Front Exhaust issue ….. All done then that’s good. Yes mine cost about the same too ……. should last another 20+ years ok 

Malc 

….Qamar - hello, and thank you for your suggestion and kind comment.

alarm hi/lo volume control ?

mmm unless there are 2 default sound level’s that is what it is, then.

the control (pin) does not rotate like a volume control. you press the pin In, and it lock’s flush with the surrounding panel - press again, it spring’s out protruding from the panel ! ?

Will run with alarm volume control subject to any other idea’s.

thank you, again Qamar

anthony

….tell me, Anthony, what has disappointed you about your year 2000 Lexus LS 400 during your near 3 year ownership ?

yes certainly, er, wait - I’m still thinking, er

two thing’s…

and they would be ?

1. the horn - when you sound it people, naturally, turn to look for the source of the sound, expecting to see a Dacia Sandero ( love’em ), or similar budget brand. instead they see a Lexus LS flagship limousine, just odd ! 😳

2. the glove box - the high level cd player access lid has a beautiful precision, damped opening action - similar to Bang and Olufsen’s hi-fi unit’s.

when you unlock the low level glove box lid it drop’s down, noisily, crashing into the retainer bracket, just odd ! 😳

….thank you, Anthony..

….you are so welcome..

Anthony hi again ...  is there anything else we need or should know and understand about your specific car to make any purchaser happy going forward ?

Best wishes

Malc

….yes there are Malcolm..

* imminent post concerning what does not work on my Lexus LS 400.

* another post, under consruction, as to why one would want to own a 170.000 mile + Lexus LS 400 versus other, affordable, V8 engined car’s.

* maybe, a current MOT review ( valid to April 2025 ! ).

* spontananeous LS 400 thought’s ?

have a feeling Lexus Owner’s Club Member’s, and non member’s, (now 1.600+), are reluctant to proceed to purchase my Lexus LS 400 because they know, after 45 post’s, on-going contribution’s will abruptly, cease ! 😳 .

anthony

Anthony hi ……. Members here with an interest will have already checked the online MOT status as you kindly mentioned the regn no. upfront 👍

The rest is “ good to know “ when thinking about a purchase …….. especially as you’re residing in the far flung outposts of the Empire 🤣

What they don’t know ……. is if the car actually works, drives, sounds “ normal “ until they see it in the flesh so’s to speak 

When I bought my J reg Ls400 last August I was happy that the owner drove it the 40 ? or so miles over to me on the day of purchase, it worked 👍 ……. and I  bought “ sight unseen” as they say …… but I did have some 25 years of Ls400 continuous ownership and probably knew what to expect ……… might be your purchaser won’t have that benefit of knowledge 🤔

Best wishes with it all

Malc 

2 hours ago, borderslad said:

….tell me, Anthony

2 hours ago, borderslad said:

….thank you, Anthony..

I know the borders can be quite an isolated location to live in but I hope it's not resulted in you talking to yourself! 😁

• Haha 1

….thank you, Hugh - an interesting observation !

the fact is, this is the second conversation, (the other, last Saturday pm), I have had with a  Lexus PR executive at the Lexus LS Tahara plant in Aichi, Japan !🤔 name withheld for dp. he called me as early as last Tuesday intrigued and impressed with my LS 400 post’s and requested a zoom interview call - I willingly accepted. Hugh, I merely posted the playback conversation, verbatim, following translation, as I speak fluent Japanese..😳.

more likely, Hugh, I just have to be different to everybody else ! alway’s want to ‘break the mould’ and be the First. 45 year’s in sale’s has meant my life has been target driven and target LED ! continuous self analysis show’s I am a Lone Wolf / Sigma Male-search them - that’s me ! 😳

yes, The Border’s is off the main shipping lane’s, certainly. this month make’s 11 year’s in Scotland following 69 in se / sw London, Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire. curiously, have never, once, had to pay for parking, here - must have saved thousand’s ! 😃

sayonara, Hugh

anthony

ps: anyone know the existing record for the number of page’s in the Cars For Sale section? 😃

….wow ! have just been notified I have been granted a promotion to Contributor with the associated Badge ! thank you, so much, Lexus Owner’s Club !

….the sleeve’s on my green jumper ( see Cub post ) are filling up - fast !

anthony

• Haha 1

….please be advised I have, with immediate effect, added a third t&c to The Sale of my Lexus LS 400:

if you, a Lexus Owner’s Club Member or non-member, reside in Northern Ireland I am pleased to advise you the block on purchasing my Car has now been waived !

research show’s selling a car to Northen Ireland is identical to selling a car in Great Britain ! 🙂

….first come - first served at this price ( £ 4.495 ! ).

anthony

ps. …sorry, Eire, the embargo remain’s. ☹️

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links