Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Punctured Run flat repaired

I had my minor service today at Lexus Edinburgh and the NSF run flat (a bridgestone) was punctured. Lexus repaired it for but I read later that punctured run flats should be replaced. Should I get a new one ? 

Hi Srishail

Run flat tyres can be successfully repaired just like normal tyres. If Lexus has repaired the tyre and told you all is now good then I would trust their advice. 

Regards

• Like 3

I guess provided you haven't driven far on it whilst flat there would be no reason to have it replaced, after all its the sidewalls that are designed to take the weight of the car the tread is like normal tyres.

3 hours ago, Srishail Kumar said:

Thank you for the suggestions. I also was hoping for recommendations on having run flats in front but non run flats in the rear. Is that okay ?

I’ve come away from run flats but I wouldn’t partially do it.   They are very heavy and might alter the dynamics of the vehicle by having a mix.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don C said:

I’ve come away from run flats but I wouldn’t partially do it.   They are very heavy and might alter the dynamics of the vehicle by having a mix.  

Ah okay. Guess I’ll move to normal tyres soon as my NSF run flat is a repaired puncture. Will get tyreweld and Lexus RSA for some peace of mind.

My repaired run flat is still going strong 18 months later so I wouldn't be concerned, and it definitely shouldn't be the reason for you to change them soon.

• Like 2

I carry a small electric tire inflator, so if I get a warning of low tyre pressure I can hopefully reinflate it.  This should increase the chances of being able to get the run flat tyre repaired rather than having to replace it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links