Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav

On the Top Gear website, they say about the Lexus Sat Nav "the optional satnav appears to be permanently 50 yards off the mark". How do you find yours? My Sat Nav is a portable Garmin model, and it seems spot on.

Also, do the Lexus in-builts have a speed readout? Mine does but, in the Lex and in my previous car, my speedo in the dash reads more than the speed on the Sat Nav. BUT, when I use it in the States, it's spot on and the two read the same!!

Weird. Really weird.

Min doesn't seem to be out at all - (perhaps they didn't recalibrate the system) but is has been confused a few times when in tiny country lanes !.

I find that I can't have the nav system and the wife in the car at the same time - they end up fighting :lol:

I have never found any problems with my sat nav, it is the Lexus supplied model built into the IS200, it is always really accurate and the only issue I've ever found is that there is no way to set it to take advantage of major and minor roads to achieve the fastest route to a given location. It is usually very accurate, perhaps their's needs callibrating.

Andy

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by jenners

Min doesn't seem to be out at all - (perhaps they didn't recalibrate the system) but is has been confused a few times when in tiny country lanes !.

I find that I can't have the nav system and the wife in the car at the same time - they end up fighting :lol:

:D Oh yes, at least she doesn't have to try and read a map!! My next car will have Sat Nav for sure to avoid a large divorce settlement:wow:

On the subject of it being off, is it not offset for security? I'm sure I read somewhere that the US millitary who effectively runs the GPS satellites made it off so that potential enemies couldn't target correctly? Or was I dreaming?

On the subject of it being off, is it not offset for security? I'm sure I read somewhere that the US millitary who effectively runs the GPS satellites made it off so that potential enemies couldn't target correctly? Or was I dreaming?

Wasn't that in a James Bond film?

Originally posted by ricky_is200

Wasn't that in a James Bond film?

I believe that the septics have the capability to turn down the power of the signal, or even turn it off completely, in the event of conflicts or threats.

What about the speed thing? Can yours display your current speed?

Mine sometimes goes out of sync.I can arrive at a junction but the Sat Nav says I still haven't reached it.

Apparently so I've been told that it runs off milatary satelites which when needed they reduce the signal to us for milatary purposes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links