Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thatcham security device

A question if I may. Can anyone confirm whether a LC500h is fitted with a Thatcham category 1 standard security device? I ask because I have just about renewed my car insurance and the application defaulted to saying such a device is fitted, but is that really the case?

Would greatly appreciate any advice that might be available.

Yes, I'm sure all Lexus UK sold vehicles have a Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser as standard (despite gaps in the model information you can find online listing Thatcham approved devices).

It's really down to your insurance company to tell you otherwise, they are the ones with the information on what is fitted as standard, not the owner 😞 

Thanks Colin, it was the lack of confirmation on the Thatcham website that bothered me, but as you say the insurers should know what is actually fitted. As you can see from this LINK under Toyota/Lexus cars, the LC is not listed which is what got me wondering..

They may well have a Thatcham category 1 fitted but that hasn't stopped them from being stolen, so i dont really see the point in them

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wendle said:

They may well have a Thatcham category 1 fitted but that hasn't stopped them from being stolen, so i dont really see the point in them

I agree Chris and for the time being I will rely on my wife's car as "custodian of the drive" as my first line of defence. Regretfully, and to quote our local police, there are numerous Albanian gangs operating in the area. This was confirmed by my daughter just yesterday when she shared that over fifty door cameras have recorded their activities on the estate she lives on! There have been practically daily thefts of high-end cars and yet plod still hasn't caught one of the crims! Probably best if the estate becomes gated, but yet again we are having to modify our life style to cater for the crims! Curiously, we never used to be plagued by car theft, I wonder what has changed................

18 minutes ago, Brian R said:

we never used to be plagued by car theft, I wonder what has changed................

I think what has changed is the gradual understanding by the thieves that they will not get caught because the Police do nothing. So it goes on and on.....😢

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links